Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:12 am 

My question is simple: WHERE and HOW can i get FZ bootlegs????<br><br>I have a lot of those ''Beat The Boots'' albums, and listen to them all the time. This is because i never saw Frank perform live, unfortunately.<br>I am only 19 years old, you see, and the only change for me to get an idea of how a Zappa concert was, is by listening to bootlegs, since neither Frank OR Gail never released a full concert, although YCDTOSA Vol.2 claimed to be one.<br>But this is actually  a compilation of 2 performances from 2 nights....<br>So where can i find REAL bootlegs, if there are any left out there in the world.<br>All help is appreciated, thank you very much already....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:24 pm 

http://www.tapetradernetwork.com/<br><br>I started out collecting here a few years back...<br><br><br> ;D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:45 am 

Shoot me an e-mail and i will be willing to share/trade what i have with what you have......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:01 am 

Dear Friend,<br>Yes, trading is the best. On that way you can concen-trade   ;) on the music and do not supply crappy business. I own a few "originals", because here in cologne/germany we have a real hardcore fanatic, who is in touch with many traders and even the ZFT. He sells all stuff related to FZ. Some of the shows have been worked on, so they sond okay. some of them still are crap. But if you have a store like this you can listen to it prior buing. <br>If you trade you have nothting to lose. Traders say: no money, give me Edinboro 1974 and you get Poughkeepsie 1988, for instance. I have about 40 boots, 20 of them are really good. If I find a guy who needs any of my shows and acn offer me ones I haven`t yet, there we go...<br><br>But: best for all would be the releases from the Vault!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:09 am 

I don't have any contacts with high level Zappa traders and almost no rare live music to trade, but I get most of my FZ concerts from peer to peer programs like WinMX. There is some amazing stuff available there, although it does take some effort to download it. I only download unreleased material, of course. Most of the out of print Honker home videos are available as well. Big thanks to the people who make this music available to the masses, never thought I'd hear stuff like the MOI singing in Dutch. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:10 am 

Oops.. double post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:15 am 
Banned

If you don't mind viruses, adware, spyware, various small bugging devices, a possible dose of The Clap, and your eventual arrest and/or lawsuit issued by the Record Association of America, you could try Kazaa.<br><br>Or you could just leech of Barry's Friday Boots just to fuck with his bandwith. That always works.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:37 am 

yer best bet is getting into the FZ newsgroups.<br>You can meet people that are willing to trade cassettes and vhs tapes also.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:53 am 

I have Three unreleased recordings of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young fighting in the dressing-room of the Fillmore East!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:53 am 

I have Three unreleased recordings of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young fighting in the dressing-room of the Fillmore East!