It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: I have a question...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:07 am 

In os10.3.x it is the mess to find a sign/font now :-(

[color=#004080]somewhere there[/color]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:42 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=albums;num=1096750778;start=30#34 date=10/21/04 at 17:34:03]<br><br>ït wörkš fínë før më   ;D[/quote] It wörks âlmost  fèr mé.<br>But on previous version you had the TOUCH KOMBINAIZIONNI  :'(<br>For Webding fonts it was useful.

[color=#004080]somewhere there[/color]

Post subject: re: i have a question...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:58 am 

[quote author=50 years old and wretched link=board=albums;num=1096750778;start=30#40 date=10/22/04 at 12:53:54]...Yeah, Keith Tippet. I've always known people who were keen on Soft Machine, King Crimson, Fripp, Frith...[/quote]<br><br>catfood was always one of my fav kc tunes...tippet is fantastic<br><br>[center][font=courier new]...don't think i'm that rude <br>if I tell you that it's cat food<br>not even fit for a horse[/font]<br><br><br>Image<br>catfood midi<br>keith tippet on piano<br>[/center]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:24 am 

[quote author=50 years old and wretched link=board=albums;num=1096750778;start=45#45 date=10/23/04 at 08:25:45]EEK! I seem to have accidentally stumbled into the King Crimson Forum.<br><br>While we're discussing things from a by-gone age, I notice the first Tyranosaurus Rex LP "my people were fair and had sky in their hair..but now they're content to wear stars on their brows" from 1968 is out on CD. Very hippy trippy with Mark Bolan warbling. I'm tempted to get it. I always fancied the John's Children CD, Bolan's previous band. And then there's the Misunderstood.<br><br>Too many oldies. Not enough time![/quote]<br><br>That is a great record <br>w/<br>Strange Orchestras<br>Chateau In Virgina Waters<br>Mustang Ford<br>&<br>Frowning Atahullpa (My Inca Love)<br><br>And if you like that you'd probably like Prophet's Seers & Sages, The Angels of The Ages.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:10 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=albums;num=1096750778;start=45#50 date=11/04/04 at 20:04:14]<br><br>Golden Filth, Fugs' live album is a classic. Especially the 'rants' by Ed Sanders before each song!<br>[hr]<br><br>I was never into the early Tyrannosaurus Rex-albums. A friend of mine had two LP's, but, I never did like them that much. Maybe I would be able to enjoy them more now.<br><br>I was, however, a big fan of these two:<br><br>Image [img width=200 height=200]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002KP3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]<br><br>But, even though I liked these two albums, I was a bit embarrassed about it, I remember. I was, at the same time, into Zappa, Genesis, Gentle Giant, King Crimson, etc. etc., but it was something about Bolan's glam-rock that appealed to me. And the fact that Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan did backing vocals, gave me some kind of back-up. <br>If they could sing on albums like these, they couldn't be that bad!  ;D[/quote]<br><br>If you like the first T-Rex album, you might like <br><br>A Beard Of Stars <br>&<br>Unicorn<br><br>those two are a little more accessable than his (or their) first two albums.<br>Of course Unicorn is the first with a lil' electric guitar.<br>

Post subject: re: i have a question...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:11 pm 

[table][tr][td]the fugs: saran wrap[/td][td]Image[td][897k][/td][/td][/tr][/table]

Post subject: Re: i have a question...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:21 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=albums;num=1096750778;start=15#22 date=10/10/04 at 19:50:45]<br>on the inner sleeve of my burnt weeny sandwich lp, there's an ad for the loss leaders lps [2 bucks each], including zappéd plus this one:<br><br><br>[table][tr][td]wild man fischer: songs for sale<br>jethro tull: my sunday feeling<br>the pentangle: sweet child<br>van morrison: slim slo slider<br>family: second generation woman<br>tom northcott: sunny goodge street<br>everly bros: t for texas/lord of the manor<br>van dyke parks: all golden/datsun tv commercial<br>sal valentino: alligator man<br>the beau brummels: deep water<br>randy newman: davy the fat boy<br>tiny tim: mr tim laughs<br>arlo guthrie: the pause of mr claus<br>sweetwater: why oh why<br>joni mitchell: nathan la franeer<br>eric andersen: so good to be with you<br>the electric prunes: finders keepers<br>the kinks: picture book<br>the jimi hendrix experience: red house<br>miriam makeba: i shall be released[/td][td][center]plus[/center][/td] [td]
    the mothers of invention:
  • the voice of cheese
  • louie louie
  • our bizarre relationship
  • the air<br>
    the fugs:
  • the divine toe
  • grope need
  • tuli, visited by the ghost of plotinus
  • robinson crusoe
  • the national haiku contest
  • wide, wide river<br>
[/td][/tr][tr][td][tt][sup].[/sup][/tt][/td][td]Image[/td][td][tt][sup].[/sup][/tt][/td][/tr][/table]<br>[/quote]<br>Funny that this one came up (not that i've got it)..I do however have a compilation vynyl album called Alternitaves on the Warner Bros label and on the inner sleeve it also mentions the Warner/Reprise Loss Leaders....Songbook and Zapped are mentioned. Both were mail order only Songbook cost 2$ and Zapped cost 1$. In the same series there is The Big Ball (2$) which has WPLJ on it and Record Show (2$) containing Electric Aunt Jemima .<br><br>The Alternatives record I own has got <br>Jimi Hendrix- Purple HAze<br>Neil Young with Crazy Horse-Cinnamon Girl<br>James Taylor -Suite for 20 G<br>Grateful Dead- New Speedway Boogie<br>John Sebastion- Rainbows all over Your Blues<br>Mothers of Invention- Directly From My Heart To You <br>Gordon Lightfoot - Minstrel of the Dawn<br>Arlo Guthrie- Creole Belle<br>Jethro Tull- Reasons For Waiting<br>Joni Mitchell- Woodstock<br>Small Faces- Around The Plynth<br>Tim Buckley- Happy Time<br>Graham Bond- Neighbour Neighbour<br>Van Morrison- Into the Mystic.<br><br>It also appears to be some kind of promo album..cos on the record label it staes Promotion- Not For Sale. No date unfortunately..but Joni Mitchell singing Woodstock gives a mighty clue!!!!