Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: zappa singer !!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:02 am 

Hi,  <br> <br>I'd like you to advice me concerning some zappa's album where there are not a lot of guitar solo like for example "sheik Yerbouti".  <br> <br>Are there some other album where zappa sing and what's there names (and eventually, which are the one you prefer) ???<br> <br>Thank's in advance for your answers<br> <br>Fred

Post subject: Re: zappa singer !!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:16 am 

I have these albums, other ones ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:52 am 

Arrgh, damn cross-posters, got me at it now too  ;D<br><br>Anyway, you can read my reply here, but it doesn't add much to what has already been said, except to recommend Zoot Allures too.<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=quotes;action=display;num=1099576741

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:20 am 

"You Are What You Is" NEEDS MORE GUITAR SOLOS.  <br><br>In spite of that shortcoming, there are some great vocals and vocal harmonies on it.<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:17 pm 

I can't get enough of guitar-solos..... >:( >:( >:(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:00 am 

I think FZs voice is one of the most beautiful voices to sing or speak the english language.<br>  Noone could get the point across like Frank.<br>  THat cynical snear he has in his vocals is so very entertaining.<br>  I understand what Lgravy is trying to get across.<br>FZ wasn't a crooner like Ike. And there no reason for him to be.<br>  But I would say, if FZ thought he was limited, he used any limitations to his advantage.<br>  I think FZ is a GREAT singer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:35 am 

[quote author=trendm0nger link=board=albums;num=1099576946;start=0#12 date=11/05/04 at 06:00:58]I think FZs voice is one of the most beautiful voices to sing or speak the english language.<br>  Noone could get the point across like Frank.<br>  THat cynical snear he has in his vocals is so very entertaining.<br>  I understand what Lgravy is trying to get across.<br>FZ wasn't a crooner like Ike. And there no reason for him to be.<br>  But I would say, if FZ thought he was limited, he used any limitations to his advantage.<br>  I think FZ is a GREAT singer.[/quote]<br><br>Frank Zappa was the greatest singer ever! Not comparable to any singer I know. Everything fits in each song perfectly. Not comparable to Ike or Ray, they fit perfectly in the songs they sing! But personally I think Frank should have sang all his songs!  Frank Zappa was a singer in the FZ traditional way you could ever think of...HURRAY FOR FRANK ZAPPA'S VOCALS! MUSIC IS THE BEST! ;D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:46 am 

[quote author=UNICA link=board=albums;num=1099576946;start=0#13 date=11/05/04 at 07:35:48]<br><br>Frank Zappa was the greatest singer ever! Not comparable to any singer I know. Everything fits in each song perfectly. Not comparable to Ike or Ray, they fit perfectly in the songs they sing! But personally I think Frank should have sang all his songs!  Frank Zappa was a singer in the FZ traditional way you could ever think of...HURRAY FOR FRANK ZAPPA'S VOCALS! MUSIC IS THE BEST! ;D[/quote]<br><br>I agree FZ's voice can do no wrong for me either. I love it. He never gave himself much credit for it and said that was why he hired guys like Martin and Ray. BUT some of FZs best tours were the stripped down bands when he was the ONLY singer and the ONLY guitar player.<br>ZOOT ALLURES!!<br><br>