Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:35 am 

Just wondering if UK members have found this a relatively simple process. Basically, I have been thinking of buying a copy of Bat Chain Puller which is hard to find in UK, and expensive. However, it's $20 on Zappa site with I think about $15 P&P to UK, which works out at around £22, significantly cheaper than any I have found so far in UK. Would I be safe from any import duty or tax at that price ? Any further information welcome e.g. delivery time etc.

Thanks

Barry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:06 am 

Hey there Barry, have you tried: http://www.gandsmusic.com/ in the UK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:11 am 

Thanks,yes I've used them in the past but they don't seem to have BCP in stock/listed.

barry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:16 am 

Sorry, they do have it, didn't realise there was a second page of the Captain's stuff !! That might be my best bet, a few quid dearer but quicker.

Thanks again.

PS still interested to know if anyone has used Zappa site for music, t shirts etc. and what their experience was.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:36 am 

I have used barfko swill for a bunch of stuff over the years (well in excess of 200 transactions) without any problems, except for a couple of shattered jewel cases, which isn't bad considering my location on the globe....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:58 am 

bkelly wrote:
Just wondering if UK members have found this a relatively simple process. Basically, I have been thinking of buying a copy of Bat Chain Puller which is hard to find in UK, and expensive. However, it's $20 on Zappa site with I think about $15 P&P to UK, which works out at around £22, significantly cheaper than any I have found so far in UK. Would I be safe from any import duty or tax at that price ? Any further information welcome e.g. delivery time etc.

Thanks

Barry

I purchased a copy of Greasy Love Songs from them. It cost me around £25 in total with shipping included. Took just over a week to arrive and wasn't damaged.

If you're ever in Camden town have a look around all the music stores there. So much captain/zappa on vinyl and cd for cheap. I got BCP for £3!!

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also