Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:10 am 

Here it is, the final matchup. Rats Edged Meat by two votes, and Money slipped by OSFA by one vote.<br><br>FINALS<br><br><br>Hot Rats<br>    Vs.<br>We ARE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:37 am 

We're Only In It For The Money.<br>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:10 am 

[center]...Hot Rats...<br><br> 8)[/center]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:22 am 

[quote author=radley link=board=albums;num=1082301042;start=0#0 date=04/18/04 at 08:10:42]<br>WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY[/quote]<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:46 am 

HOT RATS.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:10 am 

.   .                         .$.                    .   .

l)
l

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:28 am 

[quote author=Martin Lickert link=board=albums;num=1082301042;start=0#8 date=04/18/04 at 11:10:42] .   .                         .$.                    .   .[/quote]<br><br>Which means the album called "We're only in it for the money"!<br><br> ;D<br> <br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:01 am 

God damn!     This forum's taste in albums is hideous!  how could we have gotten the solo tournment nailed so well and flubbed this one so terribly!?        ??? ???<br>Oh well, at least Hot Rats isn't going to all out win.  BTW, what happened to conselation round ?  <br><br>Though the amount of instrumental soloing is scant, I choose WOIFTM, becasue the songs are just so good, and the way they are edited together make this an absolute masterpiece.   Yes, this album I think is the best example of how well Zappa could piece together disperate little snippets of music!  Kudos!  I applaud!!!!<br><br>Seriously though, this round should have been Uncle Meat and One size.<br>REALLY seriously though, this round SHOULD have been Joe's Garage, and well, you randomly pick something else!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:45 am 

Hot Rats. One of the first jazz-rock albums. It had just as much influence over the jazz-rock fusion movement at the time as Miles Davis' Bitches Brew. In fact, both albums where being cut simultaneously on opposite coasts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:38 am 

[glow=red,2,300]JOE'S GAR....ehm,<br>H O T   R A T S[/glow]<br><br>CIAO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:38 pm 

Image<br>Ah jeez, wouldja look at the mess that made?<br>Image<br>That's what having convictions and strong beliefs will get ya, Chief.<br>Image<br>Yeah...well, it's good we're not burdened with any of that, Lou. <br>Hey, let's get out of here before Eddie sees us.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:40 pm 

<br>I'm a little pimp with my hair gassed back<br>Pair a khaki pants with my shoe shined black<br><br>Got a little lady . . . walk the street<br>Tellin' all the boys that she cain't be beat<br><br>Twenny dollah bill (I can set you straight)<br>Meet me onna corner boy 'n don't be late<br><br>Man in a suit with a bow-tie neck<br>Wanna buy a grunt with a third party check<br><br>Standin' onna porch of the Lido Hotel<br>Floozies in the lobby love the way I sell:<br>HOT MEAT<br>HOT RATS<br>HOT CATS<br>HOT RITZ<br>HOT ROOTS<br>HOT SOOTS<br><br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:44 pm 

I tried to find the biggest possible picture to illustrate just how much better I think this album is...<br><br>Image<br><br>How's that?  ;D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:28 pm 

Hot Rats-... er... am i in time?  ??? :P

Post subject: re: fav fz album v(n-1)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:02 pm 

green hocker/frunobulax/poofter's froth/chester's gorilla  divs <br><br><br>uncle meat -------------|<br>--------------------------| uncle meat--------[font=arial black][sub]|[/sub][/font]<br>waka jawaka------------|<br>_______________________________[sub][font=arial black]|[/font][/sub]uncle meat--------[sub]|[/sub]<br>burnt weeny s'wich------|<br>--------------------------| joe's g i, ii& iii------[sub]|[/sub]<br>joe's g i, ii& iii-----------|<br>______________________________________________[font=arial black]|[/font][sub][img width=50 height=50]http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/covers/008.gif[/img][/sub]---------[font=arial black]|[/font]<br>hot rats  ----------------[sub]|[/sub] <br>--------------------------| hot rats-------------[sub]|[/sub]<br>o/n sensation-----------| <br>______________________________[font=arial black][sub]|[/sub] [/font]hot rats--------------[font=arial black][sub]|[/sub][/font]<br>weasels-----------------|<br>--------------------------|freakout!----------[sub]|[/sub] <br>freakout!---------------| <br><br><br>_______________________________________[sub]|[/sub][sub]Image[/sub]<br><br>one size fits all ---------|<br>---------------------------|1 size fits all-----[sub]|[/sub]<br>apostrophe --------------| <br>______________________________[font=arial black][sub]|[/sub] [/font] 1 size fits all-------[sub]|[/sub]<br>su&pyg-------------------|<br>---------------------------| grand wazoo-----[sub]|[/sub]<br>grand wazoo-------------|<br>_____________________________________________[font=arial black] [sub]|[/sub][/font][sub][img width=50 height=50]http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/covers/020.gif[/img][/sub]-------[font=arial black]|[/font]<br><br>roxy----------------------| <br>---------------------------| roxy--------------[sub]|[/sub]<br>absolutely free----------| <br> ______________________________[font=arial black][sub]|[/sub][/font] w.o.i.i.f.the $$----[sub]|[/sub]<br>civ phaze iii--------------| <br>---------------------------| w.o.i.i.f.the$$----[sub]|[/sub]<br>w.o.i.i.f.the $$-----------|<br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:57 am 

never one to normally go against the grain  :P  i love hot rats also and it's a hard choice but Image just tips it.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page