Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:05 pm 

hey everyone!<br>im a pretty big zappa fand a long time ago i bought an album which i loved, which i cant find anymore. the problem is i forgot the name and i cant find it on the discography area. <br><br>it was a double album (i think) and it was basically a "play" about horses and pigs who live in this giant piano...i know that sounds werid...but does anyone know the album im talking about? i loved it and would love to find it again....thanks alot!<br>karim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:36 pm 

might be lumpy gravyyou heard...<br><br>From Civilization Phaze III booklet <br>  In 1967, we spent about four months recording various projects (Uncle Meat, We're Only In It For The Money, Ruben and The Jets and Lumpy Gravy) at APOSTOLIC STUDIOS, 53 E. 10th ST NYC. One day I decided to stuff a pair of U-87's in the piano, cover it with heavy drape, put a sand bug on the sustain pedal and invite anybody in the vicinity to stick their head inside and remble incoherently about the various topics I would suggest to them via talk-back system.  <br>  This set-up remained in the place for several days. During that time, many hours of recording was made, most of it useless. Some people who took the challenge included Spider Barbour ( leader of the rock group _Crysalys_, which was also recording at Apostolic when we weren't booked in, All-Night John (the studio manager), Gilly Towney (sister of the guy who owned the studio), Monica (the receptionist), Roy Estrada and Motorhead Sherwood (members of the _Mothers Of Invention_), Louis Cuneo (a guy who used to come to our live shows at the Garrick Theater and laugh like a psychotic turkey), and a few others.  <br>  Some of this dialog -- after extensive editing -- found its way into the Lumpy Gravy album

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:21 pm 

You're definately thinking of Civilization Phaze III<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:14 am 

civ. phase 3. you will have to order it through barfko-swill though, its not avalible in retail stores

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:26 am 

thanks for the reply guys,,,<br>by the way what are your thoughts about this album?