Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:00 am
Posts: 180
Location: St. Loomis
Hi folks,

I just wanna know if any of youz who dropped the GRAND for the right to distribute, get your master yet?

There hasn't been much discussion regarding this. If you DO get one soon is GZ opposed to you discussing your business with her and/or your ability to distribute?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:00 am
Posts: 180
Location: St. Loomis
Yomama wrote:
Hi folks,

I just wanna know if any of youz who dropped the GRAND for the right to distribute, get your master yet?

There hasn't been much discussion regarding this. If you DO get one soon is GZ opposed to you discussing your business with her and/or your ability to distribute?



The responce has been as sparce as a Webern Quartet!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 498
The power of the mafia is great


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 pm
Posts: 30
Given the chirping crickets in this thread, maybe the better question is whether anyone actually dropped a grand to do this.

That would be a plausible explanation for the mysterious delay in releasing RBP--perhaps they didn't find enough blind optimists with $1,000 to burn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:02 am
Posts: 41
I've only noticed one person posting on another thread who said he'd paid the $1000 and last I read he hadn't received anything, not even an explanation. I'd have been tempted to invest but the lack of clarity and the doublespeak in the contract/license meant that I just couldn't get involved. It is a shame that it has reached the point that it has though, there is no excuse for the lack of communication from ZFT.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 552
Believe it or not.... I spent $1k... but, I did it on the guy who's making The Residents documentary!
http://residentsmovie.com/
In return, I get a copy of the film, a 'secret stash' of stuff that didn't make the film, an invite to the films' premiere (whenever and wherever that may be), AND........ a filmed meeting with the lead singer!! (coming soon to an internet near you).
Now, THAT'S a deal!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 7436
Location: Wellington New Zealand
I did seriously consider signing up for the licence, I investigated a number of local cd replicating companies costs etc. Deep down though I think I may have just kept it as an artifact. But as stated by others the cosmic GZ/ZFT speak persuaded me to save my money and not go to the show...

I did however manage (after much gnashing of teeth) to successfully import a Roxy SG from the US of A which cost me a little more than US$1000.00.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2339
Location: Europe
Gray_Ghost wrote:
I did seriously consider signing up for the licence, I investigated a number of local cd replicating companies costs etc. Deep down though I think I may have just kept it as an artifact. But as stated by others the cosmic GZ/ZFT speak persuaded me to save my money and not go to the show...

I did however manage (after much gnashing of teeth) to successfully import a Roxy SG from the US of A which cost me a little more than US$1000.00.

Lucky, and clever, you!

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Centerville - a real nice place to raise your kids up
profusion wrote:
$1,000 to burn.


Dig the pun man

Dig the pun




.

_________________
Yarglaa wrote:
not liking Grand Wazoo has to be trolling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18767
Location: Somewhere in time
You would think if anyone was going to buy in, they would be a member of this site, but what do I know... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 7436
Location: Wellington New Zealand
I could be wrong, but I think The_Acadian_2 said he had signed up....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1263
Location: Bordeaux, France
Gray_Ghost wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think The_Acadian_2 said he had signed up....


Sorry Gray Ghost. Although I am the owner of one of these Image, I have not signed up. Some "investments" are simply better left alone.

_________________
"You can fly like a Penguin when you're dealing with Turkeys."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 7436
Location: Wellington New Zealand
The_Acadian_2 wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think The_Acadian_2 said he had signed up....


Sorry Gray Ghost. Although I am the owner of one of these Image, I have not signed up. Some "investments" are simply better left alone.


Sorry my mistake TA2

Visa Infinite, thats one hell of a credit limit :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
Quote:
Plook wrote:
You would think if anyone was going to buy in, they would be a member of this site, but what do I know... :smoke:


it's me, no news, just that will be released as soon as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5907
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
LaBizzara wrote:
...it's me, no news, just that will be released as soon as possible.
When you say "it's me", does that mean you're the only one?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
Quote:
polydigm wrote:
LaBizzara wrote:
...it's me, no news, just that will be released as soon as possible.
When you say "it's me", does that mean you're the only one?

sorry i answer in hurry, this the correct quote:
Quote:
naehairbear wrote:
I've only noticed one person posting on another thread who said he'd paid the $1000 and last I read he hadn't received anything, not even an explanation. I'd have been tempted to invest but the lack of clarity and the doublespeak in the contract/license meant that I just couldn't get involved. It is a shame that it has reached the point that it has though, there is no excuse for the lack of communication from ZFT.

i also remember another forum member said he buy the license, hope not to be the only one..
And about the delay i hope is not related to some very serious issue, and everything will be healing nicely


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:47 am
Posts: 13
I'd be happy to buy a copy from you when you receive it, LaBizzara. I'd rather contribute my money to you at this point. Please post here when you receive it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 am
Posts: 32
Location: NY USA
I just received an email saying my Roxy CD shipped! Finally...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
liv3evil wrote:
I just received an email saying my Roxy CD shipped! Finally...



me too

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 am
Posts: 15
vince_de_wild wrote:
Believe it or not.... I spent $1k... but, I did it on the guy who's making The Residents documentary!
http://residentsmovie.com/
In return, I get a copy of the film, a 'secret stash' of stuff that didn't make the film, an invite to the films' premiere (whenever and wherever that may be), AND........ a filmed meeting with the lead singer!! (coming soon to an internet near you).
Now, THAT'S a deal!



That would be one Hardy Fox.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:00 am
Posts: 180
Location: St. Loomis
Lucky bastards! Could you guys with the shipping confirmation emails....could you give me the date of your order on the Barfko Site?

My order is listed as August 7th.

Still no shipping info for me. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18496
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
My order confirmation was July 30. (and, yes, I, too, received a shipping notice, today.)

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5907
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
How come, if people are getting shipping orders, Barfko is still saying it's available for pre order? They're making them one at a time? Assembled by Lilliputians?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14757
polydigm wrote:
How come, if people are getting shipping orders, Barfko is still saying it's available for pre order? They're making them one at a time? Assembled by Lilliputians?


Forgot to change the wording on the website?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:04 pm
Posts: 174
Location: Ymir British Columbia
So LaBizzara, when will you be taking orders?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], fkopvdt294, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group