Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:02 am 

Well Mr. Thing-Fish...<br><br>It all looks really nice and i do hope that at least one or two of those releases will see the light of day during this millennium, ESPECIALLY the DVD re-releases of the video's.<br><br>For the time being the part of my life dedicated to FZ is filed under: ''EXPECT NOTHING, EVERYTHING ELSE IS A BONUS''<br><br>Somehow i become more and more sceptic and pessimistic about the whole Zappa Family Trust and their way of releasing and distributing their releases.<br><br>It's all mail-order (at least for non-americans) and i don't think that they make lot of money out of that.<br>I mean no matter how dedicated and loyal FZ-fans around the world are, somehow i get the idea that the amount of (or rather the lack of) FZ-fans still out there are sufficient enough to keep the ZFT mail-order in business...<br><br>What the ZFT need is a major record company that is willing to help them out financially and distribute and help sell their product and i don't think that will happen in the near-by future...<br><br>Sorry about this not so optomistic views towards FZ, his fans and the Zappa Family, but right now, that's the way i see it...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:18 am 

Heres my preditions, and i hope they come true<br><br>Dance Me This (now) <br>The Lost Episodes Vol. II (tomorrow) <br>Boston Music Hall, 1976 (the next day) <br>The Rage & the Fury: The Music of Edgar Varèse (by the end of the week) <br>We're Only In It For The Money/Lumpy Gravy [1984 Remixes] [DVD-A] (early next week) <br>The Petit Wazoo (in 10 days time) <br>Dweezil Zappa: What the Hell Was I Thinking? (a forthnight) <br>Diva Zappa's album (same day as dweezil) <br>THING-FISH [DVD-A] (asap) <br>DVD Re-release of "Video From Hell"(3weeks time) <br>DVD Re-release of "Baby Snakes" (next month) <br>"The Christmas Album" (5 months before christmas) <br>Mothermania CD (septemer Fool's Day, 2003) <br>Beat The Boots#2 (in time for my birthday) <br><br><br><br><br>NOTE: These are only predictions. These may not be released at the dates I specified. This thread is for entertainment purposes only.

Watercress-Errrr Micheal J Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:55 am 

Well if Gail intends to keep up her level of political funding and other financial interests (I get the impression that she's seen as a bit of a soft touch by some quarters) it seems to me that they better release something pretty soon. I can't imagine that the ZFT's wealth is a bottomless pit. And there must be so many marketable gems in that vault of theirs. I really hope that they get their act together and treat us to what we know they've got.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:44 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish2003 link=board=albums;num=1055897776;start=0#0 date=06/17/03 at 17:56:16]We all know Trance-Fusion is being released Fall 2003, but what else are we in store for?<br>Ahh, I see it all now ...<br><br><br>[center]Dance Me This (Christmas 2003)<br>The Lost Episodes Vol. II (Feb. 2004)<br>Boston Music Hall, 1976 (Summer 2004)<br>The Rage & the Fury: The Music of Edgar Varèse (Halloween 2004)<br>We're Only In It For The Money/Lumpy Gravy [1984 Remixes] [DVD-A] (Jan. 2005)<br>The Petit Wazoo (Summer 2005)<br>Dweezil Zappa: What the Hell Was I Thinking? (October 2005)<br>Diva Zappa's album (Jan. 2005)<br>THING-FISH [DVD-A] (Jan. 2005)<br>DVD Re-release of "Video From Hell"(Jan. 2005)<br>DVD Re-release of "Baby Snakes" (Summer 2005)<br>"The Christmas Album" (Christmas 2005)<br>Mothermania CD (April Fool's Day, 2006)<br>Beat The Boots#2 (Summer 2006)<br>[/center]<br>NOTE: These are only predictions. These may not be released at the dates I specified. This thread is for entertainment purposes only.[/quote]<br><br><br>WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:50 am 

What about a Roxy DVD? I've seen the trailer (available in this site about three years ago  ::)) and I think it would be class. I've fell in love with Roxy & Elsewhere  ;D. <br>I think that if there is a trailer, there must be a DVD ready and finished for its release, and it would be a essential item for all Zappafreaks, all of us (at least the ones who have a DVD player) would buy it. Why not release it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:16 am 

I am really glad stuff has been coming out, even if in a "anything new is a BONUS" basis...<br><br>The PROBLEM is, that for non-US fz Freaks (at least for those living in countris where we almost have to rub two sticks together in order the cd player to works) it is really difficult to ORDER stuff, and it becomes a lot more plaussible and flexible to efectivate a purchase if you have people (local dealers) who are not so socially retarded that can sell you the cds, even if with a minor increase maybe for the consumer or to the ZFT. The net results according to my simulations is a net result that is positive in the sells! For ex, I've never seen a EIHN, or a FZ:OZ, or a Halloween. But I was able to find Civilization Part III and Lost Epsiodes, etc...<br><br>So I really think that the hounorable ZFT should re-consider the distribution policy if they want to improve their sellings... <br><br>There is a lot of new generation kids discovering Zappa's universem trhough out the world.<br><br>ARF...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:35 am 

What makes you say the Boston '76 gig will be released? BTW, there's a bootleg of it (first show)<br><br>Image<br><br>We need a recording of this group with Bianca Odin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:12 am 

[quote author=CheepnisAroma link=board=albums;num=1055897776;start=0#11 date=10/18/03 at 09:35:50]What makes you say the Boston '76 gig will be released? BTW, there's a bootleg of it (first show)<br><br>Image<br><br>We need a recording of this group with Bianca Odin[/quote]<br><br>Yes, definitely, absolutely!!!<br>It is one of my favoured boots, too! The way she sings You Didnt try to call me as a soul number. Then the huge Black Napkins, and FZ singing Rudy Wants To Buy Yez a Drink!!! Funny and all. A vivid show!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:13 am 

Do you have this boot:<br>Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, 1976<br><br>You can hear Bianca Odin on this one. Very good concert. Unfortunately, I only have a few tracks of it Image<br>BTW, where is Troy? Michigan? Illinois? Iowa?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:22 pm 

I was reading the liner notes to FZ Plays the Music of FZ. About the first 'Black Napkins' (the Ljubljana 1975 tune), Dweezil writes:<br>"Perhaps one day a whole concert may be released."<br>So maybe... one day... Wishful thinking again Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:47 pm 

[quote author=dr_grogg link=board=albums;num=1055897776;start=0#5 date=06/18/03 at 10:44:20]<br><br><br>on Jun 17th, 2003, 5:56pm, Thing-Fish2003
Quote:
We all know Trance-Fusion is being released Fall 2003, but what else are we in store for?<br>Ahh, I see it all now ...<br><br><br>[center]Dance Me This (Christmas 2003)<br>The Lost Episodes Vol. II (Feb. 2004)<br>Boston Music Hall, 1976 (Summer 2004)<br>The Rage & the Fury: The Music of Edgar Varèse (Halloween 2004)<br>We're Only In It For The Money/Lumpy Gravy [1984 Remixes] [DVD-A] (Jan. 2005)The Petit Wazoo (Summer 2005)<br>Dweezil Zappa: What the Hell Was I Thinking? (October 2005)<br>Diva Zappa's album (Jan. 2005)<br>THING-FISH [DVD-A] (Jan. 2005)<br>DVD Re-release of "Video From Hell"(Jan. 2005)<br>DVD Re-release of "Baby Snakes" (Summer 2005) <br>"The Christmas Album" (Christmas 2005)<br>Mothermania CD (April Fool's Day, 2006)<br>Beat The Boots#2 (Summer 2006)<br>[/center]<br>NOTE: These are only predictions. These may not be released at the dates I specified. This thread is for entertainment purposes only.
<br><br><br>WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>[quote author=Thing-Fish2003, modifying the original post link=board=albums;num=1055897776;start=0#0 date=nov 17 at 9:36 pm]We all know Trance-Fusion is being released Fall 2003, but what else are we in store for?<br>Ahh, I see it all now ...<br><br><br>[center]Baby Snakes - CAME TRUE !!!<br>The Lost Episodes Vol. II (Feb. 2004)<br>Boston Music Hall, 1976 (Summer 2004)<br>The Rage & the Fury: The Music of Edgar Varèse (Halloween 2004)<br>We're Only In It For The Money/Lumpy Gravy [1984 Remixes] [DVD-A] (Jan. 2005)The Petit Wazoo (Summer 2005)<br>Dweezil Zappa: What the Hell Was I Thinking? (October 2005)<br>Diva Zappa's album (Jan. 2005)<br>THING-FISH [DVD-A] (Jan. 2005)<br>DVD Re-release of "Video From Hell"(Jan. 2005)<br>Shankar "Touch Me There" DVD-A (October 2005)<br>"The Christmas Album" (Christmas 2005)<br>Mothermania CD (April Fool's Day, 2006)<br>Beat The Boots#2 (Summer 2006)<br>[/center]<br>NOTE: These are only predictions. These may not be released at the dates I specified. This thread is for entertainment purposes only.[/quote]<br><br>[quote author=Chungas Habits then modified the post at 9:37 pm link=board=albums;num=1055897776;start=15#16 date=11/17/03 at 21:30:21]<br><br>Hey ... congratulations ... one of your predictions came true! Image[/quote]<br><br><br><br><br>[center][img width=45 height=45]http://www.zappa.com/cheezoid/whatsnew/news/images/thing-fish.jpg[/img] [font=arial black][sup] = [/sup][/font][img width=45 height=45]http://www.zappa.com/yabbFiles/YaBBImages/avatars/calanimation.gif[/img][/center]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:41 am 

Gail doesn't even want bands to play FZs music live....she better get with it and release some of this stuff.<br>I'M STARVIN' OVER HERE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:54 am 

[quote author=trendm0nger link=board=albums;num=1055897776;start=15#18 date=11/18/03 at 07:41:49]Gail doesn't even want bands to play FZs music live....she better get with it and release some of this stuff.<br>I'M STARVIN' OVER HERE!!!![/quote]<br><br>Oh :o<br><br>bad, well, then you might aswell check out some other artists while you wait out the albums :D<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>