Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Rediscovering 200 Motels
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:34 pm 

I played this album recently for the first time in ages and it went down really well. Both discs are excellent throughout, theres no real low spots on this at all. Makes me want to watch the movie again, but before I can do that I need to get a new video player, as mine busted!!!.....As soon as thats done though, Im gonna re aquaint myself with Motels, Uncle Meat, Bickford and DHBIM!!!..........Till then I guess Ill have to console myself with the BBSNX DVD...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:24 pm 

Some moments on the 200 Motels soundtrack are soooo<br>wonderful !!!<br>Am I the only fanatic that loves Lucy's Seduction of a Bored Violinist and Postlude ? <br>( Well, I know Ed Palermo digs it........)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:20 am 

Every time I listen to this album I find something new (usually a new brilliant melodic passage).<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:28 pm 

Anytime I listen to 200 Motels I get the Tuna Sandwhich medley stuck in my head for at least a week.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:21 am 

Mystery Roach  ;D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:40 am 

I like--<br><br>LC Burt<br>She painted up her face<br>Daddy Daddy Daddy<br>What will this evening bring me this morning<br>Magic Fingers<br>Strictly Genteel<br><br>Anymore I pretty much skip over the rest of it<br><br>But maybe once a year Penis Dimensions is good for a laugh when I'm in a mood for some weird vaudeville  ;)<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:16 am 

No problem man. Albums that you havent heard for a while always go down great when a song from them just pops into your head reminding you that you havent heard it in ages, rather than endlessly scanning your CD collection thinking "What shall I put on?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:45 am 

Sweet. <br><br>What a great album and film. "I'm stealing the room! I'm STEALING THE ROOM" and "Magic Fingers" are personal hilights for me.<br><br>I'm a big Who fan too so its fun to see Keith Moon dressed as a nun cop a cheap feel off Ms. Lucy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:51 am 

Unfortunately, Miss Lucy is no longer with us....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:02 pm 

[ftp]http://blog.zappatic.net/entry/10[/ftp]<br><br>Some 200 Motels captures direct from Hollywood.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:25 pm 

Just did a google search. Not much info but here's what I came up with;<br><br>She died of Aids some time during the 1990s. Couldn't find an exact date.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:29 pm 

I downloaded it off Kazaa Lite on 2 VCDs, myself. Got the True Story of 200 Motels and the VPRO special to get the full blown experience too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:35 pm 

Yep, got 200 Motels from Kazaa lite and Ture Story os 200 Motels and the VPRO special on winmx.<br><br>With three download programs and a good virus protection program you can have alot of fun.<br><br>Everynow and then I still download Zappa stuff and share it for a while. I'm pamdawbersdrughabit on Winmx and Soulseek and PeganJim on Kazaa Lite.<br><br>Right now I've got Frank's Carson show appearance over on winmx.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:17 pm 

Shareza, cool is that like a bit torrent?<br><br>I'm on EZ Tree. I just got a real rare Who bootleg the other day. Someone has found their 1964 audition tape for EMI, a label from which they were steadfastly rejected.