Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:57 am 

Ready for the next release please.

(just verbalizing how I feel, when I suddenly decide its time for more Frank)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:14 pm 

I agree.

But I would add: as the next release will be #100, I expect something VERY special.
So I would wait till Halloween or Xmas 2014 to have a 10 cd box (or something like that...) than to have a 2cd concert next week...

More than WHEN (in reasonable time, but after RBP let's put a stone over it) I'm more interested in WHAT.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:44 pm 

I'm ready. Waiting on my 3rd copy of Roxy By Proxy. I can't wait to see the hard cover book on this "deluxe edition" of Roxy. Should be here soon, but I'm still ready for the next one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:13 pm 

Fuck anything else give me DANCE ME THIS....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:39 am 

mistrijah wrote:

Not that there's anything wrong with wanting it - but I'm still amazed at how many posts I see frothing for synclavier stuff. It's interesting but just so cold to me. Civ III is pretty damn good but I wouldnt be upset if anymore ever came out. That's just me though. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:16 pm 

I am one of those synclavier freaks (Civ III is great but feeding the monkies at ma maison was something else too). My hope is for Dance me This as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:46 am 

I think there is interest in Dance Me This not primarily because people are synclavier fans but because it includes unheard Zappa compositions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:19 am 

pbuzby wrote:
I think there is interest in Dance Me This not primarily because people are synclavier fans but because it includes unheard Zappa compositions.

I can definitely agree with that assessment. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:26 am 

I will go with anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:26 am 

pbuzby wrote:

I'm interested in it, because I am fan of FZ's synclavier output AND it includes unheard FZ compositions.

anyway, The Rage And The Fury would be nice to hear too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:11 am 

I'm still hoping for a clean soundboard recording of the Hot Rats band. The band with Sugar Cane Harris on violin. Specifically when they played at the Olympic in L.A. I'd love to get rid of the lousy sounding audience version.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:27 pm 

Phlakaton wrote:
mistrijah wrote:

Not that there's anything wrong with wanting it - but I'm still amazed at how many posts I see frothing for synclavier stuff. It's interesting but just so cold to me. Civ III is pretty damn good but I wouldnt be upset if anymore ever came out. That's just me though. :P

That's a whole different argument, and one that i don't agree with, it's not cold at all, for me quite the opposite, some of the most emotional music FZ wrote, he was just getting warmed up with it and as far as i am concerned his synclavier music was as great as anything else he did and i for one cannot get enough. bring on DANCE ME THIS.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:18 pm 

Bobby wrote:
I will go with anything.

I love the synclavier stuff. I love Feeding The Monkies more every time I hear it. But, I'm with Bobby on this one. Just give us something. I've purchased 3 copies of Roxy By Proxy, and I'm ready for the follow up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:37 pm 

mistrijah wrote:
That's a whole different argument, and one that i don't agree with, it's not cold at all, for me quite the opposite, some of the most emotional music FZ wrote, he was just getting warmed up with it and as far as i am concerned his synclavier music was as great as anything else he did and i for one cannot get enough. bring on DANCE ME THIS.

Agreed! I get very emotional vibes from CP3. In particular, I think "Amnerika" is one of the most moving things FZ ever recorded.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:09 am 

Shrewnews wrote:
mistrijah wrote:

Agreed! I get very emotional vibes from CP3. In particular, I think "Amnerika" is one of the most moving things FZ ever recorded.

Not only some of the most emotional, but also some of his most personal stuff.
I love "Dio Fa", "The Pig With Wings" and "Secular Humanism" (Monkies version, though)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:24 am 

brunofulax wrote:
Shrewnews wrote:
mistrijah wrote:

Not only some of the most emotional, but also some of his most personal stuff.
I love "Dio Fa", "The Pig With Wings" and "Secular Humanism" (Monkies version, though)

I certainly wouldnt poo poo on anyone for liking it. It's some very interesting work. I do listen to it occasionally. I have to be in a special mood for it. I'm jealous that I cant find it warm and inviting. Just doesnt call to me like real bands I guess. Ah well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:41 am 

I LOVE Monies at Ma Maison

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:52 pm 

I'm Hung-Up wrote:
I'm still hoping for a clean soundboard recording of the Hot Rats band. The band with Sugar Cane Harris on violin. Specifically when they played at the Olympic in L.A. I'd love to get rid of the lousy sounding audience version.

That would be great. Also, a expanded version of Hot Rats that include outtakes and rehearsal stuff.

Call it Joe's Rats.

Now I have to go find the lousy audience version.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:46 am 

The next release doesn't need to be completely synclavier just partially.

How ever I am looking forward to a Halloween 78 release, maybe even a complete Thirteen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:38 am 

rajhoul wrote:
The next release doesn't need to be completely synclavier just partially.

How ever I am looking forward to a Halloween 78 release, maybe even a complete Thirteen.

I'd like a box set of the full 10-31-'78 show, how long was it? 3.5 hours?
And where are the roxy performances? They're still looking for budget to work on that thing?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:03 am 

July 30 will mark one year since the RoxyProxy announcement. Maybe Gail will want to give Diva a more timely gift this year?