Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:53 am 

Funny, even without having Lyrics, FZ's comments in the begining of the FZ PLAYS FZ Black Napkins, are quite shocking for me... Is he talking about Miss Pinky???

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:37 pm 

[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=albums;num=1035041136;start=75#76 date=10/28/02 at 13:03:33]<br>You've done a piss-poor job by corellating opinion (editorializing) and fact (reporting). I didn't think anyone here would be unaware of the need to distinguish between the two.<br>(...)<br>Or is this concept beyond your grasp, jimmie?[/quote]<br>I miss him.<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:42 pm 

Talk about offensive. they had a clip from blazing saddles on telly tonight. The bit where he says, ' Where the white women at?'. Absolutely Pissin Me Sen(APMS yorkshirism)<br><br>Maybe someone has already said this but the humor of people like brooks and zappa often goes down quite well in communities likes the black and gay as they mention cultural references that are represent vital aspects of their conciousness yet are totally invisible in the media. Remember, 'Bobby Brown' was a massive hit in gay clubs<br><br>True!<br> 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:03 am 

Im not really offended by any FZ song, although of course I can see potential to offend......As noted by Ben Watson in The Negative Dialectics Of Poodle Play, he states that Jumbo Go Away is the song that upsets him the most, due to denny Walley hitting Jumbo.........I heard this last week, I know what he means, but cmon, with all the comedy voices therein, its not meant to be taken literally, as are most of FZs songs. I belive FZ answers his query in TNDOPP, havent re read it for a while though....