Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:59 am 

OK, guys listening to the NEW FZ album, Ensemble Modern plays Frank Zappa.  Arrived by post this morning.<br>Nice package (digipak style) witha  comprehensive booklet attached to the inside front <br>Oh and the music??  Very much Son of Yellow Shark, as you'd expect 10 tracks for a total of 61 minutes<br>TITLES ARE AS FOLLOWS<br><br>Moggio, What will Rumi DO?, Night School, Revised Music for LB Orchestra, Beltway Bandits, Pig with Wings, Put a motor in yourself, Peaches en R, Naval Aviation and Greggary Peccary.<br><br>Overall verdict?  <br>Bloody Brilliant.  These guys are top musicians playing well.  If there is a legacy that they would have wanted to leave for Frank this is it.  The mixes are inventive  and different, whilst retaining Frank's original "feel"<br><br>Five Star  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>(Or should that be pumpkins??<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:06 am 

I've got it and I like pretty much...my favourite is Greggery Peccary...but...I listen a great difference with (for example) YELLOW SHARK in Mixage and Production...that confirms that FZ'sound-engeneering is something     S U P E R N A T U R A L !!!!   <br> <br> <br>ciao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:41 am 

Where'd ya get it?   Is it an IMPORT to US personages?<br><br>       I've never seen it!    Eeeek! :o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:34 am 

I got it from G &S Music in England, its been on order since last year and they send them out as soon as they get stock in.<br><br>Great service.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:46 pm 

[quote author=Big_Al_UK link=board=albums;num=1073915942;start=0#3 date=01/12/04 at 11:34:29]I got it from G &S Music in England, its been on order since last year and they send them out as soon as they get stock in.<br><br>Great service.<br><br>[/quote]<br>O.K!<br><br>   I just have to scrape-up the big bucks for this item.Our US$ suck as far as in trade for UK pounds..UGH!<br><br>     THANKS!<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:14 pm 

I've had it since December 3rd.  <br> <br>I got a bunch of them from www.amazon.de.  <br><br>They weren't very expensive.<br> <br>Moggio is fantastic. <br> <br>Big_Al_UK forgot to include Does This Kind Of Life Look Interesting To You? in his list of titles.