Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:43 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=albums;num=1076289893;start=15#22 date=02/11/04 at 04:50:59]<br><br>Good choice, Doc! A piece of advice; when you listen to it the first time, skip the Uncle Meat Film Excerpts (and Tengo Na Minchia Tanta, it's just a silly song in Italian). They're 40 minutes of dialogue from the movie Uncle Meat. They're fun to listen to, but they upset the continuity of the original album, since they're placed before the magnificent King Kong "suite". <br>(FZ should have put the movie dialogue on a separate CD, if you ask me. But you don't, so I'm telling ya! <br>And Tengo Na Minchia Tanta could have been a single).<br><br>Can't wait to read your review! 8)<br> [/quote]<br><br>What? so the first stuff is like, uh, talking and shit?  :o<br><br>Nah, can't belive that. :-/<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:34 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=albums;num=1076289893;start=15#26 date=02/13/04 at 11:53:49]<br><br>The Uncle Meat Film Excerpts are just talking, yes. One is 37 minutes and the other is around 4 minutes. Put in between them is this song in Italian, Tengo Na Minchia Tanta, which already have been discussed here. <br>But, the rest of the CD (it's a double one), has the Original Uncle Meat double-LP, and it's brilliant! I know you like We're Only In It For The Money (right?), so, don't worry, you're gonna love Uncle Meat too. Go out and get it, and do it today! <br>(Well, it's late in Sweden now, so wait until tomorrow!)  ;)[/quote]<br><br>Heh, ok, then I know, and the album might get my Dreamtheater loving cousin interested in Frank. ;D<br><br>Uuuuh, Today..... is a day.... and that day is...... the wrong day to get Frank.<br><br>(useless local CD store :-/)<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:30 pm 

I remember the day I bought "Mothermania" and "Uncle Meat" at Two Guys ( a defunct dept. store).<br>  On first hearing, I was blown away with "Uncle Meat"<br>My fave cuts were "Project X" and of course, "King Kong"<br>  The rest of the album was excellent as well. <br>And I got a "Nifty" booklet with it too.  ;D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:43 am 

Count me in, this album is one of Zappa's best. I love the otherworldly sound of some pieces, like Project X.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:57 am 

[quote author=Gonzo link=board=albums;num=1076289893;start=0#14 date=02/10/04 at 06:23:58]I tried to translate this track...this is what I got from Dictionary.com<br><br>Italian: I hold Na Minchia A lot<br><br>Spanish: I have Na Minchia As much<br><br>Portuguese: Tengo In The Minchia As much<br><br>Is this song title just made up words? Lol. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Minchia is the sicilian word for "cock".<br>The title means "I have a cock like this". It means an erection of course because the singer (I don't remember his name now) always says "I have a cock like this and now you must suck it".<br><br>I do not like that track and I do not know why Frank included it in the CD version of Uncle Meat. Yrs, it was recorded in the '80s.<br><br>I haven't seen the movie, so is there a scene needing something like "Tengo na Minchia Tanta" ? In this case this would mean that Frank probably had a previous material not included in the original vinyl double album, then probably lost.<br>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:08 pm 

[quote author=andy_thong link=board=albums;num=1076289893;start=30#32 date=02/15/04 at 23:42:37]I think it was Carl Zappa singing Tengo Na Minchia Tanta...[/quote]<br><br>Nope, it was Massimo Bassoli.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:42 am 

You learn something new everyday. And today I learned that Vinyl cuts are always better.  Also, if you sleep all night with no underwear and the window open and it's 10 degrees outside, its really hard to piss in the morning. (Dont ask)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:51 pm 

For answer see the above post.  ;D <br><br>(actually I had made love and just happened to fall asleep in a really comftorable position with the window open.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:51 pm 

[quote author=Lobster Man link=board=albums;num=1076289893;start=30#40 date=02/20/04 at 14:40:05]I just got Uncle Meat in the mail! I am listening to it right now. I am up to Disc 2, track 1, "Uncle Meat Film Excerpt part I," 35 minutes into the excerpt. I like the film dialogue. It's very good. I can't wait to see the movie on DVD! <br><br>This is a great album![/quote]<br><br>You better hold on, TF, because the best (King Kong) is yet to come! ;D<br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:03 pm 

For all you Uncle Meat fanatics, heres my transcription of Dog Breath Variation's Intro:<br><br>Lead Electric (Clean Tone):<br><br>e------------------5------2---2-3-0------0---<br>B----3- 2- 0---------------------------3------<br>G-------------2---------------------------------<br>D-----------------------------------------------<br>A-----------------------------------------------<br>E-----------------------------------------------<br><br>e---3--2--0---------9-------------------------<br>B---------------3------------10---------------<br>G-----------------------------------------------<br>D-----------------------------------------------<br>A-----------------------------------------------<br>E------------------------------------------------<br><br>e------7---------5------------------------------<br>B-----------9---------7-----5-------------------<br>G------------------------------------------------<br>D------------------------------------------------<br>A------------------------------------------------<br>E------------------------------------------------<br><br>Rhythm Guitar (Acoustic):<br><br>(Strum Freely)<br>e----0---0--0---0------5------2---2-3-0-0---<br>B----3---2- 0---0------0------0---0-0-0-2---<br>G----0------0---2------0------0---0-0-0-0----<br>D----0------0------------------------------------<br>A-------------------------------------------------<br>E-------------------------------------------------<br><br>e---3--2--0-------- 9--------(0)-----------------<br>B---0--0--0----3---0-------- 10---------------<br>G---0--0-------0----0-------- 0--------------------<br>D-----------------------------------------------<br>A-----------------------------------------------<br>E------------------------------------------------<br><br>e------7-----0----5----------------------------<br>B------0-----9----0-----7-----5----------------<br>G------0-----0----0-----------------------------<br>D------------------------------------------------<br>A------------------------------------------------<br>E------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br>Rhythm Guitar Two (Acoustic):<br><br>e-------------------------------------------------<br>B-------------------------------------------------<br>G----------------------------2-------------------<br>D----0------------------------------4------------<br>A----------4-----2----0--------------------------<br>E-------------------------------------------------<br><br>e-------------------------------------------------<br>B-------------------------------------------------<br>G-------------------------------------------------<br>D---2-----4-----5-----4----2----0-----2-------<br>A-------------------------------------------------<br>E-------------------------------------------------<br><br>e-------------------------------------------------<br>B--------------------------------2----------------<br>G----0---------------------------------2---------<br>D------------4-----2-----0-----------------------<br>A--------------------------------------------------<br>E-------------------------------------------------<br><br>e-------------------------------------------------<br>B-------------------------------------------------<br>G-----4-----------2------------------------------<br>D-----------6-------------4--------2-------------<br>A-------------------------------------------------<br>E-------------------------------------------------<br><br><br>All guitars are played at the same time.  :-*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:32 am 

My favorite!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:08 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=albums;num=1076289893;start=30#44 date=02/23/04 at 07:35:10]<br><br>So, did you get it yet?  ;)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Next week, on monday to be precise, I am taking a trip up to Stockholm. With me I am taking a load of money to search for the uncle meat album. ;)<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:48 am 

Yeah, strange you should think that....I love Uncle Meat, definitely in my top five.......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:03 am 

The film excerpts weren't on the original album, so I skip the, even though I did build up the patience to listen to all of them.<br><br>"I'm using the chicken to measure it!"<br><br>Other than the excerpts, Uncle Meat is a masterpiece!