Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:33 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Puisard Radioactif
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Awesome film! Best $1.99 I've spent this year!

(While your principles may come from the right place being all anti-Apple, is $2 really gonna kill ya? You're missing out on this one.... ) :wink:

Only this year? that's the best deal i got in my whole life.

_________________
Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peu avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15052
ZutboF wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Awesome film! Best $1.99 I've spent this year!

(While your principles may come from the right place being all anti-Apple, is $2 really gonna kill ya? You're missing out on this one.... ) :wink:

Only this year? that's the best deal i got in my whole life.


You call that a bargain? The best you ever had?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:47 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Saint Loomis
This video is nothing short of amazing~!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:33 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Puisard Radioactif
calvin2hikers wrote:
ZutboF wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Awesome film! Best $1.99 I've spent this year!

(While your principles may come from the right place being all anti-Apple, is $2 really gonna kill ya? You're missing out on this one.... ) :wink:

Only this year? that's the best deal i got in my whole life.


You call that a bargain? The best you ever had?
Yep for $2 a new video for me is my best deal ever, even its only 10 min.

_________________
Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peu avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: re: cheepnis
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9601
fantastic video, the band does 2 rounds of cheepnis, both takes sound true to the album ... george's cackle after 'zipper from the black lagoon' could also be an overdub

wonder how much studio rehearsal sessions fz filmed ¿

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: re: cheepnis
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 339
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
fantastic video, the band does 2 rounds of cheepnis, both takes sound true to the album ... george's cackle after 'zipper from the black lagoon' could also be an overdub

wonder how much studio rehearsal sessions fz filmed ¿

Almost all ... Big surprise coming in 2025

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2874
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Damn! Just downloaded this tasty little sucker and I gotta say, that's the best time I've ever had for 2 bucks. Great fun!

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: re: cheepnis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3300
Location: Chicago, IL
Little_Sally wrote:
Almost all ... Big surprise coming in 2025


Can't wait - haha! :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Posts: 357
So: is Napoleon not part of the Grande Mothers anymore?

http://www.miooow.com/artists/live-arti ... ntion.html

(I dont know where to ask that, sorry. Anyone know any infos?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
balint wrote:
So: is Napoleon not part of the Grande Mothers anymore?

http://www.miooow.com/artists/live-arti ... ntion.html

(I dont know where to ask that, sorry. Anyone know any infos?)

Sounds about right balint, I don't see his name anywhere. I'm glad I caught they're last tour with NMB last Sept.. I wonder where he'll show up next?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Posts: 357
Well, he played with Peach Noise in december:

https://soundcloud.com/nicolas-mingot/p ... -on-murphy


Pygmy Twylyte
The Message (Grandmaster Flash)
Florentine Pogen
Inca Roads
Big Swifty
Zomby Woof
Advance Romance
Easy Meat
Peaches


But not a word about it on his or on the Grande Mothers' homepage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
balint wrote:
Well, he played with Peach Noise in december:

https://soundcloud.com/nicolas-mingot/p ... -on-murphy


Pygmy Twylyte
The Message (Grandmaster Flash)
Florentine Pogen
Inca Roads
Big Swifty
Zomby Woof
Advance Romance
Easy Meat
Peaches


But not a word about it on his or on the Grande Mothers' homepage.

Thanks for something cool from NMB to listen to whilst I peruse the web looking for any NMB action. There's none that I can find on any Zappa site. I wonder what the deal is? Nothing on Yahoo alerts either, so whatever happened is not in print form...yet.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Massachusetts
great video, makes me wonder if the roxy movie will be 100% live or will have little studio nuggets like this


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3300
Location: Chicago, IL
roxy movie..... roxy movie.... hmmm, nope doesn't ring a bell. What's that? :roll: :oops: :cry:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Massachusetts
PenguinInBondage wrote:
roxy movie..... roxy movie.... hmmm, nope doesn't ring a bell. What's that? :roll: :oops: :cry:

i saw this trailer of it as an extra on the X-Files DVD set one time. i think that may have been an acid flashback though

_________________
-How long have you been playing the bicycle?
-About two weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3300
Location: Chicago, IL
cygnus73 wrote:
i saw this trailer of it as an extra on the X-Files DVD set one time. i think that may have been an acid flashback though


Ok, it's all coming back to me. That's where Agent Mulder was a sex addict novelist living in LA, right? :smurf:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheepnis
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:54 am
Posts: 153
Location: Ireland
Has anybody been able to screen record this, and sync up the sound? I'd be willing to give anyone who does this $2. I'm in Ireland and can't watch it. I keep checking but it's getting tiring.... and boring.

_________________
Arf!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zappahead311 and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group