Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:30 pm 

Well...<br>Happens that I accidentally found myself staring at the goods of a bootleg street vendor merchant specialized in selling mp3's discographies. Imagine my surprise when I found some of FZ's  never ending material. But there was a special item that grabbed my atention, a recording called "Touch Me There" by Zappa & Shankar dated in 1984. With all the weight of the  guilt over my shoulders I return home with the mentioned material to see or better said hear what was it about. the first track is obviously performed by our beloved sheik, and the rest of the album reminds me the style of his softest and jazziest material of the 70's, (lather, sleep dirt,spider of destiny, so forth). but with a sound so unique that made me cry, it is full of such beautyness...<br>So , it piqued my curiosity, then I searched in all Zappa's related sites and no one has information about that album. I'm intrigued about everything related to this material. The entire recording sounds studio/made excepting Dead girls...<br>I write the tracks listing to see if it sounds familiar to you.<br>1.Dead girls of London<br>2.Little stinker<br>3.Touch me there<br>4.No more mr. Nice Girl<br>5.Love gone away<br>6.Darlene<br>7.Windy morning<br>8.Knee deep In Heaters<br>Please, somebody answer meeee!!!!<br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:35 pm 

[quote author=Sy_Borg_2099 link=board=albums;num=1104453022;start=0#0 date=12/30/04 at 16:30:22]Well...<br>Happens that I accidentally found myself staring at the goods of a bootleg street vendor merchant specialized in selling mp3's discographies. Imagine my surprise when I found some of FZ's  never ending material. But there was a special item that grabbed my atention, a recording called "Touch Me There" by Zappa & Shankar dated in 1984. With all the weight of the  guilt over my shoulders I return home with the mentioned material to see or better said hear what was it about. the first track is obviously performed by our beloved sheik, and the rest of the album reminds me the style of his softest and jazziest material of the 70's, (lather, sleep dirt,spider of destiny, so forth). but with a sound so unique that made me cry, it is full of such beautyness...<br>So , it piqued my curiosity, then I searched in all Zappa's related sites and no one has information about that album. so I'm intrigued about everything related to this material. The entire recording sounds studio/made excepting Dead girls...<br>I write the tracks listing to see if it sounds familiar to you.<br>1.Dead girls of London<br>2.Little stinker<br>3.Touch me there<br>4.No more mr. Nice Girl<br>5.Love gone away<br>6.Darlene<br>7.Windy morning<br>8.Knee deep In Heaters<br>Please, somebody answer meeee!!!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Jeezis Key-rist boy!! Ain't ya never heard of Google???<br><br>hahahahahahaha<br><br>http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/related/Touch_Me_There.html<br><br>http://www.united-mutations.com/s/shankar.htm<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:46 am 

And johnny... HNY... Sugarcan VS Shakar ???

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:23 am 

I really like Touch Me There...Took a few listens to get into it, but its an enjoyable record......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:42 am 

I know there are always raging debates on here about "the vinyl version vs. the CD version" of various Frank albums, but this one jumps out at me the most. The vinyl version of "Touch me there" is so much better than the CD. If you have a choice, get the album. If not, get the CD. It's great music.