Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:56 am 

BBP wrote:
Sleep late and visit the Eindhoven fun fair.

Which I did. Also, today:
Dad asked me to go to Belgium with him. There was a jumble store out there, plus some friends of ours live there. Dad's promised to burn them some CDs. I didn't really want to go, but I went along anyway.

Anyway, after a long drive, we arrived at the jumble store. It turned out to be closed for holidays.
So we went to the friends. They weren't in, so Dad wanted to toss the CD into the mail slot. And then he found out the CD was still lying on the stair case at home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:30 am 

Well, if you happened to see a beat up red Volvo stationwagon with five scruffy looking guys that were blasting dub reggae, P-Funk and Sun Ra music somewhere along the Dutch border, that was us... :mrgreen:

Last edited by Studebaker on Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:54 am 

BBP wrote:

That is what Murphy's Law is all about! Nice little story :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:50 am 

I worked all day Saturday. Then played on the internet and read a bunch of Byzantine history. Today I've been listening to the stream of Genoa, 5jul82 over at zappateers. It's a great show!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:04 am 

I am just about to get on the road and drive 270Km south today and then a 100+ more tomorrow to meet my folks... I've selected some cds to listen while on the road: ranging from Zappa's Läther, CPIII, Brodway the Hard Way, to Tonny Williams Lifetime, to Hermeto, to KC's ProjecKt X to Egberto Gismonti to Blood Seat and Tears to, finally, Eric Dolphy's Last Date.

Have a nice weekend everyone! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:15 am 

Buying earplugs, sleeping late, visiting a flea market.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:11 pm 

I'll be hanging 4 new internal doors upstairs in my house, probably take me most of the day, then i'll order chinese and have a few tins.
On Sunday i'm taking my boy swimming. He's just finished his first week at skool. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:29 pm 

three shows this weekend, two tonight, one tomorrow, then strike on sunday.
plan on spending some time workin on the sites and also discussing what is to be done for the rest of the year w/r/t them. It would be nice to find some time to talk to the pretty girl I've my eye on, away from the crowd.
damn! it's thirty minutes to call.
have a good one all you baddies :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:19 pm 

In the morning whole family will get a haicut. Later we'll visit a school fest, daughter's school turns 100 years old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:41 pm 

Just had myself a beard cut, and i am about to get dressed for a friend's wedding...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:54 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
In the morning whole family will get a haicut.

hehe.... this makes me smile!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:02 am 

Didn't do anything last weekend but on September 10 we went to the Ace Cafe Reunion at Brighton. Hard to believe there are so many bikes on the planet, let alone in one town. Took us a couple of hours to walk past them all down one road and another couple to walk past them back along the seafront on Madeira Drive. Ran out of parking time (couldn't find anywhere that allowed more than 4 hours) so didn't even get to look at the thousands round other areas of the town, or even stop for a drink.

Some amazing bikes and some nostalgic ones. The sun shone.

We called it our summer holiday.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:19 am 

floss wrote:
Didn't do anything last weekend but on September 10 we went to the Ace Cafe Reunion at Brighton. Hard to believe there are so many bikes on the planet, let alone in one town. Took us a couple of hours to walk past them all down one road and another couple to walk past them back along the seafront on Madeira Drive. Ran out of parking time (couldn't find anywhere that allowed more than 4 hours) so didn't even get to look at the thousands round other areas of the town, or even stop for a drink.

Some amazing bikes and some nostalgic ones. The sun shone.

We called it our summer holiday.

:)

Sounds like you had a nice day floss, Im glad. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:25 am 

This coming weekend i'm invited by a business associate of mine to go to his "Château" in the Gers region of France. Now that in itself is nice, but the crux is that his château does not produce wine but produces "Armagnac" which is sort of like cognac (but better). I'll drop in on saturday afternoon, lounge the pool, have a "typical" meal and then go down to the aging cellars...He told me that he has some product that is over 100 years old :shock: . I can't wait. And then on sunday (if i'm still standing) we'll visit the area around his spread. Should be a good one. I just wish i had a female friend to bring along. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:20 am 

The_Acadian_2 wrote:
This coming weekend i'm invited by a business associate of mine to go to his "Château" in the Gers region of France. Now that in itself is nice, but the crux is that his château does not produce wine but produces "Armagnac" which is sort of like cognac (but better). I'll drop in on saturday afternoon, lounge the pool, have a "typical" meal and then go down to the aging cellars...He told me that he has some product that is over 100 years old :shock: . I can't wait. And then on sunday (if i'm still standing) we'll visit the area around his spread. Should be a good one. I just wish i had a female friend to bring along. :wink:

Ahhh bugger! I'd come with you if I lived in France!! We could talk Zappa and sup Armagnac....marvellous heh. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:52 am 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Ahhh bugger! I'd come with you if I lived in France!! We could talk Zappa and sup Armagnac....marvellous heh. :wink:

Gee Aspy that does sound mawvellous indeed ! Of course we'll need the little english convertible to roam around the country side....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:57 am 

The_Acadian_2 wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:

Gee Aspy that does sound mawvellous indeed ! Of course we'll need the little english convertible to roam around the country side....

This one any good? My perfect car...1966 red convertible Ford Mustang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:26 am 

Well now this is interesting. I happen to have one just like this one, mothballed in a warehouse in my hometown in Canada. I expect to have it shipped over hear by the time my son is 18 yrs old.

It's not a convertible but it's a looker....I'm going to have to pm you more... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:11 am 

Hahah how freaky is that?! Yes, PM me! That car rules, what year is that one...,77? I always said if I had the cash, my perfect car would be a 1966 Ford Mustang, or I'd have a VW Karmann Ghia in red or black. Niiiice... Seems I may well have the cash soon too, so I might just be looking for one!
It's been my childhood dream for as long as I can remember. I used to go to Santa Pod in Cambridgeshire, UK, for the Bug Jam / Dragster weekends. Every kind of VW Beetle under the sun (apart from those 'orrible new ones, as this was 1991). Split screen camper vans, the VW Beetles with the oval rear windows...amazing. Loads of Karmann Ghias too. Gorgeous cars. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:55 am 

I think i'm in love ! Zappa AND muscle cars ! :shock:

She's a 1970 Boss 302 4 speed that my father and i tweaked up to 335 HP. We rebuilt the powertrain,suspension and modified the exhaust, you could burn rubber through 3 of 4 gears.

I always found that the Karmann ghia was THE coolest car ever made. A good friend of mine had 6 or 7 of them 20 yrs ago. He was gaga about that car. He and i would roam around the country side visiting car heaps looking for them. We actually saved a poor old 1964 Pontiac GTO from slow death. We bought the poor thing for like 100 $ and he spent 7yrs (and untold thousands more $) to bring it back to life. It's a beautiful beast now sitting in his garage. (and worth god knows how much!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:09 am 

The_Acadian_2 wrote:
I think i'm in love ! Zappa AND muscle cars ! :shock:

Hehehe...what can I say!

Quote:
She's a 1970 Boss 302 4 speed that my father and i tweaked up to 335 HP. We rebuilt the powertrain,suspension and modified the exhaust, you could burn rubber through 3 of 4 gears.

Samrt stuff, you sure know your cars! Must be so rewarding doing a car up and restoring it to its former glory. They dont make 'em like that any more!

Quote:
I always found that the Karmann ghia was THE coolest car ever made. A good friend of mine had 6 or 7 of them 20 yrs ago. He was gaga about that car. He and i would roam around the country side visiting car heaps looking for them. We actually saved a poor old 1964 Pontiac GTO from slow death. We bought the poor thing for like 100 $ and he spent 7yrs (and untold thousands more $) to bring it back to life. It's a beautiful beast now sitting in his garage. (and worth god knows how much!)

Now that sounds amazing, travelling round looking for them!! Hahaha!
Does he use the Pontiac or not?
I bet France has some beautiful areas to go driving around in...some lovely country roads...ahhh peaceful eh? That is the life! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:32 am 

I crashed a yellow kharminn ghia into a mail box once ha ha. my cousin should have never let me drive it i was just 15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:04 pm 

studabaker_hop wrote:
I crashed a yellow kharminn ghia into a mail box once ha ha. my cousin should have never let me drive it i was just 15

Hahaha stu! Bet your cousin wasn't pleased. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:33 pm 

Beautiful car. This one is from 1958.

Hope it wasn't this one you crashed into a mail box, stu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:43 pm 

Gorgeous Fritz...they are such lovely looking cars, and I just love the sound of their engines. Big fat loud engines! 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next