Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA 5 Disc 1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:13 am 

I like both discs, but I agree, Disc 1 is incredible. You cant help but think FZ couldve dug out another discs worth of early Mothers to fit alongside it, and release the 82 band material in another format......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:21 pm 

I had read by some reviewer on Amazon.com that he wanted to release the two together to show just how amazing the musicians in volume 2 were compared to volume 1. Didn't sound right to me. Is there any truth to this?<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:45 pm 

[quote author=calvin2hikers link=board=albums;num=1091788094;start=0#7 date=08/09/04 at 20:21:46]I had read by some reviewer on Amazon.com that he wanted to release the two together to show just how amazing the musicians in volume 2 were compared to volume 1. Didn't sound right to me. Is there any truth to this?<br><br>[/quote]<br>I wouldnt doubt it Cal. I only have YCDTOSA #4, but in the "General Information" section he say's:<br>
Quote:
...however, some early selections by the original Mothers Of Invention, though not exactly "hi-fi", have been included for the amusement of those fetishist who still believe that the only "good" material was performed by that particular group. (Comparison to the performances of some of the later ensembles should finaly put an end to that qaint fantasy.)
<br>[hr]<br>Damn it Lumpy, beat me to it!