Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:22 am 

That's why i don't buy a dvd unit, i still on computer. I verified on amazon.fr Baby snakes is in 1 region, you need a multizone player, i guess. TRy to sell it on ebay  ???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:31 am 

Im always wary, as a UK resident, I could only play Region 2 discs, until I got a multi region player that is, I got sick of waiting that extra month for the Euro releases...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:37 am 

Don't send something to BS, they're full of emails. Call them at 9:00 pm GMT, 818 PUMPKIN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:34 am 

You can buy Baby Snakes in the dutch stores, also at the Free Record Shop so why buy it at zappa.com?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:16 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=albums;num=1097589327;start=0#7 date=10/12/04 at 08:44:51]<br><br><br>I never knew bout these stupid region codes....tis like we're back at at the early stage of VHS and Betamax  :-/[/quote]<br><br><br>Yes, except DVD regions were deliberately created by Hollywood to control the release timing of DVDs - thus forcing Europeans (and others) to wait for official releases ratber than buy directly from North America. At least the VHS v Betamax issue was due to competing technologies. <br><br>I have to say I do not understand why the ZFT made the DVD Region 1. There are Zappa fans all over the world, and a lot of places do not have stores which carry Zappa stuff. It would have made much more sense to make the DVD region free. <br><br>Maybe they'll do this for future releases ???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:33 am 
Banned

[quote author=Andy De Vine link=board=albums;num=1097589327;start=0#8 date=10/12/04 at 10:16:13]I have to say I do not understand why the ZFT made the DVD Region 1.[/quote]<br><br>The DVD was put out via Eagle Eye Media. <br>The ZFT had no control over the matter of disc encoding.<br>It was the company's decision, and nobody else's.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan