Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: FruZtrating article
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:30 am 

I don't think that's a frustrating article. Being a Zappa fan was much more frustrating a couple of years ago, when it seemed like nothing was going to happen. But now we have "FZ:OZ", "Halloween" and "Baby Snakes"... all in a pretty short time. Sure, the ZFT often use more time than they say they will, but I'm not too worried. I think that we'll see all of those releases before we know it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:06 am 

Yes, it can be frustrating. I can't wait to hear "Trance-Fusion", and I think that "The Rage and the Fury" may become a small revolution in terms of recording classical music and the recognition of Varése. <br>The reason why I choose to be less frustrated and more hopeful, is that in the latest interviews and articles, it seems like Gail Zappa is more highly motivated now. And although I know it's an old story with the ZFT hauling things out, I'll give Gail the benefit of the doubt when she says that these records will be released in the not-no-distant future.<br>I like to be able to sleep at night...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:01 pm 

[quote author=SenseOfDoubt link=board=albums;num=1081090349;start=0#5 date=04/05/04 at 11:01:08]the great thing is that baby snakes and the does humor... dvd are both cheap and outstanding good. i hope that even people, who do not know frank by now, get it and like it... more young people should get known of this man. <br><br>and the ensemble modern will (as i hope) still play his works and release albums.<br><br>i am hoping for dance me this these days, since i really love the synclavier pieces.[/quote]<br><br>One of the best thing about the low prices is that they make "DHBIM" and especially "Baby Snakes" the perfect present. <br>Some people will probably discover Zappa through those films, but I wouldn't expect them to have too great an effect. I read an article once that said something like: "It will probably be at least 1984 before the world realises what a genius Zappa is." Perhaps the world have realised what a genius Zappa is, but most people don't want to listen to it... His music makes the mind think (as Frank himself said), and most people can't stand anything that has that effect on the mind. But some young freaks might be lucky enough to stumble over "Baby Snakes" or "DHBIM" on DVD, just like I stumbled over the "Strictly Commercial" CD in 1996.<br><br>I'm also waiting for "Dance Me This"... Mongolian throat singing and synclavier music. It's going to be great. But I'm a little more excited about "Trance-Fusion" and "The Rage and the Fury".