Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:52 am 

Cool, where's it gonna be? I shall be making my mammy nun costume for the occasion. (lips like a duck).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:23 am 

Well, well, it gwen to be a moosical eztravaganzum!!!!<br><br>I heard that there were plans for such an actualization of this (Zappa's most cutting and vivid of social commentaries?) unrealized stage show.<br><br>It is a shame that we do not have more information on the history of the show.  How far or close was FZ ever in making this happen?  Was it always a sonic event that just depicts a night of staged entertainment?<br>Talk about Broadway the Hard Way...<br> <br>What kind of support, stage instruction, design info and other details have you received from the ZFT?<br><br>Is there any plan to have a live orchestra/band? Any interest from former Zappa collaborators?<br><br>Who is putting up the money?<br><br>BTW, There was a rumor years ago that Whoopi Goldberg was interested in producing a movie.<br><br><br><br>Good luck!<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:55 am 

Hey whatchamacallit!<br><br>I would definatly take the trip to London from Norway for this historic event!<br><br>Good luck with your great project  :)<br><br>Please register to vote for Frank Zappa on DVD!

Ding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:33 pm 

Ach! I am packed and ready to go. . . <br>Thanks for the update! <br>I just hope it's not a bunch of bulldull. . .<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:03 pm 

Ok, so when's the San Francisco show going to be?! :D<br><br>Also, it seems Ike and Napoleon are just involved in everything Zappa these days!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:17 pm 

Hi folks<br>our show will definitely be not "DreamGirls";-)<br><br>We are looking forward to reading any kind of feedback, ideas or interpretation to enrich our stage performance.<br>As whatchamacallit said: "Everybody has the right to like or dislike any FZ´s work" <br>WE DO LIKE THING-FISH.<br><br>Take care<br>your 2001 and 2003 Thing-Fish<br>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:33 am 

THING-FISH will be a great visual production!  You guys sound serious about this! <br><br>A THING-FISH question for all....You know the part of THE TORCHUM NEVER STOPS with the lyrics:<br><br>Somewhere over there I can tell<br>Is the voice of a potato-headed whatchamacallit<br>Who does not wish me well....<br><br><br>ANYWAY....Which version of this do all of us prefer? The original THING-FISH track, or the variation called THE EVIL PRINCE on YCDTOSA #4?  I think the YCDTOSA approach is great. But this same piece as presented during TORCHUM on THING-FISH is the only part of the album that I have trouble enjoying. Too slow? Not enough going on musically?

somehow...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:30 am 

When I got Thingfish first I was dissapointed, too. But I think you must understand the background for this album. It was supposed to provoke - and it did. There was this movement to ban music from public performances if it contained "certain" words thant would be bad for america's youth :-) Zensorship!<br><br>Frank brought out the provocing thingfish album - using mostly existing material with new and strong language to provoce. And yes, the movement jumped on Thingfish as a prove of their point. Frank was at congressional hearings then defending the right for free speach and the freedom for artists. Free speach never had a better advocate. <br><br>The rest is history. <br><br>I think the details are in the "real FZ book".<br><br>Besides reaching the goal to defend the free world, Thingfish has fun textes and great versions of great songs. I love the briefcase buggy and the brown moses always creates goosebumps for me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:16 pm 

Thing-Fish is the shizznit! Would love to see this in NY. Great to see someone's working on this. <br>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:07 pm 

Hello folks<br><br>It currently looks like we are going the right way in staging Thing-Fish. <br>Please mark JUNE 2003 in your calendar as you want to see the show in LONDON!<br><br>I would recommend to reserve tickets early from january 2003 on. We will post the details on here.<br><br>We do need money to make our dreams come true. SO please feel free to support us in every way possible.<br>cheers<br><br>TF