Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:31 am 
Banned

[quote author=Fredo En Regalia link=board=albums;num=1091460462;start=0#0 date=08/02/04 at 08:27:42]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/umrk/ For the whole month of August you can HEAR JOE'S CORSAGE FOR FREE![/quote]<br><br>That's it ...<br>Image<br>You just made my list!

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:20 am 

Instead of telling us where to hear it, why not TELL US WHAT YOU HEARD? The thread is called I HEARD JOE'S CORSAGE. How about a review instead of a link?

somehow...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:57 am 

[quote author=Approximate link=board=albums;num=1091460462;start=30#31 date=08/08/04 at 13:20:38]Instead of telling us where to hear it, why not TELL US WHAT YOU HEARD? The thread is called I HEARD JOE'S CORSAGE. How about a review instead of a link?[/quote]I like the version of "Ain't got no heart" better than the Freak Out version. Very cool.<br>Other than that, the CD doesn't really grab me. If I bought it, it would go right to my "I own it for the sake of the collection but I never listen to it" section. <br><br>[sub](previous long-winded yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah mercifully removed.)[/sub]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:57 am 

[quote author=Fredo En Regalia link=board=albums;num=1091460462;start=30#34 date=08/08/04 at 21:46:53]<br>so ya used my link?[/quote]<br>Yep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:34 pm 

Today I listened to the first 5 cuts of FZ: OZ for FREE!!<br><br>Image<br><br>Ya know what?....I hadn't planned on buying it, but after getting to hear it, I found that I like it a lot and I am going to buy it. That site just made a sale. Who could imagine?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:47 pm 

I finally received the Joe's Corsage and man oh man..IT IS A GREAT ONE!!!  :P<br>The songs are all great performances of wellknown songs but the one song that strikes me most is the 1 minute long wedding dress song! It allready in 1964/65 has all the ingredients of what Zappa is all about: the wit, the rhythm, the guitarsound! AMAZING!!! What a treasure!<br><br>THANKS JOE! Keep them coming! ;D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:17 am 

[quote author=Dysentery Green link=board=albums;num=1091460462;start=30#38 date=08/21/04 at 05:09:18]Every single thread (well almost) I open up and read on this forum ends up with people insulting each other like maniacs... *sigh*<br><br>And I was under the impression that I'd found a nice FZ forum were people could meet and discuss various FZ related topics... How could I be such a fool?<br><br>I'm leaving. This is pointless.[/quote]<br>get involved more in discussions, simply ignore the comments you don't agree with, there's lots of things that come up on this site that aren't my preference and i know i'll post things that other people don't like, that's just the way it is...you can either choose to let things get under your skin or simply disregard them as nonsense, you don't have to take it personally...people can call me all the names they like (this isn't an open invite by the way  ;D) and while they may slightly irk me, i wouldn't let it get on top of me so much that i'd let it ruin my enjoyment of the forum...granted you need a thick skin sometimes on here, but in life a thick skin is better than being some lily livered radical who just wants the whole world to be nice....if the whole world was ncie it would be shit, LG deserved the comments that were directed at him after his departure as in my opinion he's a valued member of this site...you on the other hand can FUCK OFF!

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:44 am 

[quote author=Dysentery Green link=board=albums;num=1091460462;start=30#40 date=08/21/04 at 05:24:24]Of course people don't have to agree on everything, and of course a thick skin sometimes is needed, but I'm not a newbie on internet forums - trust me, I've been around for a bit on various message boards and what have you - but it's the pointless and futile name-calling and insulting that I found so fucking tiresome.<br><br>And yes - I know I don't mean sh*t to anyone here. You don't have to tell me that.<br><br>OK, I will fuck off now. [/quote]<br>it's a counsellor you need to help you out with your insecurity, do you think anybody here really means shit to anyone else when it all boils down to it....except for a few people who know each other in real life most of us are just icons, with a few pictures perhaps and a screen name, sure you can have  friendships but when it all boils down to it...if there's an electricity blackout then the friendship stops and we go back to our real life...that's the issue, you can't log on and log off from real life like you do on here...that's why this isn't real life and perhaps why some people don't behave the way they would in ordinary life, if you wanted to go then you could have just went...but instead you waited until a valued forum member made his exit and you thought you'd get some second hand glory on the back of his departure.  go if you like and stay if you like because this is a free forum and in places where freedom is valued you have to be tolerant of other people's freedoms, it's not just freedom for some people it's freedom for all, that includes everyone, no matter their religion, sexuality, colour of their skin, lifestyle anything at all, you have to respect their freedoms because they respect yours.....taking away the freedoms you don't agree with is not freedom at all, so if you can't handle people who are different from yourself in anyway and that includes their choice of language to use then that's your problem, you've not been here long at all 34 posts i've seen, i don't know how long you viewed the site before you joined but you must have had a rough idea what it was like but just popping in, so why did you join in the first place if this isn't the sort of place you hang out....you actually have some valid points but you just nullified them with that melodramatic ending...trying to play the guilt card won't work....especially when the person playing it has 34 posts<br>

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:03 am 

[quote author=Dysentery Green link=board=albums;num=1091460462;start=30#43 date=08/21/04 at 05:56:44]<br><br>I'm sorry, but this one you have to explain. Who?<br><br><br>*Thanks for your concern, but I don't need a counsellor. I'm alright, I promise.<br><br>*I respect people from all walks of life, I really do.<br><br>*Melodramatic? That's too bad it came across that way, I was only trying to answer your post. I guess I'm not used to being told to fuck off. But that's OK.<br><br>I'm glad people are responding to my initial post. <br><br>If I come across somewhat naïve, so be it. I just think it's sad when people behave badly toward one another. Maybe in a perfect world... I don't know... <br><br><br><br>[/quote]<br>i was referring to Lumpy Gravy as i am sure you are fully aware......ok we all want you to stay, i'm sorry if i upset you...please stay, we'll all watch our ps and qs if we're in a discussion with you and make sure we don;t say anything that's likely to result in anothe rdramatic exit which is acutally turning into an epic...a cynical mind would deduce from this episode that rather than wanting to leave, you wanted to stay and what better way to get inlvolved in things than to say you're leaving...which will result in lots of people messaging you and discussing this with you, thus no longer will you feel devalued on the forum and you can work your way back in using your dramatic exit as a point of discussion...before you know it the discussion is a week old and no one notices that you're still here...so please save us all the drama and please stay....i'm begging you

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:45 am 

[quote author=Dysentery Green link=board=albums;num=1091460462;start=45#47 date=08/21/04 at 06:19:32]<br><br>Amen to that!  :)<br>[/quote]<br>so you've decided to stay....good i'm genuinely pleased  ;)

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:06 am 

[quote author=Dysentery Green link=board=albums;num=1091460462;start=45#49 date=08/21/04 at 06:50:50]<br><br>Yeah I know... I'm getting all emotional here.  ;D[/quote]<br>c'mon give me a big kiss then  :-*  ;)

Shitface
Shitface Music Page