Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2339
Location: Europe
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Fair enough. Although, I had heard the album at that point... I just hadn't purchased the one on that page! :)
Since I've done that though, I've noticed lots of things on amazon do that. There are reviews for the new Led Zeppelin remasters that are out in June. The first review on this page is from August 17, 2000.

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Deluxe-Remastered-Vinyl/dp/B00IXHBOF2/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1398903048&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=led+zeppelin+1+preorder

Sure, and new films released on Blu Ray are often presented along with reviews based on the VHS edition (I am not kidding). I am very interested in this version of the Roxy release, so it would be interesting indeed to read reviews that focus on the particularities on the artwork etc. But probably Amazon can't handle that (this could also be quite difficult for books that often come out in several versions).

I will most likely buy this edition, but I could have written a review without having even received the CD in any form :D

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
HJ wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Fair enough. Although, I had heard the album at that point... I just hadn't purchased the one on that page! :)
Since I've done that though, I've noticed lots of things on amazon do that. There are reviews for the new Led Zeppelin remasters that are out in June. The first review on this page is from August 17, 2000.

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Deluxe-Remastered-Vinyl/dp/B00IXHBOF2/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1398903048&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=led+zeppelin+1+preorder

Sure, and new films released on Blu Ray are often presented along with reviews based on the VHS edition (I am not kidding). I am very interested in this version of the Roxy release, so it would be interesting indeed to read reviews that focus on the particularities on the artwork etc. But probably Amazon can't handle that (this could also be quite difficult for books that often come out in several versions).

I will most likely buy this edition, but I could have written a review without having even received the CD in any form :D


Yes, my intention was to play a little game together, of course most of the reviews can not be real reviews because not everyone already have the cd, but i will be glad if someone after receiving the Ultimate Roxy by proxy will post some real review about my edition, and I think that is time to work at the contest winners list... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
:shock: THE TEN WINNERS :shock:

1st prize winner - free Ultimate Roxy by Proxy : Gray_Ghost
2nd prize winner - free jewel case Roxy by proxy: Eric
3rd prize winners - 50% discount: Rob, Ari, Jean, and pari merito for the best review: Vietato l'Ingresso
4th prize winner - 30% discount: Sonofthevillage
5th prize winners - 20% discount: tweezers, CJ and TwentySmallCigars

Who haven't already contacted me can pm for details, but i can accept only paypal and can not make a discount on amazon


Last edited by LaBizzara on Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
grandezoreilles wrote:
The book looks so nice ! :D

i have send a pm to you, i think you can read now, if not post here again, i haven't received your amazon pm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
just come back from the shipping service, ultimate roxy is on the way to you, here tropical rainstorm, now take a rest, more details later :D

and here is the actual numbered edition

the inside printing
Image

and the sticker on the back cover that shows which number is printed inside
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2937
Location: Between the Badges
Looking forward to it! Thanx Manx!

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:41 am
Posts: 418
Location: Centerville, Norway
LaBizzara wrote:
:shock: THE TEN WINNERS :shock:

1st prize winner - free Ultimate Roxy by Proxy : Gray_Ghost
2nd prize winner - free jewel case Roxy by proxy: Eric
3rd prize winners - 50% discount: Rob, Ari, Jean, and pari merito for the best review: Vietato l'Ingresso
4th prize winner - 30% discount: Sonofthevillage
5th prize winners - 20% discount: tweezers, CJ and TwentySmallCigars

Who haven't already contacted me can pm for details, but i can accept only paypal and can not make a discount on amazon


Is Jesper Hendze's 4 star review among the winners? As the most insightful piece it should be up there, even if he doesn't praise the product to the skies. Jesper's honesty and integrity should be appreciated.

_________________
If I'm not alone... How long have I been asleep?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
DC Boogie wrote:
LaBizzara wrote:
:shock: THE TEN WINNERS :shock:

1st prize winner - free Ultimate Roxy by Proxy : Gray_Ghost
2nd prize winner - free jewel case Roxy by proxy: Eric
3rd prize winners - 50% discount: Rob, Ari, Jean, and pari merito for the best review: Vietato l'Ingresso
4th prize winner - 30% discount: Sonofthevillage
5th prize winners - 20% discount: tweezers, CJ and TwentySmallCigars

Who haven't already contacted me can pm for details, but i can accept only paypal and can not make a discount on amazon


Is Jesper Hendze's 4 star review among the winners? As the most insightful piece it should be up there, even if he doesn't praise the product to the skies. Jesper's honesty and integrity should be appreciated.


yes, it is :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:28 pm
Posts: 7
i would love to own roxy proxy on vinyl, but not a bootshitleg. are the licensees only allowed to do Cds?
greatings to all mothers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
ziesel wrote:
i would love to own roxy proxy on vinyl, but not a bootshitleg. are the licensees only allowed to do Cds?
greatings to all mothers


yes, we are only allowed to do cds, no lp, no digital downloads


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2937
Location: Between the Badges
Just opened it. Looks great! Being Ultimate and all, I supposed I should have expected that! :)

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 114
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Got mine today (#0023)!

The bigger size makes the book a lot easier to read, the hardcover design is gorgeous and the disc artwork is superior. Truly a worthy addition to the Zappa collection.

With my 10% discount and the free shipping this only cost me $3.85 more than the ZFT jewel case version, it's one of the best Zappa deals I've gotten in a while.

If anyone deserves to make their thousand dollars back it's LaBizzara; if you've got the extra cash for a second copy (assuming everyone here has already bought the ZFT edition and if you haven't, then what the hell???) you need to pick this up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2937
Location: Between the Badges
I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this. I know not everyone is going to order a 2nd copy, but imo, this is the copy to get. Give your jewel case copy to a friend and get this one for yourself. This is the one that makes the jewel case copy obsolete. This is the one that will look good on the shelf. This is the one that people will want to look at when they stop by. This is the one that any FZ fan would choose for a gift if given the opportunity.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 114
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Couldn't agree more!

Considering the number of people out there that will buy vinyl bootleg pressings of ZFT CD releases and other such nonsense, this should be a no-brainer for anyone that considers themselves a Zappa collector.

It's REAL purty, no home should be without one!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
LaBizarra for President, or Emperor or World Dominator or something like that!

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 114
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't know about all that but the ZFT should hire him to design future releases.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2183
Location: Hamilton, NJ
I got this today. Mine is 0062. Buy from La Bizarra this is awesome!

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
thanks to all for the kind words about the ultimate edition, now at last I have my page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LFQVEAS please feel free to review :wink: :wink: :wink:


and i am working on a little surprise, maybe will be out for christmas time....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 114
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Review added. Encouraging all others who bought one of these to do likewise!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9569
vimmi ¿

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am
Posts: 50
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
vimmi ¿

of course :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1034
Location: Huntingdon, TN
I'm in. This will be my third copy. I've now spent $100+ on Roxy By Proxy. That means we deserve a new release now.

Uncle Meat P/O
Dance Me This
Complete Bongo era show {Road Tapes 3}
Anything?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9569
labizzara wrote:
of course :wink:
send it on home to me

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1034
Location: Huntingdon, TN
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you guys in the US to receive your copy? I've never purchased on Amazon UK before, so I was just curious. I certainly don't expect it to arrive next week. Just asking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2937
Location: Between the Badges
I don't remember exactly, but it was about 2 weeks, give or take a couple days, to get to Illinois. The package doesn't originate in the UK, but somewhere in Asia.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group