Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: OZ the dedicated
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:37 am 

Heyyyy.<br><br>As one of the dedicated on the OZ album, I was wondering what reactions other "Dedicated" got from friends when they showed them their little name in print on an FZ album..<br><br>Mine go from "neat" and "You paid How much ???" (my wife)<br>to looks that say "this guy is off the deep end bad!"

Post subject: Re: OZ the dedicated
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:25 am 

I take the FZ:OZ CD with me wherever I go onna-couna it really impresses the babes. <br><br>I make sure I have a picture ID with me just in case they don't believe it's really my name listed there.<br><br>A couple chicks were so impressed they gave me a five dollar discount.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:23 pm 

So far, I've seen 4 people's names on this list that are members of the Forum, but there are only 3 people that I could point out if you showed me this list right now. (Sorry, LumpyGravy. :() 2 of them are really close together. I believe the most famous name I've seen on there is Andre Cholmondeley's.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:37 pm 

Awwww;<br>                    C'mon ZFT!<br><br>[center]Let's do it again[/center]<br><br>i for one missed th opportunity to have my name included upon th OZ CD<br> Whats me chances of another go?<br><br>Huh?,..c'mon Dance Me This  one time..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:31 am 

I just re-found ya, LG.  It looks like I'm gonna have to buy a copy and send it to all the people I know that are dedicated so they can autograph it. ;D  I'm still a bit amazed that 2 of my best Forum friends have names that are so close to each other's. (Your secret's out, Whitey. ;) ;D)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:31 am 

[quote author=white person link=board=albums;num=1074188233;start=0#11 date=03/12/04 at 11:42:42]I have few secrets, many secretions.<br>Nakkin, please, stat!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Pink or black? ;D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:57 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=albums;num=1074188233;start=0#14 date=03/12/04 at 13:31:12]Whoa: I just had a picture association moment. I feel woozy...[/quote]<br><br>You're get used to it, MTF. It's a way of life... ;D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:00 am 

My name's somewhere near the bottom of the second (I think) page, upper case letters--score! I noticed a guy's name a couple lines above mine, we went to some of Elementary, Junior High and High School together. (Hello, Dan Brogden, wherever you are!). I showed where my name was and the pink slip o' paper Gail signed to a friend who does'nt like Frank all that much---but she was really happy for me! We both did "The Happy Dance" together! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:43 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=albums;num=1074188233;start=15#19 date=03/15/04 at 06:18:41]<br><br>Cool! My pink slip was signed by Diva.  8)[/quote]<br><br><br>Mine was signed by Gail.<br>Also UPPER class letters for mine name....Hint Badchild in french.<br><br>Hey this could become an OUT Dedicated thread!<br>as each person gets outed we all do the stupid happy dance together!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:54 pm 

I'm on the list too, and I got the pink slip from Gail. I'm still waiting for something exclusive and worthwhile to order from Barfko to get my $2 discount for putting up with the pre-order fiasco. The last two releases (Halloween & Baby Snakes) were dirt cheap as pre-orders from CD Universe. <br><br> Speaking of FZ:OZ, there's a hilarious review at Mark Prindle's website. Those of you who know of this man will laugh your ass off, first time viewers might get angry. You can waste alot of time there. Here it is:<br>http://www.markprindle.com/zappa.htm#oz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:57 pm 

Yeesh, it took so long from the time I pre-ordered the cd it to the time I got it that I forgot all about checking for my name on the list.  I was talking to the infamous Jimmie D about the album and he pointed out that his name is #1 of the 2035 names listed. My initial reaction was, "how much did that cost ya?" Anyway, I looked and looked and looked and FINALLY, I saw my name. I almost felt important for a moment there. My non-Zappa listening friends could care less. The ones that do like FZ and don't appear on the list seem to  have a good excuse as to why they are not on there. Blah, blah, blah! You snoooze, you lose!<br><br>Recently, I decided to Google my name. I had two hits...one from my Realtor web site, the other one from being on The 2035 Dedicated Ones web page. Try it...if you name is on the list, your name will pop up on the search. Go to "Groups" at the Google site and type your name in there.<br><br>My pink slip was signed by Gail.<br><br> :-*