Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6264
Location: Your Mom's Box
Disco Boy wrote:
Sweet! :twisted:

But I'm not pre-ordering it. I'll buy it once the copies actually start shipping...


what part of "NOW AVAILABLE!" don't you understand, retard?

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:20 am
Posts: 112
interesting link but look like audio got shut down


http://united-mutations.blogspot.com/20 ... flage.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:20 am
Posts: 112
26 bucks to get it tomrw sat wow no way will i do this


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm
Posts: 182
jaypfunk wrote:
what part of "NOW AVAILABLE!" don't you understand

Yep, got my shipping notice already.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2202
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Me too, I will have it Monday or Tuesday.

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1663
Location: Huntingdon, TN
Just ordered. :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3603
Location: Vancouver, BC
Shrewnews wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
what part of "NOW AVAILABLE!" don't you understand

Yep, got my shipping notice already.


What part of this thread entitled, "Roxy Camouflage", which clearly indicates I was referring to BOTH releases being shipped together, don't you understand, genius?

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1663
Location: Huntingdon, TN
The part where you don't just buy Camouflage. If you were still trying to bundle with Roxy, how many other releases would you still be waiting for? :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3603
Location: Vancouver, BC
Philostopher wrote:
The part where you don't just buy Camouflage. If you were still trying to bundle with Roxy, how many other releases would you still be waiting for? :mrgreen:


If you knew how expensive Music Today's shipping rates to Canada were, you'd probably be waiting to bundle several releases together too... :P

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:22 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Nashville, Tn
ordered

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 8788
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Disco Boy wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
The part where you don't just buy Camouflage. If you were still trying to bundle with Roxy, how many other releases would you still be waiting for? :mrgreen:


If you knew how expensive Music Today's shipping rates to Canada were, you'd probably be waiting to bundle several releases together too... :P


I suppose that's Obamas fault too


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Buy this other CD while you wait. :roll:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Bordeaux, France
Shipped !

_________________
"You can fly like a Penguin when you're dealing with Turkeys."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:10 pm
Posts: 62
Location: Portland!
I never got an email about a discount!! Oh well. Already got the shipping notice so that is awesome at least.

_________________
Smoke the tapes?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 513
Ordered........but never received an email as to it shipping
Maybe Canadians get whetever stock is left over?
(I'm pretty sure that's Obama's fault!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1663
Location: Huntingdon, TN
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Buy this other CD while you wait. :roll:


I agree. But, I'm really more excited about this one than I am Roxy anyway. Especially, after hearing the tracks that were playing on Zappa radio.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1233
Philostopher wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Buy this other CD while you wait. :roll:


I agree. But, I'm really more excited about this one than I am Roxy anyway. Especially, after hearing the tracks that were playing on Zappa radio.


I'd say unless there is more to Roxy By Proxy than is in the hype, it won't be anywhere near as interesting as either Road Tapes II or Joe's Camouflage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:20 am
Posts: 112
shipped yesterday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:20 am
Posts: 112
Tracklistage:

1. Phyniox ( Take 1) 2:29
2. T’Mershi Duween 2:28
3. Reeny Ra 4:13
4. “Who Do You Think You Are” 1:39
5. “Slack ‘Em All Down” 1:26
6. Honey, Don’t You Want A Man Like Me? 4:16
7. The Illinois Enema Bandit 6:27
8. Sleep Dirt - In Rehearsal 1:08
9. Black Napkins 8:12
10. Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance 1:55
11. Denny & Froggy Relate :31
12. “Choose Your Foot” 1:20
13. Any Downers? 6:11
14. Phyniox ( Take 2) 4:18
15. “I Heard A Note!” 1:20

TT 47:54

http://www.zappa.com/fz/discography/201 ... flage.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 513
OMG!
This is going to be awesome!
Thanks in advance ZFT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Massachusetts
Ooh I'm interested to hear sleep dirt even if it's only a minute. And reeny and that double length take two of phyniox

_________________
-How long have you been playing the bicycle?
-About two weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Posts: 355
pbuzby wrote:
I'd say unless there is more to Roxy By Proxy than is in the hype, it won't be anywhere near as interesting as either Road Tapes II or Joe's Camouflage.

It's interesting what you say - according to your supposition it will be more than what I would think - that would be great.
I'm - at the moment - on the other side: waiting for the Roxy CD (and movie) with that excellent band, the 2 drummers, the great solos, etc: it SURE will be great (and yes, Road Tapes 2 is just something wonderful), but thinking of this Camouflage... I don't know, at first I thought it to be something like Joe's Domage: small particles from rehearsals, with a short program (47 minutes), the gaps filled with some conversations, and a worth-for-one-listenning-only material.

I hope I will be wrong. :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6935
Location: South wales
bungles wrote:
Tracklistage:

1. Phyniox ( Take 1) 2:29
2. T’Mershi Duween 2:28
3. Reeny Ra 4:13
4. “Who Do You Think You Are” 1:39
5. “Slack ‘Em All Down” 1:26
6. Honey, Don’t You Want A Man Like Me? 4:16
7. The Illinois Enema Bandit 6:27
8. Sleep Dirt - In Rehearsal 1:08
9. Black Napkins 8:12
10. Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance 1:55
11. Denny & Froggy Relate :31
12. “Choose Your Foot” 1:20
13. Any Downers? 6:11
14. Phyniox ( Take 2) 4:18
15. “I Heard A Note!” 1:20

TT 47:54

http://www.zappa.com/fz/discography/201 ... flage.html
nice copy and pasted IBS post :P
Anybody notice the cover is the same photo shoot as Understanding America 1975 :wink:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Atlanta
cleon wrote:
bungles wrote:
Tracklistage:

1. Phyniox ( Take 1) 2:29
2. T’Mershi Duween 2:28
3. Reeny Ra 4:13
4. “Who Do You Think You Are” 1:39
5. “Slack ‘Em All Down” 1:26
6. Honey, Don’t You Want A Man Like Me? 4:16
7. The Illinois Enema Bandit 6:27
8. Sleep Dirt - In Rehearsal 1:08
9. Black Napkins 8:12
10. Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance 1:55
11. Denny & Froggy Relate :31
12. “Choose Your Foot” 1:20
13. Any Downers? 6:11
14. Phyniox ( Take 2) 4:18
15. “I Heard A Note!” 1:20

TT 47:54

http://www.zappa.com/fz/discography/201 ... flage.html
nice copy and pasted IBS post :P
Anybody notice the cover is the same photo shoot as Understanding America 1975 :wink:
Holy shit! You almost speak English?

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:22 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Nashville, Tn
I had assumed the cd, given the price and the Joe's ____age Series, would only have the 3 or 4 tracks mentioned in the short description, but this is quite a nice handful, and I stand by a single Black Napkins from an unreleased lineup being worth the price of admission alone! 47-minutes isn't that long but I truly was expecting no more than 20 minutes! This is great!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group