Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:34 am 

In the last week of 2002 on the Harald Schmidt Show on German TV the Show-Band suddenly started to play Peaches En Regalia....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:32 pm 

Watching The Ice Storm and hearing Dirty Love. Also, seeing High Fidelity and within the opening moments, John Cusack's character talks about his record store and most of his customers are "young men looking for out-of-print Smiths singles and ORIGINAL, not re-released--underlined--Frank Zappa records". Shocker! Later in the flick, he's working at a record store and there is a wall of albums behind him, three of which are: Apostrophe('),and Joe's Garage 1-3. Today, I had a sighting...my brother downloads a lot of different screensavers (so you get a new one almost everyday) and today, there's FZ and the "Without deviation from the norm, progress would be impossible" (sumpin' like dat) quote and the photo from the back of Them or Us.......very cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:44 am 

A couple of years ago in a TV program here in Italy, named "L'ottavo Nano" (The Eighth Dwarf) the live band in studio played Eat That Question!!!<br>It was just the intro and then the main riff repeated over and over with the saxophone player soloing on top of it!<br>I remember on the wall behind them there were moustache shaped ligths  ;D<br>Unexpected and amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:25 am 

Madison Square Garden occassionally plays Peaches En Regalia  during breaks at Knicks and Rangers games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:41 am 

I was driving to work, minding my own business, listening to the Tony Bruno sports show in the morning.  While listing the various scores around the country, they actually had "Don't You Ever Wash That Thing" playing in the background!!!  I almost drove off the 405!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:07 am 

Just heard "Yo Mama" blasting out of some lads car stereo while I was shopping !!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:51 am 

Saw Parliament/Funkadelic a few weeks ago and they went directly from "Maggot Brain" into "I'm the Slime".<br><br> ;D :-* ;D :-*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:26 pm 

I heard FZ at the Baltimore Civic Center and the Lyric Theatre. A friend of mine saw FZ & the Mothers at a high school gymnasium in Ohio and was standing 6 feet away from the stage. I would have given up both of my concerts for the chance to see FZ closeup.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:46 am 

A friend of mine who worked in a record shop told me a funny story once...<br><br>This black kid walks in and asks for Bobby Brown and my friend says this is the only Bobby Brown we have and plays Bobby Brown Goes Down for a laugh. <br>The kid listens to it and says "This isn't what I want!" and leaves...<br>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:16 pm 

I once heard Cosmik Debris in a strip club! It was a multi-stage place and in between dances, they'll play a minute or two of a song to fill the time while the girls change stages. Well low and behold Cosmik Debris came on. Cosmik Debris and mammalian protuberances...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:30 pm 

I watched A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 a few nights ago (stinker!), but I noticed a huge Them or Us poster in the background of one of the kid's rooms!<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:09 pm 

A few years ago, I was watching Swiss TV (the French channel). They announced the coming programmes and in the background I could hear... a FZ Synclavier composition. "One Man One Vote" if I'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:33 pm 

<br> i just got back from a week in texas, and while i was in austin in some small cheap mexican restaraunt they were playing the entire apostrophe album.<br>  i was about the only customer they had, and i was quite shaken up by this ...  nobody in there seemed to pay it any attention, not even the employees .<br>    it was pretty bizarre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:40 pm 

While in a bar, they played Dirty Love.<br>I personally have not heard it, but Cleatus... is supposed to be the main theme song to an Indian version of "sesame st."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:27 pm 

Walking past a cafe in Quebec, Canada. ( early 70s)<br>They were blaring "Son Of Mr Green Genes" from Hot<br>Rats album on a cheesy little speaker outside.<br>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:47 pm 

I heard Peaches En Regalia playing in the background in a dream I had once. Can't remember what was going on (though I think I can remember walking out of some record store), but I wasn't able to be surprised, as emotions are always dulled while you're in dreams.