Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:34 am 

I wonder if this 2cd set is a bootleg ? Doesn't look official.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:10 am 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
I wonder if this 2cd set is a bootleg ? Doesn't look official.

An exact copy of the version off Zappateers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:34 am 

Okay. Thank you !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:05 pm 

I'll wait and see if the next Road Tapes series is from this tour. If it is, then there's no need to bother with this. If not, I'll keep an eye on this set from 2nd hand sellers @ amazon or ebay.

I don't want or care about downloads @ zappateers. I'd rather pay to have the CD than fuck around with downloading & transferring to CD.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:44 am 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
I'll wait and see if the next Road Tapes series is from this tour. If it is, then there's no need to bother with this. If not, I'll keep an eye on this set from 2nd hand sellers @ amazon or ebay.

I don't want or care about downloads @ zappateers. I'd rather pay to have the CD than fuck around with downloading & transferring to CD.

So you'd rather pay for a shitty rip off and support some assholes instead. Ok. That makes zero sense to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:14 pm 

Phlakaton wrote:
Fred_Zappelin wrote:

So you'd rather pay for a shitty rip off and support some assholes instead. Ok. That makes zero sense to me.

Actually, I agree with Fred. I don't like fucking with downloads either. I would rather pay somebody else to turn it into a CD, just like I pay the plumber to fix the toilet. If the ZFT decides to release it, I'm all over it. But if it sounds as good as this Keyhole release, then I'm in too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:49 am 

I think if you have the computer knowledge to be able to set up a zappa.com forum account and publish posts, downloading a show and burning it to CD isn't much more challenging. But people surprise me sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:32 am 

Christ.

Setting up an account for a board is made easy via FAQs/instructions.
And they usually all work the same way in terms of registering. See: riding a bike.
Some people do not download music. Period.
Those same people usually do not usually burn discs. Some people do not have a burner.
Or they have a burner, but it isn't working (in my case).

People surprise you because you are clearly easily surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:23 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
Christ.

Setting up an account for a board is made easy via FAQs/instructions.

http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/beginners-guide

Quote:

But they spend $13-$26 when they don't need to and the money won't reach the artists? What sense does that make?

Quote:
Or they have a burner, but it isn't working (in my case).

Sorry to read that. Hope you can get it fixed before long.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:06 am 

Setting up as Web account is much easier than getting torrents,Firewall in router,router ports not open sky routers even say site not allowed making it impossible can't even get the old reliable Thomson speedtouch modem out and in use,need a router from subscribed broadband not a modem to get as far as goggle ,Then burning them time length and files must not be over sort of simple unless you buy blank CD's and they are Fucked,The price of a Burner is the cheapest part of a PC easy plug and playshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 am 

pbuzby wrote:
Quote:

But they spend $13-$26 when they don't need to and the money won't reach the artists? What sense does that make?

What I meant is that some people actually DO buy the genuine out-there-for-purchase product.
And I am surprised that you know how much people "need" to spend, mr surprisable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:21 am 

cleon wrote:
Setting up as Web account is much easier than getting torrents,Firewall in router,router ports not open sky routers even say site not allowed making it impossible can't even get the old reliable Thomson speedtouch modem out and in use,need a router from subscribed broadband not a modem to get as far as goggle ,Then burning them time length and files must not be over sort of simple unless you buy blank CD's and they are Fucked,The price of a Burner is the cheapest part of a PC easy plug and playshit.

What..... ever cleon said.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:52 am 

Its simple. You like to spend money on shit that is a rip off and does nothing to support the legit releases, artist and their families - or you dont. No surprises for anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:27 pm 

Or... maybe you like to do both.

SURPRISES GALORE!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:14 am 

I'm curious about the sound quality too, probably won't buy if it's less than a B+. Yes, the Beefheart - Live '66 CD that Keyhole put out is quite good. However they also put out the Mothers - Live in Central Park '68 CD set which from reviews looks like one to avoid. Plus with RT1, Ahead Of Their Time, & the BTB releases, why would you really need that one?

I support the ZFT by going to ZPZ shows, and buying official albums on CD. Not gonna feel guilty if I decide to buy this one. That lineup is long overdue for official release. Maybe if the ZFT had been on it a year or two ago, nobody would even be talking about this Keyhole CD.
How many here are boycotting the "Sun Zoom Spark" box because the Magic Band members receive zero pay from it? Not me. Can't wait to get my hands on that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:59 am 

I'll let you know how it sounds when I receive mine. I just bought it along with Captain Beefheart: Full Moon In Cowtown from a '74 radio broadcast.

I also have the Sun, Zoom, Spark box, and I love it.

I'm sorry that some of the people didn't receive their due compensation. But I didn't sign the fucking contracts, and won't feel guilty for buying legitimate releases directly from Amazon. If this was third party bootleggers, then I would understand your position. But, it's not.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:39 am 

Philostopher wrote:
I'll let you know how it sounds when I receive mine. I just bought it along with Captain Beefheart: Full Moon In Cowtown from a '74 radio broadcast.

I also have the Sun, Zoom, Spark box, and I love it.

I'm sorry that some of the people didn't receive their due compensation. But I didn't sign the fucking contracts, and won't feel guilty for buying legitimate releases directly from Amazon. If this was third party bootleggers, then I would understand your position. But, it's not.

It's the exact same copy pulled off Zappateers... how is it not a third party bootlegger? Amazon or not. They still sell from scum. Fine... whatever. I cant change anyone's mind anyway. I would also wager that saying sorry means absolutely nothing to you since you didn't sign a contract with assholes making profit from this. It just burns me when these pricks make money from stuff like this and amazon supports it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:29 am 

So is there revenue generated from Zappateers that goes to the artists, or in this case the family of the artists? Unless, you want to talk about everyone who ever appeared on this music. Does Zappateers pay any of these people or their families any money?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:49 am 

Philostopher wrote:
So is there revenue generated from Zappateers that goes to the artists, or in this case the family of the artists? Unless, you want to talk about everyone who ever appeared on this music. Does Zappateers pay any of these people or their families any money?

Does Zappateers make money? No. Do they sell anything? No. Do they take more care of these recordings than anyone else. Yes. Shared free? Yes.

Who makes money? Some pricks in Europe. Do they give it to anyone other than themselves? Do I need to answer that?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:03 am 

I'm not defending these outfits (death to ozit!) but it is my understanding that these "grey area" releases do in fact pay publishing and other mechanicals. That's how they manage to be distributed through normal channels. The ZFT considers them boots and the shady publishers should not be supported. The comments on zappateers are misguided, philostopher!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:32 am 

I'm well aware the comments on Zappateers are misguided brainpang, but thanks. Just like the implication that all Europeans are pricks. Although I have not personally met any of them, there are several European forum members that I consider friends. If I decide to help a European feed his family by buying a perfectly legal release from him, that's my fucking business. It shouldn't affect your morals or ethics one iota? If this ends up being Road Tapes 3, then I'll buy that shit too. So, who the fuck besides me is losing money? You are entitled to your opinion, but bigoted statements like yours are the reason I hate even being associated with the Southern United States.

And by the way, I bought 2 extra copies of Roxy By Proxy to help support the people who spent the $1,000 for that license. I guess I'm wrong there for helping out two more pricks?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:09 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
I'm well aware the comments on Zappateers are misguided brainpang, but thanks. Just like the implication that all Europeans are pricks. Although I have not personally met any of them, there are several European forum members that I consider friends. If I decide to help a European feed his family by buying a perfectly legal release from him, that's my fucking business. It shouldn't affect your morals or ethics one iota? If this ends up being Road Tapes 3, then I'll buy that shit too. So, who the fuck besides me is losing money? You are entitled to your opinion, but bigoted statements like yours are the reason I hate even being associated with the Southern United States.

And by the way, I bought 2 extra copies of Roxy By Proxy to help support the people who spent the $1,000 for that license. I guess I'm wrong there for helping out two more pricks?

Some pricks in Montana then? WTF man... I never made a bigoted comment about anyone. Nice try on the redirect. Go ahead and do what you want. Nobody is stopping you. I lived in Woodstock, Georgia for 3 years and 5 years in Savannah so I know what backward-ass bigots can be - not that they all live in those regions either but you said it. I guess I'm not allowed to converse with the dozens of friends I have in Europe about it now. They're all pricks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:21 am 

Phlakaton wrote:
Some pricks in Europe.

My apologies to you. I did not realize that:
a. That is a term of endearment.
b. It has a double meaning, which I used to turn the comment around on you.

In the future. I will look for the hidden meaning in your posts before commenting on them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:48 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
Phlakaton wrote:
Some pricks in Europe.

My apologies to you. I did not realize that:
a. That is a term of endearment.
b. It has a double meaning, which I used to turn the comment around on you.

In the future. I will look for the hidden meaning in your posts before commenting on them.

First off... I'll go and apologize to you since I was harsh about the whole thing in the first place. Second... there was no hidden meaning to any of it. These people mostly operate from Europe and especially from Italy. Doesn't mean I hate Italians. I am half Italian! I would love to live in Europe too! Sweden if you can imagine that. :) Love it there.

Have a good day and sorry about any of this ranting from me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:15 pm 

No apologies necessary. I understand your position on the topic. I support the ZFT 100%. I've bought everything that's available through them. I do not have time to go and download a bunch of music. I work 50 hours a week, and cook and clean for a 15 year old. Yes, it may look like I spend a lot of time on here. But most of the time, I'm doing housework or cooking while I pop on the forum every once in awhile. As a matter of fact, I'm preparing supper after this post. Luckily, I have leftovers from Thanksgiving tonight.

Have a good one as well! :)