Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Quaudiophiliac ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:16 pm 

if i buy this and scan the reciet and everything, will someone help me get this on mp3 so i can have a cd of it, in addition to the dvd, since i rarely can use them. i really like the sound of the tracklist, so i'd like to do that. i purchased halloween and might like to do that with halloween too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:30 am 

[quote author=Gojira1975 link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=15#18 date=08/27/04 at 12:41:12]I gotta tell ya, I would rather have new releases on good old Cd than DVDA........[/quote]<br><br>I understand this position, especially if you don't have a DVD-A player or surround sound.  However, the point of this release is for fans hear some of FZ's 4 channel experiments.  I'm sure there are plenty of CD only projects coming our way as well. <br><br>I for one am jazzed about the new DVD-A.  I sucked it up right before Halloween was released and bought a DVD-A player(was less than $150) and updated my surround system a bit.  Halloween is damn cool to listen to sitting in the 'sweet spot.'  Therefore, I support any and all FZ DVD-A releases.  Frank obviously spent time wanting to hear his music in a format not limited to 2 channel stereo, so I'm very interested in hearing those experiments.  <br><br>T<br>

Post subject: re: quaudiophiliac ?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:38 am 

[quote author=Mikah link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=0#10 date=08/27/04 at 02:46:03]I'm not sure they are going to put one of the most valuable gems in the whole vault (the only known live performance of Waka) in this sort of a sampler... I'd keep it for the Wazoo release, so my vote for the Wazoo surprise goes to Rollo.[/quote]<br>[quote author=joe vaultmeister link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=0#10 date=08/27 in zappa-chat]It's the studio source, same as the original album, except the last half is a radical remix from the original. Doesn't have the over-dubbed horns at the end. A cool find<br><br><br>q: barfko swill only?<br><br>a: Nope, it will have distribution everywhere[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:09 am 

Are you referring to Waka or Rollo?<br><br>you mean that the "Wazoo surprise" was just a tease, and no peit wazoo tracks are included in this release?

Post subject: re: quaudiophiliac ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:55 am 

[quote author=Mikah link=board=albums;num=1093441503;start=15#29 date=08/30/04 at 05:09:56]Are you referring to Waka or Rollo?<br><br>you mean that the "Wazoo surprise" was just a tease, and no peit wazoo tracks are included in this release?[/quote]<br>was referring to waka...joe wouldn't reveal the wazoo surprise but inferred it was a bona fide petite wazoo track<br>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:29 am 

I knew you were going to say that<br>        I knew you were going to say that<br>        I knew you were going to say that<br>                        ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:33 am 

and another and another...<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=albums;action=display;num=1090272948<br><br>created july 19th by Rangi Wiremu Waka Jones