Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:34 am 

tweezers wrote:
Some of us read the forum to revel in FZ's work or learn of other fans' perspectives. I, for one, find these bouts of one-upmanship and name-calling to be a distraction. Why not have threads where people yell at each other. That way, I will know which threads to ignore.

We've tried that on numerous attempts but it never worked. Only way around it is to put repeat offenders on your Ignore list.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:46 am 

BBP wrote:
tweezers wrote:
Some of us read the forum to revel in FZ's work or learn of other fans' perspectives. I, for one, find these bouts of one-upmanship and name-calling to be a distraction. Why not have threads where people yell at each other. That way, I will know which threads to ignore.

We've tried that on numerous attempts but it never worked. Only way around it is to put repeat offenders on your Ignore list.

Better yet, just join or read the Zappateers forum.
Decent and friendly folks all around.
No name calling and/or endless arguments, just people talking about stuff in a well mannered fashion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:12 am 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
BBP wrote:
tweezers wrote:

Better yet, just join or read the Zappateers forum.
Decent and friendly folks all around.
No name calling and/or endless arguments, just people talking about stuff in a well mannered fashion.

I generally live at Zappateers - but this forum is my comedy/entertainment site. Lots of silly arguments can be fun sometimes - with the occasional Zappa backdrop.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:23 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Well, I see SPACEBROTHER (tweedle-dumb) and Caputh (and even Lumpy Gravy) continue to give each other their desperately-needed hand-jobs, after their inability to win ANY arguments with me. Oh well.

But then again, it's just another day on the Z forum...

I can't speak for my esteemed fellow-forumers and whilst deeply regretting disabusing you, I have to point out that merely quoting and commenting on your posts is not, nor ever has been, enough to provide me with a feeling of sexual arousal, Disco Boy.
Perhaps it's just that I'm getting older.

Equally, the almost tantric foreplay that precedes almost every release by the ZFT consistently fails to give me a hard on...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:35 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Well, I see SPACEBROTHER (tweedle-dumb) and Caputh (and even Lumpy Gravy) continue to give each other their desperately-needed hand-jobs, after their inability to win ANY arguments with me. Oh well.

But then again, it's just another day on the Z forum...

In addition to being a delusional hypocritical twat who has been proven to be wrong frequently, you're also homophobic. :roll: I'm not surprised.

The original author of this thread should rename it to "Return of the Son Of Another Thread Hijacked By The Frequently Proven Wrong Disco Douche"

Nice signature Caputh!

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 am 

"you're also homophobic. I'm not the least but surprised."

One more t, and I'd have some light bladder leakage

:lol:

I myself have been "butt surprised" on more that one occasion :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 am 

I've definitely had my sexy moments out here, they don't do anything for me but make me laugh though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
I myself have been "butt surprised" on more that one occasion :oops:

"Oh, I knew you'd butt surprised!" (1-2-3-4!)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:31 am 

db is a "butt surprise", in a verbal diarrhea kind of way. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:06 pm 

So, we can now add "homophobic" to the long list (and much too long to list here) of ABSOLUTELY ABSURD accusations made against me by SPACEBROTHER (aka, tweedle-dumb). I'm not sure where or how he came up with that one?! I guess it was the hand-job comment? But then again, this crap is coming from someone who thinks that if a person posts a pic of a hoodie, that that person is automatically racist (amongst a multitude of other incredibly stupid assumptions). So, we can't get our hopes up too much if we expect SPACEBROTHER (aka, tweedle-dumb) to enhance himself in the intellectual dept., can we, folks?

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:15 pm 

vaultmeister wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
vaultmeister wrote:
:?: OK, so what TWO songs from Joe's Camouflage should we put in heavy rotation on Zappa Radio? I have my choices but interested in what you all think......

Any Downers & Reeny Ra

Excellent choices. I was thinking Reeny Ra for sure! Done

thanks for putting that version of Downers out, what an amazing song.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:51 pm 

darthpeepee wrote:
Great CD. Personally, I think the version of Honey, Don't You Want A Man Like Me? is actually pretty awesome. Yes, you can barely hear the vocals, but the guitar riffs and drums play a nice upbeat rhythm, I dig it.

It has a bit of a Beefheart feel between the guitar and Bozzio's unusually laid back drums. Also of note is that Novi sings "Betty"'s lines.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:56 pm 

BillyDaMt wrote:

I've been telling people how great the 1975 Any Downers was. Now people are starting to get it! Thanks, ZFT.
80s version is sort of inconsequential.

Topsham, Billy? Better than Brunswick, right? haha. I was in the S. Portland, Cape Elizabeth area
visiting with a girlfriend 2 summers ago. Beautiful.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:29 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
So, we can now add "homophobic" to the long list (and much too long to list here) of ABSOLUTELY ABSURD accusations made against me by SPACEBROTHER (aka, tweedle-dumb). I'm not sure where or how he came up with that one?! I guess it was the hand-job comment? But then again, this crap is coming from someone who thinks that if a person posts a pic of a hoodie, that that person is automatically racist (amongst a multitude of other incredibly stupid assumptions). So, we can't get our hopes up too much if we expect SPACEBROTHER (aka, tweedle-dumb) to enhance himself in the intellectual dept., can we, folks?

Nothing screams superior rational intellect like tossing out homoerotic themed insults...that is of course dependent on your observations that three grown men give each other hand jobs is of a negative or positive connotation. I will use rational thought to base past observations of your replies to interpretation that the act of three grown men giving each other hand jobs is a bad thing in your view, thus making you a homophobe.

None of this has anything to do with this CD release. Some people just can't help but being enormous douchebags.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:54 am 

Read a "garlic breath which sounds like a snore" kinda review on Joe's Camouflage. Pointedly that is what the so-called "The Resentment Listener" website calls itself. The review itself shows an obvious appreciation and understading of much of what's going on with this release of the Corsaga, but in where the reviewer feels "Joe’s Camouflage combines high appeal for zappaphiles and hard-core listeners of any kind (including resentment ones)" I have to wonder why anyone would place a Resentment Aura from Tacoma on anything from the Vault. This statement clealy shows that resentment exists in the sociology of many a Zappa fanatic.

Surely not every fan is even going to like projects that were totally completed by FZ himself. Where some fans even feel the need to create worst song or worst album threads. One can understand why a Corsage Series item may not be for everyone. What is becoming more clear, is as time goes on, the amazing Nuggets of the Corsaga can help Zappafiles, and listeners of any kind, get a unique look into the work process of the composer. Some have been amazed at the Corsage sereies since day one, but it's clear that the entire sereis is now popping up through the Camouflage. As this project moves forward, it's one of many special Vault projects, where many can not wait for the next installment.

Surely tongue and cheek humor has a place for many of the fans. The want of a nail, of many so-called fans, that complain and complain and complain. Rarley do I ever pinpoint and single out individuals, but the generality of what may be refered to as so-called fans that complain, and but also, those that just go out and bootleg the intelectual property. For example this allbum was out only about one turn of god's grey earth and it was streaming on one website and now has found it's way to anohter popular streaming vehicle. Hopefully they get shut down. Zappa Radio should be enough of a free as the wind ideology for folks to get a good tasting.

Surely many of us love the footsteps of the life of Frank Zappa, but when it comes to lack of good will towards his work, be it overt criticism or bootlegging, I for one hope Frank is up there in heebin dancing away, where the foot of his choice is stomping down on the fingers of folks that are not too kind to his intellectual property.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:48 am 

Someone take the chalkboard away from this long nailed maniac.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:31 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:

I've been telling people how great the 1975 Any Downers was. Now people are starting to get it! Thanks, ZFT.

It sounds like Frog knows more about downers than Napoleon (who took over the vocal after Frog left).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:06 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Frank is up there in heebin dancing away, where the foot of his choice is stomping down on the fingers of folks that are not too kind to his intellectual property.

Do you thing he would be so rude to Gail?* I do not think so. Okay, there are the lots of delays, the lack of information, the promised-and-not-released stuff and so on, but it's still her who releases things - at least sometimes.

So, in the meantime we are almost forced to listen to the (thankfully lot of) unofficial stuff, if we want to get music from the not-very-well represented eras, like spring '80, spring '75, the Petit Wazoo times... Thanks to all the guys who collected, shared, cathegorized these!

(*joke.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:19 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
HJ wrote:

Could you please for a moment consider that your repeatedly use of the terminology "so-called fan"

Repeated illicit/illegal behaviors of so-called life long fans or so-called fans of any length of time, makes one ask the question "Who Do You Think You Are?"

This version of the Corsaga has soo much conceptual continuity. Sha La La La..... When some of these so-called fans step up to the microphone, as in some cases it's of illicit bootlegging extraction, one can only ask Who Do You Think You Are?, ....O.K. now get out of here!

There's no need for Secret Greasings here. Damn right, for some of these so-called fans, it is quite clear, that the pomade in their pompadour, when it comes to spreading good will towards the music of the composer, the intelectual property of such, and but also, his family, the likeness of any such good will has become extinct.

Yes, yes, we know that you use this term. That was not the question either. It was: "Could you please for a moment consider that your repeatedly use of the terminology "so-called fan" can be thought of insulting to people who has loved and lived with the music of Frank Zappa for a large part of their lives?"

But I guess the bottom line is that people who do not like Zappa's music like you, behave like you, maybe even are you, they can never be more than "so-called fans"?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:07 am 

HJ wrote:

Could you please for a moment consider that your repeatedly use of the terminology "so-called fan"

This is not about people who do not like the music exaclty like me, this is about people that break the law by stealing it. For example I have never bought one of those bootleg movies sold by ladies that would be better off preparing won ton on in a local noodle shop, "five dallah', five dallah". I'm just not a get involved in any level promoting bootlegging kinda guy. I would hope more fans get a pair of balls and Kill Ugly Bootlegging. Bootlegging of music and films seems more prevelant than the total life population of turkeys in the history of Lancaster, California. I wonder what happened to all the turkeys out in back of Palmdale? Maybe they train the turkeys to make and sell bootlegs in Lancaster these days.

It's a good thing we are in the topic of Camouflage. Pointedly I repeat that Joe's Camouflage was released but a single turn of God's Grey Earth and humans were bootlegging it. Sharing by streaming is a form of modern day bootlegging. In my book, when so-called fans continue in the trend of illicit/illegal behaviors, I'll not only continue to use the term, and but also, poot forth with a "Who Do You Think You Are?".

While legal action would be more appropriate, yes "Choose Your Foot" would include good CC for that, the concpetual continuity that exists in this Frank Zappa tittle("Who Do You Think You Are?") is just the kind of term that this so-called fan reserves for bootlegging individuals. When they step up to the bootlegging microphone, now that the've talked through their bootleggign' microphone, get out!

I guees in different shades we are all so-called fans. For those that spread little to no good will towards the music and intellectual property of the composer, when the GOOD WILL is lacking or at times close to extinction, well so-called fan is more of big red awareness button.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:48 am 

Stop insulting FZ Fans.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:41 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
HJ wrote:

This is not about people who do not like the music exaclty like me, this is about people that break the law by stealing it.

Again, you quote me out of context, making my question incomprehensible. Ho-hum, that is why you don't answer.

Well, forgive me, I thought you had used the "so-called fans" terminology it in other situations as well. As for bootlegging, I agree completely with you, although I think that jaypfunk made the point clearer and shorter.

Trendmonger wrote:
people who do not like the music exaclty like me, this is about people that break the law

8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
For example I have never bought one of those bootleg movies sold by ladies that would be better off preparing won ton on in a local noodle shop, "five dallah', five dallah".

Go to hell, you racist piece of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 am 

There's another five minutes I'll never get back.

So how's Camouflage?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 am 

Shrewnews wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
For example I have never bought one of those bootleg movies sold by ladies that would be better off preparing won ton on in a local noodle shop, "five dallah', five dallah".

Go to hell, you racist piece of shit.

just because someone imitates an accent it doesn't make them racist, you dumbbell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next