Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: a album i found
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:42 am 

ok,seriously if oyu know anything about this i want an answer ::)<br>------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>well now to the main topic<br>------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>i was sitting at my home thinking:"hmmm,maybe i should download some other frank zappa album" <br>so looked after an album and i found one that seemed interresting Kreega Bondola,so i downloaded the both CD's.<br>later when i was downloading i thought i might should check up aobut it on http://www.allmusic.com since they have a bunch of info about FZ.To my great dissapointment,i didnt find anything.<br><br>later when i transferred the both albums to my little FZ collection and started it on the mp3 player,i hear its a live recording....but not so good.<br><br>and im like:"desperate help needed" so i went to here to see if you FZ fans out there(specially you that was listeining to him pretty close when he started) if you know anything about the Kreega Bondola<br>------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>please im in really need of help with this,thank you for your help :)

Post subject: Re: a album i found
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:01 am 

thank you for the words ::)<br><br><br>well i have often heard i wont get no girls by listening to FZ's music.<br><br>well i say screw it since i am growing tired to hear form my cousin:"well your music really suck" and so on from the "stupid class" im in right now.meanwhile im accepting everysingle ineey whiney musicstyle out there,but what do i get back? not as much as a "thank" or "oh your really open".<br><br>no i say screw the shit about it <br>and enter the ones that talk shit<br><br>thats what i say ;D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:33 am 

[quote author=dr_grogg link=board=albums;num=1046785323;start=0#0 date=03/04/03 at 05:42:03]<br>i hear its a live recording....but not so good.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>??? That is one of the best sounding bootlegs ever... unless you were expecting it to be an official recording (but you know the official discography, don't you?  ;) )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:16 am 

well,uhm,i mean that you almost only hear FZ's voice and the live verision of "carolina hardcore ecstacy" isnt having the same kinda .......uhm.....hardcore ecstacyness :P<br><br>nah,you have to listen a bit before you see/hear its good<br>-------------------------------------------<br><br>anyway,you think i would use this CD collection for a "mime-live-preformance"? i have mostly been dreaming on mime to Frank Zappa,or sing the songs myself 8)<br><br>but since some girls wouldnt like it,i would do it ::)<br><br>who cares if the girls that doesnt like me so much already starts to like me a bit lesser ;D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:56 pm 

fer: human vicious - or? Kreegah Bandolo is the 2nd version of a 'module' FZ originally wrote for some concert violinist that wasn't performed in that form. The first time a band tried to play it was the late '75-early'76 outfit, FZ/Bozzio/Brock/Lewis/Estrada, it is on FZ:OZ, here called 'Canard Toujours'. The '81-'82 band had a song called 'Young and Monde' based on this 'module'. This evolved somewhat into 'Kreegah Bandolo', which Ray White claimed was Swahili for, basically: "white people = some good eatin'". The '84 band does this, a bit more solidified still, as: 'Let's Move To Cleveland'. NB: After one of the first times this phrase is sung, Ike Willis inserts: "bondolay boffo bonte", referring to the earlier incarnation. (this was an alternate title to 'Kreegah Bandolo {or Bondolo}') -  [The version known as 'Young and Monde' is on the first 'Beat the Boots' album "as an am Zappa', the '81 tour, one of the venues was the NYC Palladium.] <br>jcivil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:12 am 

I always liked this song, since the OZ proto-version on. <br>But I think that its '84 rendition is the highlight, and one of the few moments that were always a treat to hear in all '84 shows.<br>Maybe the only song that I like better on '84 than in any other tour.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:27 am 

but one thing,just....<br><br><br>those things that comes after he gets the little note (camarillo brillo/the muffin man/the illinois enema bandit) was probally not planned since after crew slut he telss the name of the guys in the band and says:"thanks alot! and goodnight!" and then he get that note from that person.<br><br>so in one way he maybe felt:"hmmm,i shall give her an answer and also sing some more" or something like that....so he plays  camarillo brillo/the muffin man/the illinois enema bandit as a.....uhm...."revenge" or something against upon that girl......well what do i know :o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:56 am 

<br> :o :o :o<br>Have you ever heard about encores?<br> ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:55 pm 

uhm i havent mikah :(<br><br><br>and it is?