Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Quaudiophiliac ?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:45 am 

Hi folks,<br><br>does anybody have an idea what's on this new DVD-A? Pre-orders already possible... ::)<br><br>

Post subject: Re: Quaudiophiliac ?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:58 am 

[quote author=zliq link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=0#0 date=08/25/04 at 06:45:03]Hi folks,<br><br>does anybody have an idea what's on this new DVD-A? Pre-orders already possible... ::)<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Well... no track list yet. I have emailed some prick at navaree.com(DTS's distributor) 4 fucking times in the last 2 weeks and still no response. So until ZFT or cduniverse or amazon update, I guess we'll have to wait as usual.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:51 am 

Yepp, think so.<br>It is always fucking hard to wait for such addicted ones lke us, huh? ;D<br><br>take care,<br>Z.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:58 am 

[quote author=zliq link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=0#2 date=08/25/04 at 07:51:47]Yepp, think so.<br>It is always fucking hard to wait for such addicted ones lke us, huh? ;D<br><br>take care,<br>Z.[/quote]<br><br>Yeah. It totally sucks waiting. Especially if the thing just turns out to be a major let down.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:47 am 

Just got this tracklisting from AFFZ.  It was sent to the poster by his wholesaler....<br><br>FRANK ZAPPA<br>><br>> QUAUDIOPHILIAC<br>><br>> FORMAT : DVD AUDIO<br>><br>> CAT.NO. : DTS 1125<br>><br>> BARCODE: 0692860112599<br>><br>> LABEL: DTS ENTERTAINMENT<br>><br>> Release date: 27.09.2004<br>><br>> Frank Zappa famously remixed much of his early 1970's material<br>> Quadrophonically, with the<br>><br>> usual breathtaking sonic quality that he became world-famous for.<br>> QuAUDIOPHILIAc is the Holy<br>><br>> Grail from these sessions for Zappa fans and completists around the<br>> world, presenting previously<br>><br>> unreleased tracks alongside re-mixed and re-edited material from the<br>> huge FZ back-catalogue,<br>><br>> from Lumpy Gravy and Chunga's Revenge to Sheik Yerbouti, Joe's Garage<br>> and Shut Up 'N' Play<br>><br>> Yer Guitar - all in spectacular Quadrophonic Surround!<br>><br>> Tracklisting:<br><br>Naval Aviation in Art?; Lumpy Gravy; Rollo; Drooling Midrange Accountants on Easter Hay; Wild Love; Ship Ahoy; Chunga Basement; Venusion Time Bandits;<br>Waka/Jawaka; Basement Music #2<br><br>So, what's that, 3 unreleased tracks? 2 different versions ('Chunga...', '...Easter Hay')<br><br>Well, I'm gonna get it anyway!   ;)<br><br>Genie<br>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:18 am 

at least its rollo, ive been wanting to hear this in good quality for years, the orchestral favorites concerts version would be a great release too but im not gonna get picky

Post subject: Turdiophiliac ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:32 pm 

[quote author=GenieNitro link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=0#5 date=08/26/04 at 10:47:30]Just got this tracklisting from AFFZ.  It was sent to the poster by his wholesaler....<br><br>FRANK ZAPPA<br>><br>> QUAUDIOPHILIAC<br>><br>> FORMAT : DVD AUDIO<br>><br>> CAT.NO. : DTS 1125<br>><br>> BARCODE: 0692860112599<br>><br>> LABEL: DTS ENTERTAINMENT<br>><br>> Release date: 27.09.2004<br>><br>> Frank Zappa famously remixed much of his early 1970's material<br>> Quadrophonically, with the<br>><br>> usual breathtaking sonic quality that he became world-famous for.<br>> QuAUDIOPHILIAc is the Holy<br>><br>> Grail from these sessions for Zappa fans and completists around the<br>> world, presenting previously<br>><br>> unreleased tracks alongside re-mixed and re-edited material from the<br>> huge FZ back-catalogue,<br>><br>> from Lumpy Gravy and Chunga's Revenge to Sheik Yerbouti, Joe's Garage<br>> and Shut Up 'N' Play<br>><br>> Yer Guitar - all in spectacular Quadrophonic Surround!<br>><br>> Tracklisting:<br><br>Naval Aviation in Art?; Lumpy Gravy; Rollo; Drooling Midrange Accountants on Easter Hay; Wild Love; Ship Ahoy; Chunga Basement; Venusion Time Bandits;<br>Waka/Jawaka; Basement Music #2<br><br>So, what's that, 3 unreleased tracks? 2 different versions ('Chunga...', '...Easter Hay')<br><br>Well, I'm gonna get it anyway!   ;)<br><br>Genie<br>[/quote]<br><br>[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=albums;num=1090079815;start=30#33 date=08/18/04 at 05:04:20]<br>There's probably gonna be ONE lousy Petite Wazoo track included on the 09/14 piece of shit DVD-A compilation/sampler! Another fucking tease.[/quote]<br><br>I was right... one fucking Petite Wazoo track, Rollo!<br><br>Just what I thought. A Fucking SAMPLER of shit!!  ::)<br><br>And look at the date... now the release is pushed back 2 weeks too!  ::)<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:52 pm 

Tracklist looks very good. Which track is the '77 live "Conehead" instrumental that GZ hinted at? Now that the cat's out of the bag, the ZFT could give us a little more track info, but noooo...<br><br> Another thing: Why isn't it available yet for pre-order at Barfko? I really want to give them my business, but they don't make it worth your while. It will probably be $20+ $5 UPS shipping(5-7 day wait) minus the $4 discount(if applicable). If they ship in October, the discount is probably void.<br><br>If I use CD Universe: $17 + $3 shipping, and it's in my mailbox 2 days later.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:41 pm 

Actually, I think "Conehead" is planned for release on the next "Joe's Corsage."  Anyway, this sounds interesting.  The tracklist is fantastic (even if a lot of it is just remixed, it will be cool to hear these songs in improved audio).  I may be forced to go out and get surround sound capability.  

Post subject: re: wazoo-i-o-pfiliac ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:21 pm 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=0#7 date=08/26/04 at 16:32:44]...I was right... one fucking Petite Wazoo track, Rollo!...[/quote]<br>fat lady hasn't sung bro...i count 4 potential petite wazoo tracks:<br><br>waka<br>chunga<br>rollo<br>lumpy gravy<br><br>waka/jawaka is the most likely petite wazoo track, never shows up by any other band on fzshows...this is a killer performance to say the least, halloween in jersey<br><br>rollo was performed in 75/76 & also the 78/79 tours; chunga was flogged by 14 or 15 different bands<br><br>who knows what went down on the uncirculated petite wazoo shows.... maybe even a bit of lumpy gravy on the side ¿

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:46 pm 

I'm not sure they are going to put one of the most valuable gems in the whole vault (the only known live performance of Waka) in this sort of a sampler... I'd keep it for the Wazoo release, so my vote for the Wazoo surprise goes to Rollo.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:42 am 
Banned

[center]Sounds like a great preview of things to come.<br>I can't wait for this and other new dvd audio discs the zft has in the works.<br>8)[/center]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:06 am 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=0#12 date=08/27/04 at 09:42:00][center]Sounds like a great preview of things to come.<br>[/center][/quote]<br><br>We're sick of "previews"... we want complete/cohesive releases.<br>Not another mis-matched compilation.  ::)<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:20 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=15#15 date=08/27/04 at 12:00:54]<br><br>I think Gail should do this:<br>Re-release everything on vinyl.[/quote]<br><br>Uh... that would be POINTLESS!! Even tho the mixes were not the originals in most cases...... They already did that 20 years ago with these: <br> <br>Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:41 am 

I gotta tell ya, I would rather have new releases on good old Cd than DVDA........

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:47 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=15#17 date=08/27/04 at 12:26:53]<br><br>Yeah, I know, I was just kidding...  ;)  It was a joke.  ;D <br>But, I agree, it wasn't that funny, really...<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea to reissue all the albums in the original mixes like the AU20 CDs. Those CDs are fucking great!!<br>On regular CD too, not this fucking DVD-A crap.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:52 am 

[quote author=Zardoz link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=15#20 date=08/27/04 at 14:12:14]<br><br>The only DVD I have is on my computer DVD-rom. Now to be able to play these means puchasing a new system for me. Then there is the matter of you can't take it anywhere, like in your car. Why not put it out in two formats for those of us who don't want change, yet?  8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Actually bro, if you have a DVD-Rom in your PC you can rip the DVD-A to wav or MP3 and then re-burn it for playing anywhere! <br><br>This friendly little tip is brought to you by your buddy jaypfunk!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:07 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=15#22 date=08/27/04 at 14:59:46]<br>I'm still trying to decide if I like the kinder, gentler jaypfunk...<br><br>I may actually prefer the "Fuck You Asswipe," balls-to-the-wall, "DON'T FUCK WITH JAYPFUNK" jaypfunk.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Shut it, DickFace!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Image