Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: FOX NEWS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:45 am 

Nobody enjoys pasting pictures to himself more than Jimmy D. If he would record the conversations that he has with himself while on the toilet, I bet he could make millions in the "interview with a lunatic" market.<br><br>I bet you're bummed that you can't paste graphics into the "subject" field.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:34 am 

ImageImage<br><br>ImageImage<br><br>ImageImage<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:52 am 

Image<br><br>never seen any fox....i live in a tv-free environment ;D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:08 am 

A little report in the local Newspaper revealed that more people getting TV on cable, here in Québec, would chose Al-Jaira (spelling = ?) over FOX. It was not a small margin, I have to say.<br>Go figure !

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:44 am 

uhm,<br><br>I like Fox News.<br><br>I thought they had great coverage of the war and they supported the guys out there risking their necks.<br>I have no problem with that.<br><br>But then again, I am a Republican with family members in the service.<br><br>So, now the liberals won't like me. (?)<br>Well, if so, that's okay.<br>I would still share my beef jerky with you unless you tried to hog it all or salivated on it.<br><br>For the record ~ I watched all channels and even read the Al Jazeerah and Freespeech.org sites for an attempt to understand the "bigger" picture.<br><br>In hind sight, I think Fox got it right.<br><br>They could have wrapped naked fem anchors in the flag though to give our boys watching over there the "that's what we're fighting for" sensation. <br>And let's not forget, they WERE watching.<br>So if you wanna' call it "propaganda" fine.<br>I look at it as good for morale.<br><br>They shoulda' done more "falling statue" reports too.<br><br>Wanna' talk about BIASED coverage?<br>Let's talk NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO.<br>There for quite a while - all the news segments had weepy, sympathetic sounding Arabic flavored transistion music.<br><br>Put Kate Smith back on the air, dang it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:04 am 

I would rather suck diarrhoea through a damp football sock than swallow the FOX NEWS line.<br><br>Rupert Murdoch is a manipulative old rock spider and generally not a nice person (even if he smiles a lot).<br><br>jimmie d  is  cool.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:35 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1050069407;start=0#13 date=05/24/03 at 01:23:56]<br>Today I saw Lou Dobbs admit on CNN that AOL has closed down its customer service center in Columbus Ohio, and moved all those jobs to India.[/quote]<br><br>Oh, boy! Another company moving to India. I know I'm going off topic here, but I'm sick of companies pulling this shit. A lot of Americans are out of work because companies are moving their operations to India to take advantage of the meager standard of living there. I used to work for a financial services company that has an office in India. Last year, they flew 30 Indians to the U.S. for a month, housed them 10 to a room in a cheap hotel, paid for a shuttle van to bring them in the morning, made us train them to do our work (though they never got it right), and sent them back to India. The accounting department had a bad habit of printing out financial info in my work area, so I was able to estimate that they were getting paid probably a little more than $20K to do the same work that we were getting paid at least $30K to do. The company started laying off some U.S. workers a couple of months ago. Also, the Indian employees supposedly were never bonded like the American employees, and this company is contracted by E-Trade to process its brokerage accounts. Any of you peoples E-Trade customers?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:30 pm 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=general;num=1050069407;start=15#17 date=05/24/03 at 14:10:42]<br><br><br>(But remember: We've got to keep that Liberal News Media in check! Don't we?)[/quote]<br><br>Yes, we couldn't have them stumbling on any self-evident truths, could we?  They might spoil things for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:47 pm 

Eww, MacDonalds. I hear they're serving burgers in the back! If you go for burgers then you'll love these.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:26 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1050069407;start=0#12 date=05/24/03 at 01:23:56]<br>Well, Lets_Be_Fraynk, you make some good points. To be honest, FOX News did a pretty good job of reporting what was going on with the war. They showed a lot of raw news footage, which is what viewers need to figure out what's going on in a war. Although the embedded reporters concept is not perfect, it's certainly better than what has happened in previous wars.<br><br>But let's consider a specific case: Geraldo Rivera vs. Peter Arnett. Arnett - who was working for NBC - was one of the last American reporters in Baghdad when the war began. He did an interview with an Iraqi official, in which he expressed skepticism that the war was necessary. FOX News absolutely pounded both Arnett and NBC. So did Chris Matthews, who works for NBC. Arnett was fired within 24 hours of doing that interview.<br><br>Geraldo Rivera - with FOX News - was an embedded reporter with the US 3rd Infantry. On live TV he drew a map in the sand to show where his unit was and where it was headed. Commentators on NBC - as well as CBS, ABC and CNN - pounded Rivera and FOX News. Not a single person on FOX News - including Bill O'Reilly - said a word.<br><br>FOX News never holds back on any story that denigrates the New York Times. Why? Because FOX is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who also owns the main competitor of the New York Times (the New York Post).<br><br>Yesterday I saw the executive editor of Time Magazine being interviewed by Charlie Rose. He pointed out that his contract stipulates that he will investigate and report any kind of wrongdoing by AOL/Time/Warner. Today I saw Lou Dobbs admit on CNN that AOL has closed down its customer service center in Columbus Ohio, and moved all those jobs to India. Both these guys work for AOL/Time/Warner.<br><br>So while I agree with your idea that we as Americans need to support our troops, I don't feel that we need to support a corporation that won't even admit its own conflict of interest. I get both CNN and FOX News:  if I have to choose which one is miore fair and balanced, I'll pick CNN any day. <br><br>Plus I don't have to listen to CNN telling me how fair and balanced they are.....[/quote]<br><br>Yes, Geraldo is a grand-standing star-studded goober for sure.<br>Can anyone say "Al Capone's Vault"?<br>However, I don't think Rivera's sand-a-gram was anything but asinine on his part and he was re-located (after the US told him to beat it).<br>However, Arnett's interview was calculated and malevolent and he got what he deserved.<br><br>ps O' Reilly kicked Donohue's butt off the air and without Hannity there would be no Colmes, IMO.<br><br>They must be doin' something right.<br><br>Y'all talk like it's Pravda.<br>