Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:01 am 

It doesn't make very much sense in such a poll to pick up more than one player  for the same instrument. Or we will end up with a 20 elements orchestra to put all the ones we love in it.<br>I would ask it this way: for each instrument which is your favorite player among the ones who played in FZ past lineups?<br><br>for me:<br>-vocals: Nappy (because of his stage personality, technically the best singer for me is Ray White)<br>-2nd gtr: Steve Vai (no doubts)<br>-keyboards: George Duke (no doubts)<br>-percussion: Ruth (no doubts)<br>-brass, woodwinds etc: Bruce Fowler (no doubts)<br>-violin: Eddie Jobson (very hard to pick one, I like very much all 4 of them)<br>-bass: Tom Fowler<br>-drums: Chester Thompson (again probably Bozzio/O'Hearn were technically the best rithmic section but I love the groovy patterns that Thompson/Fowler were able to create)<br><br>now pick up yours ;)<br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:33 am 

You are right. The point was the ultimate band. <br>I just think that there are so many different wonderful musicians that we all love to put in the list that I could add and add until we get an orchestra:-)<br>Just think of your list. It was a wonderful band already but then you thought that it was even better ADDING Sugarcane. <br>And don't you think that it would be even better adding also Ponty or Fowler or Preston and so on?<br>Adding great musicians would only make the whole band better.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:51 am 

Seeing how at it's basics this is fantasy then I'd opt for the original Mothers but with the chops of the later bands.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:32 pm 

The Best Band you Never Heard In Your Life<br><br>FZ: lead guitar, synclavier , vocal<br>Steve Vai: stunt guitar, impossible guitar parts<br>Ike Willis: vocals, rhythm guitar, synth<br>Ray White: vocals, rhythm guitar <br>Bobby Martin: keyboards, vocals<br>George Duke: keyboards & synthesizer, vocals <br>Ruth Underwood: percussion, synthesizer, humanly impossible overdubs<br>Ian Underwood: flute, clarinet, alto & tenor sax<br>Walt Fowler: trumpet, flugel horn, synth<br>Bruce fowler: trombone<br>Paul Carman: alto sax, soprano sax, baritone sax<br>Mike Brecker: tenor sax<br>Kurt McGettrick: baritone sax, contrabass clarinet<br>Scott Thunes: electric bass, mini-moog<br>Chad Wackerman: drums, electronic percussion<br><br>Special guests of:<br>Dweezil Zappa, Napoleon Murphy Brock, Jimmi Carl Black, Jean-Luc Ponty, Flo and Eddie, Terry Bozzio.<br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:29 am 

::)FOR ME, NOT NECCESARY A BIG ROCK LINE-UP.<br>HERE'S THEN....<br><br>FRANK ZAPPA. Guitar, harpsichord, percussion, dialogues and laughs;<br>IAN UNDERWOOD. Saxophones, piano, keyboards,organus maximun;<br>RUTH UNDERWOOD. Percussion;<br>MR. DUNBAR. Drums;<br>GEORGE DUKE. Keyboards, vocals;<br>SAL MARQUES. trumpet and vocals.<br>(just zappa on guitar) ::)<br>ERRONEOUS. Bass Guitar.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:48 am 

Any line-up with Vinnie Colaiuta on drums!