Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:40 am 

was in the caffateria while at college and the TV set was set on a cartoon that MTV may or may not play anymore.  Has something to do with this "Goth" looking chick and her cheerleading type sister.<br>Anyway. I couldn't believe it when I heard "My Guitar Wants to Kill Yo Mama".<br>And of course I had no one to share it with...("Who the hell is Frank Zappa?") <br>(sad)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:45 am 
Banned

[quote author=DinahMoe link=board=albums;num=1039557937;start=45#51 date=09/08/03 at 13:40:08]Has something to do with this "Goth" looking chick and her cheerleading type sister.[/quote]<br>Just a guess, but "Daria"?

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:11 pm 

Never.....Here in TN. Zappa is never played by accident. Only on pupose by those who love and adore his music. These people are few and Far between sadly. :'(<br><br>But it really helps me at the used CD shop!!!!!!! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:00 pm 

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=albums;num=1039557937;start=45#52 date=09/08/03 at 13:45:25]<br>Just a guess, but "Daria"?[/quote]<br><br>"Daria"  That's what it was.  Nearly shit myself.  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:15 pm 

I was in an Albertson's in Omaha and listening to the muzak in the background....I was thinking damn, this sounds really familiar, what the hell is it......kept the melody in my head for about 2 hours, then I realized, it was Stolen Moments, from BTHW - I couldn't believe it. That's the wierdest, the best was driving to Denver from Omaha with nothing but a radio in the car and hearing Flakes on some station near Denver.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:39 am 

I was spending the weekend at my girlfriend's house, and we were listening to one of her country tapes. (Although it's not my favorite genre, I don't mind it once in a while.) When that tape was over, she put in the tape of "Apostrophe" I gave her a few weeks before without me having to say a word.  I think my jaw dropped about a foot. Needless to say, I think she's the one. ;D (She said she cracked up laughing the first time she heard "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow".)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:58 am 
Banned

[quote author=DinahMoe link=board=albums;num=1039557937;start=45#54 date=09/08/03 at 20:00:19]"Daria"  That's what it was.  Nearly shit myself.  [/quote]<br><br>[tt]The re-runs of "Daria" are on Noggin, a channel made by the same corporation as Nickelodeon/Nick At Nite and TV Land. It's basically the same story as Nick At Nite - it started out as a channel for young kids, but when they figured out that toddlers couldn't stay awake after 5 P.M., they played programming for Young Adults and Teenagers after 6 P.M. - where it's called "The N." It's a bunch of crap, really. Except for "Daria," there really isn't any programming I'm intrested in on that channel.[/tt]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:35 am 

[quote author=Fronkensteen link=board=albums;num=1039557937;start=45#56 date=09/09/03 at 04:39:15]When that tape was over, she put in the tape of "Apostrophe" I gave her a few weeks before without me having to say a word.  I think my jaw dropped about a foot. Needless to say, I think she's the one. ;D (She said she cracked up laughing the first time she heard "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow".)[/quote]<br><br>Hold yer horses!! Don't commit 'til she's heard The Jazz Discharge Party Hats. Then you'll definitely know she's the one!!<br> ;)<br>