Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Absolutely freeeeeeeeee
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:35 am 

sometimes when im trying to sleep, i can't stop singing - <br>"call any vegetable.<br>call it by name<br>call it every day<br>and the chances are good.<br>that the vegetable will respond to you!!!"<br>has anyone else found themselves in this situation?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:13 pm 

I think you need a vegetable to hold your hand and help get you through the night. <br><br>Or maybe you need the vegetable with the joint! ;D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:53 pm 

Whoa.  I think we need more clarity on this subject!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:06 am 

that brings on another question - what vegetable would you prefer to hold your hand through the night? would definately have to be a potato. i don't need joints to let this  happen - it's all natural!  8)<br><br>Dear Noah: i have some clarity for you!!! ;D<br>"jsdhfjishugiahgjifhaugifheigdrhfuidgfhdui"<br><br>are eggplants aubergines? i want to hear the story behind that!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:33 am 

[quote author=zeeky link=board=albums;num=1079717703;start=0#4 date=03/24/04 at 04:06:11]that brings on another question - what vegetable would you prefer to hold your hand through the night? would definately have to be a potato. i don't need joints to let this  happen - it's all natural!  8)<br><br>Dear Noah: i have some clarity for you!!! ;D<br>"jsdhfjishugiahgjifhaugifheigdrhfuidgfhdui"<br><br>are eggplants aubergines? i want to hear the story behind that![/quote]<br>when potatoes were first introduced to europe many people did in fact smoke them...so a potato at night may be closer to a joint than you think.  :o

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:33 am 

I got the album, if we are now going to talk about it, in the LP version. ;D ;) :P<br><br>Ok, you don't care....<br><br>I will jsut go and order the cd version now...... Maybe..... Goodbye.......<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:22 pm 

I am now thouroughly and completely enlightened!     Pass me my potatoe spliff.   Let's get this salad started!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:14 am 

well mr central scrutinizer - you are a fountain of useful information! have you ever tried using potato to relieve your mind?<br>the album is really good-  but i don't have the lp, so maybe i'm missing out.  :'(<br>are there any other vegetables that could help us? maybe the odd celery stick?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:08 pm 

Are there really many differences between the lp and cd?    because the cd version does not sound like the mixing has been updated at all!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:22 am 

[quote author=Noah link=board=albums;num=1079717703;start=0#9 date=03/25/04 at 23:08:17]Are there really many differences between the lp and cd?    because the cd version does not sound like the mixing has been updated at all! [/quote]<br><br>The cd release added two singles:<br><br>Big leg emma<br>&<br>Why don'tcha do me right?<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:25 am 

[quote author=Noah link=board=albums;num=1079717703;start=0#9 date=03/25/04 at 23:08:17]Are there really many differences between the lp and cd?    because the cd version does not sound like the mixing has been updated at all! [/quote]<br><br>Jezziz Gawd-damn Mother Fukking Son of a Bitch Cocksucker Tiittyfucking assholes!!<br><br>How many times do I need to keep telling you people about this site?<br>http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85821131/vinylvscds/index.html<br><br>WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ZAPPA MOTHER FUCKERS!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:33 am 

I've bought Absolutely free a few days ago, and what can I say?....<br><br>WELL, I am motherfucking HOOKED AGAIN!! ;D<br><br>Brown shoes don't make it is maybe one of the coolest (and maybe the most progressivest, wait, it is!) song I have ever heard! :P<br><br>Deeply inspired, thanks Frank!<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:03 pm 

Err....no, but thats a great sond from a great album........!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:56 pm 

Two days a week I work in a 'High Fidelity' kind of store, called 'Egg Records'. Yesterday, while I'm tidying up the 'soul' section, I see, out of the corner of my eye, a little old man holding a Zappa album. It's Absolutely Free, a first US pressing on the Verve label, and I'm pretty excited; we've got $50 (Australian) on it; that's a pretty big one-off sale, and although hardcore fans are willing to make such a purchase, such fans rarely happen to be little old men.<br><br>A little while later, the old man comes up to the counter holding a record in each hand. He brings the Zappa album forward and drawls, in an old man kind of drawl, "this one says 'Absolutely Free'."<br><br>"I'm sorry, Sir," I reply, as straight-faced and polite as possible, "that is in fact the title of the album." I point to the price tag, to show him as I tell him that it actually says fifty dollars.<br><br>So he hands the record to me. He doesn't want it at that price. He only wants it if it is absolutely free. <br><br>"What about this one?" he drawls, proffering the record in his other hand. It turns out to be a Tom Waits album… the one called Small Change.<br><br>Before he can whip out some pocket shrapnel, I let him know that once again, 'Small Change' is the album title, and rather than forty-five cents, or thrupence, or whatever jangly combination happens to reside his coin pocket, the price is seventeen dollars.<br><br>I guess, I'm just glad he hadn't picked up a copy of that live charity album that the Oxbridge mafia comedians like the Pythons and Peter Cook and Alan Bennet recorded for Amnesty International in the mid-70s. <br><br>Its cover says 'A Poke In The Eye (With A Sharp Stick)'!<br><br> :P

--

http://standanddeliver.blogs.com
http://www.radiohaha.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:12 pm