Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:46 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Once again, Trendy turns a good thread into a diatribe on insulting FZ fans, once again blaming the fans for anything wrong with the ZFT.
Ill vote wayyyyy crazy... Feb 21.

You'll have to N'Lighten me what your opinion of the good about this thread is. Could it be all the leftover chocolates that will sit in heart shaped boxes. Could it be the $80 a dozen roses that are wilting in the local florist or could it be anything conceptually related to the prior on or about ship dates?

As time goes on I see less and less people having a pair of balls to stick up for the project. Some play these guessing the actual release date games like it's some joke. I for one look at each and every ZFT release as somethign I am very thankful to have in my lifestyle. For the folks that are tuned in the Kardashian's, if that is what makes their miserable lives all that exciting, well good for their pathetic aproach to entertainment. Folks may or may not like how long it takes for releases to get to market, but I for one am quite thankful for what has been making it's way to my high end idea of the worlds finest optional entertaimnet.

It's up to fans to support the stuff and treat the intelelctual rights of the composer with integrity.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:05 pm 

When all the downloads are finished...... So , never. Take the money and run.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:08 pm 

Norske wrote:
It's not coming out, ever. There will be no explanation from ZFT.

Get over it.

Yours truly,
-Eor the Blue Effing Mule

You're Talking About Dance Me This :-(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
You'll have to N'Lighten me what your opinion of the good about this thread is.

Self expression, asshole. You can't even figure that out?

What good are you? Purposely coming on here to try to annoy people. Zappa is not a religious figure, you pretentious con man. I am here to expose your con. Your con is that you claim to posses unique insight into the mind of Frank Zappa.

I don't need the corsage series to help me understand Zappa's working method. I understand it instinctively because I am working in my own way at my own highest level.

Your use of words is what William Burroughs calls a virus.

Trendmonger wrote:
It's up to fans to support the stuff and treat the intelelctual rights of the composer with integrity.

The composer is dead. He has no intellectual (correct spelling) rights. You are either completely dishonest or worthlessly, hopelessly, dangerously ignorant. His family owns the rights to his property. I respect that. I don't upload or download their releases. However, I don't respect their dumbed-down, talent-free contribution to said property. But whatever.

Last edited by downer mydnyte on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:28 pm 

Trendy, You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here. I Ain't Got No Heart, so Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder. Look, I copied down 3 FZ song titles that were marginally related to the conversation. Bleah. I have no intention of enlightening you because you are moribund. Your ideas of intelelctual rights and pretend integrity can take your theoretical support and fuck off with what you consider to be balls.
I have no intention of rationalizing this thread because I don't care if you like it. You don't need to like it for me to like it. You are shitting on it for no reason at all and wrapping your Bootlegging Boogeyman into it probably just because you felt like acting superior to those you choose to look down on. Stop insulting FZ fans.
(Now, since I'm probably pissing off BBP, I'll disappear from this thread. Thanks for ruining another one, Trendy.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:57 pm 

Ima stick with my original prediction of Nov 28, 2014.
Because, what the fuck?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:05 pm 

I'm with you, Billy.

Sorry I called you an asshole, Trendmonger, but please stop being an asshole and I'll stop calling you one.

Anyway, it's not at all valid to complain about name calling on a Zappa forum. Do I have to give you a list of Zappa songs in which Zappa calls people names? Jesus-fuck, this manipulative PC attitude on a Zappa forum is revolting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:51 pm 

HJ wrote:
April 1

Good one :wink: .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:04 pm 

I'm surprised a thread such as this hasn't happened earlier. Like books in the work place: What day is Fred and his wife's baby going to drop? Etc.

Without getting upset about it, Trendy is a sociopath, pure and simple. It seems a double standard to me banning someone like Jimmie D because he wouldn't let something go after repeated warnings, while not banning a sociopath who continually ruins threads.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:28 pm 

i'm hoping before the 40th anniversary but i could totally see the webpage getting taken down and people getting refunds and it just never getting released.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:29 pm 

HJ wrote:
April 1
+1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:29 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Once again, Trendy turns a good thread into a diatribe on insulting FZ fans, once again blaming the fans for anything wrong with the ZFT.
Ill vote wayyyyy crazy... Feb 21.

You'll have to N'Lighten me what your opinion of the good about this thread is. Could it be all the leftover chocolates that will sit in heart shaped boxes. Could it be the $80 a dozen roses that are wilting in the local florist or could it be anything conceptually related to the prior on or about ship dates?

As time goes on I see less and less people having a pair of balls to stick up for the project. Some play these guessing the actual release date games like it's some joke. I for one look at each and every ZFT release as somethign I am very thankful to have in my lifestyle. For the folks that are tuned in the Kardashian's, if that is what makes their miserable lives all that exciting, well good for their pathetic aproach to entertainment. Folks may or may not like how long it takes for releases to get to market, but I for one am quite thankful for what has been making it's way to my high end idea of the worlds finest optional entertaimnet.

WTF, this is a harmless contest Bonny put up to give people something to do. If no one cared about RBP, then no one would care enough to vote. If you can't just leave it alone without trying to portray it as some kind of a backhanded attack against the ZFT, then maybe you don't understand Frank's exhortations to question institutions as much as your essays on acceptable fan behavior claim that you do.

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:41 pm 

Its all my fault i did not pre-order it and i will go to hell :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:35 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
Its all my fault i did not pre-order it and i will go to hell :(

Say hi to Frank.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:37 pm 

First I want to know if I'm on Bonny's "Ignore List"... :shock:

Second - Does "when hell freezes over" count, or am I supposed to know that date too... :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
HJ wrote:
April 1
+1

+ (another) 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 pm 

Perhaps this is some form of conceptual continuity, and the Roxy CD and movie have already been released....we just need to look within ourselves to find our Inner Roxy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:03 am 

I'm not going to engage in name calling with Trendmonger I'll simply say that he is wrong.
ZFT have my support, they've had my ££'s in their bank account for RBP since the middle of last year and for the other releases as they were announced. I bought every FZ album on vinyl in the 70's and 80's I bought them all again as CD's in the 90's and I will continue to buy whatever they put on sale.
The people who are not supporting the RBP project are the ZFT, they have undermined it's credibility repeatedly delaying the release date and failing to communicate or explain what the problem is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:24 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Perhaps this is some form of conceptual continuity, and the Roxy CD and movie have already been released....we just need to look within ourselves to find our Inner Roxy.

Far out, man! I can see it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:01 am 

Look guys, the whole reason I made this thread is to see the hilarious side in something nasty that's happening. I'm sure ZFT has legit reasons to have such delayed shipping, and I'm sure they'll never bother to let their buyers know. Just like with big MOFO or the 2005 ZPZ runs.

Now stop bickering and stop quoting Trendmonger all the time, he's on my ignore list. Saves RSI from scrolling.
And play some music while you're at it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpIZkr2TBjM

Tallying: (this post will be edited when new predictions roll in)

Arkay Feb 21
Grimpoteuthis Feb 21

balint: 28 Feb
norske 28 Feb
Plook 28 Feb

Bungles 29 Feb

Philmore February 31

Idiot Bastard Son March 3

NewJPage: March 4th (1st week)

Polydigm March 7

Calvin March 14

Tweezers March 15

VacuumCleaner March 21

I'm HungUp: March 23

duchamp: March 28 (last week)

HJ April 1
ZutboF April 1
Val Valentin April 1

Shrewnews May 2

The_Acadian_2 May 11

Buckalos: summer months

Slime June 29th

Tiboudre: June 30

Trip July 17

BillyDaMt Nov 28

covead: Dec (1st two weeks)

Jaminbenb: Feb 14 2015

Norske: No nay never no more.

Last edited by BBP on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:17 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:28 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
You'll have to N'Lighten me what your opinion of the good about this thread is.

Again we see a good example of so-called fans' desire to boost the me-quotient way above what Frank Zappa intended (and, but also, even thought physically feasible). As I have said before, they should listen to the music instead. Only then will these so-called fans get the correct insight to the conceptual continuity of the work of Frank Zappa and be able to comprehend what true fans are talking about.

PS: BBP, in case of April 1, I claim first-mover entitlement (if this is a concept, but you get my drift). :-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:03 am 

"Some play these guessing the actual release date games like it's some joke."

Because the lack of any real info on the matter has MADE IT A JOKE. Go sit on top of your self-righteous mountain and leave us alone to have some fun with the ridiculous time we spend waiting for a product that has been delayed how many times?

Oh - sorry BBP - I didnt see your post about the quoting and rambling. Anyway - had to get that out. Now I can listen to music. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:28 am 

Yeah I kinda like this thread for several of reasons.

1. Helps people kill time while the wait for something they're very interested in.
2. It's actually kind of a positive "game" that to me is way better than the childish back and forth bullshit we normally see.
3. It definitely demonstrates that people care and that they are fans. If they didn't care they wouldn't even respond.

HJ - you were first I agree.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:41 am 

cygnus73 wrote:
i'm hoping before the 40th anniversary but i could totally see the webpage getting taken down and people getting refunds and it just never getting released.

You are referring to the 40th anniversary of the original announcement, right? :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:07 am 

"It will be ready when it's ready". - Zack Glickman
Roxy Theatre 1973

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next