Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Camouflage
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:05 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:08 am 

Sterbus wrote:
Official release number?

Official Release #98

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:49 am 

Just sampled a few tracks here at work. Killer stuff indeed. Will listen in full on way home tonite.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:34 am 

x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:37 am 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
Listen the full album here...

DON'T BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:03 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:

Too late........

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:50 pm 

vaultmeister wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:

Too late........

Nice statement Joe.
Especially since i have ordered both Roxy By Proxy and Road Tapes II on the 10th of november last year and have soo far received nothing.
I would say my order is also too late...

About the link, that was easy for anyone to come up with.
I was searching for more info about Phyniox and thus googled frank zappa phyniox and the 1st link i found was the one with the full album.
Not exactly rocket science...

Also, may i add that i own and have purchased almost every official cd and vinyl you guys, and FZ himself, have released over the years ?
Not a license to go out and just steal everything from the internet, i also know that.

Just saying that despite sharing the link, i have put a lot of money into FZ and will continue to do so in the future...as long as you guys and gals come up with awesome releases.

And also...that link that you guys are calling me an asshole about has at least convinced me to actually purchase the album, so what's the loss ?

While we are on the subject...would it really hurt to maybe put out audioclips online with future releases so people might hear short selections of whatever it is they might want to spend money on ?

Keep up the good work Joe...Any Downers is an awesome tune :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:16 pm 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
Nice statement Joe.
Especially since i have ordered both Roxy By Proxy and Road Tapes II on the 10th of november last year and have soo far received nothing.
I would say my order is also too late...

About the link, that was easy for anyone to come up with.
I was searching for more info about Phyniox and thus googled frank zappa phyniox and the 1st link i found was the one with the full album.
Not exactly rocket science...

Also, may i add that i own and have purchased almost every official cd and vinyl you guys, and FZ himself, have released over the years ?
Not a license to go out and just steal everything from the internet, i also know that.

Just saying that despite sharing the link, i have put a lot of money into FZ and will continue to do so in the future...as long as you guys and gals come up with awesome releases.

And also...that link that you guys are calling me an asshole about has at least convinced me to actually purchase the album, so what's the loss ?

While we are on the subject...would it really hurt to maybe put out audioclips online with future releases so people might hear short selections of whatever it is they might want to spend money on ?

Keep up the good work Joe...Any Downers is an awesome tune :mrgreen:

It's also the fact that it's up on torrent sites as well. ALREADY. & it was posted by someone in europe. I mean, does that person call himself a fan you think? I don't know, it's just the way of the internet now I guess. Carry on, & thanks for the support. Honestly. Now go play Reeny Ra loudly!
:-)
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:29 pm 

Congeniality, respect, assholes, the whole magilla, lookout its a whole new internet! Nice interchange gentlemen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:45 pm 

I sure hope my postman gets it to my door tomorrow....

I hope Joe is still checking in, and hasn't been too pissed by recent events by some OTHER asshole in the EU.

I was hoping to get a little, since RBP is due soon (really) what is the scoop on the real deal?

In theaters, dvd, blueray what? Just a crumb of reality please....so close yet so far....we literally heard about it from Franks lips hisself back in '74 (learned that it was being filmed) then years went by and we all thought it was lost to the ages only to get gob smacked about 10 years ago....and the rest is herstory....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:40 pm 

I never got the code email, and emailing music today through their shitty site doesn't seem to want to finalize so I can't get one.

I'm starting to think that the hassle involved with trying to support and purchase these releases aren't worth it. If my roxy pre-order (which might as will be called "Crowd Funding" at this point) ever ships, it might be my last. That's just from a service standpoint, not factoring in the insane cost to ship to Canada. I love the music, but not the constant kick in the balls to obtain it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:04 pm 

This CD sounds great! Much better than expected.

Speaking of pre-order woes, I pre-ordered the Miles Davis Kind of Blue Mobile Fidelity SACD on 11/17/2011 and still don't have it. I would have liked to receive Roxy by Proxy on the original stated release date, but at least it hasn't been delayed 2+ years like the Kind of Blue SACD.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm 

I'll just wait for my cd. I did hear the 2 tracks on Zappa radio though. Love that Any Downers! Keep releasing. I'm still playing catch up, but there could never be too many.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 pm 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:

Agreed - in the old days performers were happy to have their tunes/albums played on the radio... YES: anyone could record it ("for free"), but hey, that was also a way to make it become well-known, to get it close to people.

So: if there are NO information, NO audio clips, NO advertising, NO correct (and kept) release dates - at least there are some places on the internet that helps us decide whether to buy it or not (because YES, it seems to be a great release, worth buying. But it is NOT zappa.com from where we will know it, unfortunately.)

(To me its also sad that The Vaultmaster only appears here to join the conversation when he wants to go AGAINST somebody...)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:56 am 

Thanks for the link AbnucealEmukaah83, forget about the haters oh so predictable response.

I've had a couple of listens and can't wait to get my hands on and ears around the cd, and as Joe instructed LOUD!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 am 

‎Now that the ZFT has relented and allowed the bulk of FZ's back catalogue (via the UME deal) to be made readily available via iTunes, why do they not also make new Zappa/Vaulternative releases similarly available? As well as going some way to bringing in a new, young audience (both GZ and DZ's stated desire), might this not reduce the number of 'old fans' looking at torrent sites, etc.?‎

I'm sure ‎the availability of Joe's Camouflage elsewhere won't dramatically reduce legal sales among the existing fan base - we've all got our orders in here, right?

Zappa music and much, much MOO-AH!
www.FestivalMoo-AH.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:25 am 

Absofuckinglutely Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:00 am 

Yep, for better or worse, the way of the world alright. But for me it all boils down to that one guy. Rushing to his computer with CD in hand, to be the first. To earn good standing with his upload ratio. I’d really like to toss this person down a flight of stairs. What a worm.

As for itunes, that will be dead soon, too, or evolve. Things are either gonna be had for (virtually) free, or you are going to have to pay dearly for them in physical form. And people are so accustomed to stealing off torrents that they will continue to so whether a paying service is provided or not. It's easier for them! Doesn't even really have to do with the ten bucks or whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:41 am 

brainpang wrote:
I’d really like to toss this person down a flight of stairs. What a worm.

Oh yes, what a hateful person he is - how much better you are who simply would like to kill (!) him... Oh well, what an evil world, when someone shares an album (see: music, culture, value...) - so: he SHOULD BE KILLED!!! YES!

(OMG - did you read what you've written?!?... Mr Sensitive...)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:57 am 

Ruz-El wrote:
I never got the code email, and emailing music today through their shitty site doesn't seem to want to finalize so I can't get one.

I'm starting to think that the hassle involved with trying to support and purchase these releases aren't worth it. If my roxy pre-order (which might as will be called "Crowd Funding" at this point) ever ships, it might be my last. That's just from a service standpoint, not factoring in the insane cost to ship to Canada. I love the music, but not the constant kick in the balls to obtain it.

I sent musictoday and email saying I had pre-ordered and I wanted my code. I also never get emails from them about past shipments either - so I mentioned that too.

I got the code that night in my email. Press them on it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:39 am 

balint wrote:
(To me its also sad that The Vaultmaster only appears here to join the conversation when he wants to go AGAINST somebody...)

Using the search function I found he posted here last summer to stop a rumor that Ian and/or Ruth Underwood had missed the Road Trips 2 shows due to illness. And last month he posted a link to Zappateers providing information about the use of digital safety tapes for the Uncle Meat vinyl reissue. So it isn't true that he only contributes comments against the fans.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:40 am 

brainpang wrote:
Yep, for better or worse, the way of the world alright. But for me it all boils down to that one guy. Rushing to his computer with CD in hand, to be the first. To earn good standing with his upload ratio.

Well, the site where this album appeared doesn't have upload ratios.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:20 am 

vaultmeister wrote:
It's also the fact that it's up on torrent sites as well. ALREADY. & it was posted by someone in europe. I mean, does that person call himself a fan you think? I don't know, it's just the way of the internet now I guess. Carry on, & thanks for the support. Honestly. Now go play Reeny Ra loudly!
:-)
Joe

and but also, The Corsaga Series speaks with far too many levels of conceptual continuity for some of these so called fans to digest.
While it should be obvious that your hard work is quite out front in the Corsaga series, I reemain steadfast in not letting these so called fans that step up to the metaphoraical illicit interent bootlegging microphone spoil my enjoyment of the music.

I guess one can suspect their toilet bowl has a yellow duck attached to the front. The fans that complaign over and over, the bootlegging....

If I could politely say something to all the fans. Now listen, we all have a hard life, but I for one stand tall giving respect to all that the Vaultmeister and the ZFT are doing for Frank's music. Hopefully folks can learn to treat the music and intelelctual property with respect. Buy it or not, bootlegging the stuff is not a cool thing.

In specific regards to The Corsaga, these are not only special nuggets but compiled and produced with the finest icing annointment utensil. The previews of Camouflage Alone should have showed all these folks that there is so much material that is hiding behind the doors of the vault. This Group and Band are the realness that so many fans are now just learning about. We've had secret greasings but this one has all the right dance moves with a little ugliness on the side. If and when anybody's hands get stomped on, one can only look at the behavor inside the illicit cookie jar and understand why.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:28 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
If I could politely say something to all the fans...

If only...

Fuck, I hate you shitting on this otherwise good conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 am 

pbuzby wrote:
Using the search function I found he posted here last summer (...) So it isn't true that he only contributes comments against the fans.

True, you're right, I remember now [change "only" to "mostly" :-) ] - but I guess you still undestand me: how great it would be if some kind of nice conversation would build up between music-fans and the ZFT - right? These are our plas, this is the background, this is my answer to this and that... etc etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next