Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:14 pm 

To mind his own business??? Hehehe... I had a copy of Apostrophe and a few others, but I still bought the originals... It's worth it, I think anyways.  ;D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:18 pm 
Banned

[quote author=Peter342 link=board=albums;num=1112826746;start=0#0 date=04/06/05 at 15:32:26]....do you think I should buy the ones I have but not pirated?[/quote]<br><br>YES!!!<br><br>STOP DEPRIVING FRANK'S WIDOW OF THE MONEY SHE DESERVES!!!

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:52 pm 
Banned

Don't make fun of me -- this is a serious issue! ::)

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:55 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=albums;num=1112826746;start=0#7 date=04/06/05 at 16:48:15]<br>Yes: I recently read a rumor in the Rolling Stone Swimsuit Issue, saying that Gail's so poor that she's down to burning Frank's tapes for heat...<br><br>In fact, here's an actual Gail Zappa quote that I just made up:<br><br>"Dweezil: it's freezing in here. Put the rest of the Trance-Fusion masters on the fire. I love the way they make the flames turn green."<br>[center] :P[/center][/quote]<br><br>LOL!! MTF strikes!!<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:17 pm 

Yes you probably should if you enjoy them but I would personally wait until the ZFT gets the catalog relaunched so you can get it direct from the source and bypass Ryko completely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:43 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=albums;num=1112826746;start=0#7 date=04/06/05 at 16:48:15]<br>Yes: I recently read a rumor in the Rolling Stone Swimsuit Issue, saying that Gail's so poor that she's down to burning Frank's tapes for heat...<br><br>In fact, here's an actual Gail Zappa quote that I just made up:<br><br>"Dweezil: it's freezing in here. Put the rest of the Trance-Fusion masters on the fire. I love the way they make the flames turn green."<br>[center] :P[/center][/quote]<br><br>Oh mtf, that made me chuckle loudly!! Hahahaha!  ;D<br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:25 am 

Either buy the official versions or don't complain when some other scumbag robs your house. Stealing is wrong, no matter what your father thinks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:46 am 

[quote author=Peter342 link=board=albums;num=1112826746;start=0#1 date=04/06/05 at 15:50:31]Can some one please help me out?[/quote]<br><br>Well, I can offer my modicum of Zappa wisdom.<br><br>Collecting Zappa's albums can be an expensive hobby - not only are there ludicrous amounts of them, but they're fairly expensive. <br><br>However, Zappa albums are definitely a commodity that deserve to be owned. Zappa poured so much effort and enthusiasm into making his albums that simply 'owning' a copied CD or MP3 of one of his albums doesn't really do him justice. <br><br>Personally, I can't stand copied CDs or downloading music - but that's just me. <br>