Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:26 pm 

Hard to pick only one, but I really like 'RDNZL', especially the arrangement on 'The Lost Episodes'. Other favorites include:<br><br>- Dupree's Paradise<br>- A Pound For A Brown / Legend of the Golden Arches<br>- Echidna's Arf / Don't You Ever Wash That Thing<br>- Toads of the Short Forest<br>- Big Swifty<br>- Waka / Jawaka <br>- Blessed Relief<br>- Little Umbrellas<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:58 pm 

I'm looking down at Zappa Radio and 'Holiday In Berlin, Full-Blown' is playing..I like that one a lot.And that reminds me of 'The Little House I used To Live In'.<br><br>I like any of the 'Peaches' and/or 'Sofas'...And 'Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance', from, You Can't 6...and for some reason I just love  'Thriteen' from that same CD.<br><br>But I still pick, 'The Gumbo Variations'...<br><br>Not nessacelery as the best,just one of my many favorites..  ':-*'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:01 pm 

"filthy habits" or "they are out to get you"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:19 am 

Wow...<br>hard one here...<br><br>My Top 11<br>The Ocean is the Ultimate Solution<br>Black Napkins<br>Chunga's Revenge<br>RDNZL<br>Son of mr. Fucking Green Genes<br>The Grand Wazoo<br>Big Swifty<br>Friendly Little Finger<br>Rat Tomago<br>Duke Of Orchestral Prunes<br>The Purple Lagoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:31 am 

G-SPOT TORNADO (Yellow Shark Version)<br>Second on my list would be Strictly Genteel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:42 am 

I LIKE HOLIDAY IN BERLIM FULL BLOWN VERY MUCH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:59 pm 

Watermelon in Easter Hay. It has all the genius of Frank, plus emotion. And it's not 4/4. The original version is the best one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:19 pm 

I'd have to agree with everyones picks - they're all just so good!<br><br>Me likey RDNZL (YCDTOSA vol 5 is my fav ver) and me also likey Outside Now Again from The Perfect Stranger.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:24 am 

G-Spot tornado on the Y.Shark is just about my favourite piece of music ever it's too short that is my only criticism but it could be any length and still be to short for me.  I love it.<br><br>Other Favourites;<br>Filthy Habbits<br>Low Budget (Revised)<br>Regyptian Strut<br>Orchestral Prunes<br>etc, etc, etc.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:39 am 

My favorite FZ instrumental tunes are:(not in order)<br>Waka/Jawaka<br>Eat That Question (Absolutely Fantastic)<br>Peaches En Regalia<br>Twenty Small Cigars<br>Chunga´s Revenge<br>Holiday In Berlim Full Blown<br>King Kong<br>The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue<br>The Orange County Lumber Truck<br>Don't you ever Wash That Thing<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:12 pm 

The black page from the ´88 band. (Opinion about my favorite this ´n ´that varies  almost daily though).<br><br>Seems like it changes every minute...just thought about watermelon in easter hay (the original one)...There´s no definitive answer to this question from this guy. See you later.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:30 pm 

Zoot Allures <br>Sofa No.1<br>Blessed Relief<br>Apostrophe<br>Watermelon in easter Hay<br>to name a few.... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:47 am 

Little House I Used to Live In<br>Nine Types of Industrial Pollution<br>Zoot Allures<br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:49 pm 

waka/jawaka<br>peaches en regalia<br>orange county lumber jack song<br>king kong<br>transylvania boogie

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enfroced

my msn messanger email is elemeno_peep@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:11 pm 

It's impossible to make a definitive choice. In this moment my favorites are Little Umbrellas, Sheik Yerbouti Tango and Watermelon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:49 pm 

Definately the above mentioned "Sacred Trilogy" Zoot, Napkins, Watermelon<br>Personal favorites include NY version of "Crusin' 4 Burgers"<br>"Blessed Relief"<br>"G-Spot Tornado"<br>"Lets Make the Water Turn Black-Harry-Orange County"<br>and of course "Peaches"<br>There are just to many to mention though<br>