Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:30 pm 

It's over a month old now and FZ OZ is really starting to gel and take it's place in the upper 50% of Zappa albums. Disc 2 doesn't have a weak track. Chunga's Revenge is tremenjus.<br>The disc flows nicely. I like the segue between Rolls and Finer.<br>Disc 1 has some weak moments, the most boring 'Torture' ever released, Stinkfoot/Poodle = dull. But tracks 4 thru 11<br>are very solid and make up for it. Enema and Advanced are great versions and it's wonderful to hear the Freak-Out medley sung by Napolean M. Brock. All in all I'm very happy with it. 23 great tracks out of 28, including the suprise Ship Ahoy.

l)
l

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:43 pm 

This is bizarre ...... Muffin Man, on my copy of OZ, skips right through the song. The whole song is over in 30 seconds!! It does it in all 3 cd players that I use. I know I must have heard it at least twice in full!<br><br>Maybe I'll ask ZFT for a replaceme......LOL ......LOL........<br><br>Better yet, can someone here e-mail me the track?<br>I'll burn it on to a compilation cd.<br><br>Thanks in advance  -   NICK22ZAP@AOL.COM<br><br>

l)
l

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:16 pm 

[quote author=Roger_Daltrys_Cape link=board=albums;num=1035959430;start=0#4 date=11/10/02 at 18:43:27]This is bizarre ...... Muffin Man, on my copy of OZ, skips right through the song. The whole song is over in 30 seconds!! It does it in all 3 cd players that I use. I know I must have heard it at least twice in full!<br><br>Maybe I'll ask ZFT for a replaceme......LOL ......LOL........<br><br>Better yet, can someone here e-mail me the track?<br>I'll burn it on to a compilation cd.<br><br>Thanks in advance  -   NICK22ZAP@AOL.COM<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>When I get time I'll do it . . . so tomorrow, basically.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:28 pm 

[quote author=Question link=board=albums;num=1035959430;start=0#5 date=11/11/02 at 01:16:47]<br><br>When I get time I'll do it . . . so tomorrow, basically.[/quote]<br>[move]thanks  -------------  thank you -----------      thanks again--------------------- [/move]

l)
l

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:05 pm 

In "Wind Up Workin' In A Gas Station" it sounds to me as though Zappa enters the second verse (the "better make a decision" section) in the wrong key.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:39 am 

[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=albums;num=1035959430;start=0#2 date=10/29/02 at 22:42:47]OZ rocks hard man! Bozzio and Estrada? Who knew how great that would be?<br><br>(Well, I did! I saw this band live!)[/quote]<br><br>Hey Mattie, is that you or do we have another Doppelganger on our hands ???<br><br>If it is you....welcome back<br>It's not easy to go cold turkey with such a habit like this forum...<br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:02 am 

I like it much.<br>But still, as I posted elsewhere, I feel it is too thin somehow. I would prefer one more backing voice and a second guitarist, which both was both the case in fall of 1976. NTL, good to have a document of this very set up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:24 am 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=albums;num=1035959430;start=0#9 date=11/13/02 at 15:16:08]I love Napoleon MB's contributions - he beats Ray White in the 'Illinois Enema Bandit' for me. FZ's guitar sounds mean, great guitar solo's and the Bozzio/Estrada rhythm section is groovy! I think Andre Lewis' contributions fall too much into the background. Anyway, a great concert.   [/quote]<br>OZ rules. My favourite version of The Illinois Enema Bandit is still the ZINY version. I prefer Ray Whites vocals....