Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:49 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=albums&num=1035041136&start=15#28 date=10/22/02 at 16:01:07]<br><br>Hey, "real" sexism, etc. is often extremely subtle, or in FZ's case, disguised as humor or social commentary or parody, or whatever. I certainly never meant to say "hate" in the same way that word would apply to overt, dangerous types of bigots or organizations. If one accepts the premise that both subtle and more obvious forms of sexism, homophobia, racism and the like are common in the U.S. and the world, then why would anyone be surprised that Frank had some of these traits too? <br>[/quote]<br><br>Phew!  I'm so relieved to know that extreme subtlety now qualifies as real sexism and the like.  Now I can take comfort in the fact that when I take a dump (which I'm sure is  subtle enough) I now qualify as a bigot (like everyone else in the US and the world where this stuff exists in all forms)!<br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:07 pm 

Usually when I'm listening to Dumb All Over I kinda tune out when he refers to the bible as a book of "foolish rules of ancient date", while I kinda agree with some of the rules (thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, etc.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:12 am 

A few years back, a female friend of mine was caught by her boyfriend in bed with his roomate. Naturally, the incident caused her to get into a fight with her boyfriend and later she came to my house crying for sympathy. I found the situation to be amusing.<br><br>In an effort to be supportive, I played "Broken Hearts are for Assholes" on the stereo and she did not think it was even remotely funny.<br><br>Some people have no fucking sense of humor.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:32 am 

<br>[quote author=AnotherSteve link=board=albums&num=1035041136&start=30#42 date=10/23/02 at 12:12:59]<br>A few years back, a female friend of mine was caught by her boyfriend in bed with his roomate. Naturally, the incident caused her to get into a fight with her boyfriend and later she came to my house crying for sympathy. I found the situation to be amusing.<br><br>In an effort to be supportive, I played "Broken Hearts are for Assholes" on the stereo and she did not think it was even remotely funny.<br><br>Some people have no fucking sense of humor.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Based on your report, your choice of song couldn't have been more appropriate good sir.<br><br>"Ladies you can be an asshole too..."  :-X

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:06 pm 

although most people consider FZ pretty offensive, he wasn't anything like some new artists that are being offensive and violent for attention (maybe that's a sort of bias comment :-X). FZ was just a genius doing his genius stuff. Some people can't appreciate that and don't want to accept it.<br><br>Anyway, I think "Jewish Princess" and "Catholic Girls" are the two most "offensive" songs. Mainly, because they are focusing on two minorities which may  be offensive to some people.

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enfroced

my msn messanger email is elemeno_peep@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:56 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=albums&num=1035041136&start=30#36 date=10/22/02 at 22:12:13]<br><br>Hi Swanky. Well, I don't know about your bathroom habits, but either you just don't get it or I've hit a nerve. Look around the world. See any racism? See any sexism? If not, I'd like to smoke whatever you're smoking!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Dude, I've said nothing personal about you, but like a little baby, you now have turned this into a personal insult bitch board.  F-in' WHA!  Looks like I'm the one who hit your nerve.  :) So, now run along to your little grudge match with Mattie.  Go - go ahead sweetie.  Buh-bye!   :-*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:26 am 

Yeah, "this thread is ugly and it wants to die". I feel kinda stupid for starting it in the first place...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:33 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=albums&num=1035041136&start=45#46 date=10/24/02 at 09:12:45]<br><br><br>Hey, sorry. The bathroom habits bit was just a joke. I guess you did weigh in right at the end of my little spat with Mattie, so I was sort of super tuned-in to this issue then, and perhaps responded a little harshly. Maybe you did hit a nerve. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Okay, okay, apology accepted.  My response was childish as well, and for that I am sorry.   While I haven't expressed as much of my opinions on this board as you, I think if you did know more about me, you would  know we share many of the same ideals.  Anyway, later!  :)<br>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:39 pm 

Dragonmaster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next