Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Worst ever lyrics
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:54 am 

"I tell you I'm as serious as cancer<br>When I tell you rhythm is a dancer"<br><br>Snap - Rhythm is a dancer<br><br>This has got to be the worst EVER line I've heard in a song ! Absolute crap !!!<br> :o

Post subject: Re: Worst ever lyrics
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:56 am 

The bigger the cushion<br>The sweeter the pushin'<br><br>...<br><br><br>Big bottom, big bottom<br>Talk about mudflaps<br>my girl got 'em<br><br>"Big bottom" from Spinal Tap<br><br>I don't now if these are the exact words but I think you get the point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:09 pm 

Blue Note board had a long discussion on this topic. A lot of masterpieces!<br><br>http://www.bluenote.com/bulletinboard/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=001544

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:23 pm 

I am sure everybody will agree that lyrics, any lyrics, will never get worse than this:<br><br>"When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do<br>Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue"<br><br>From A Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:45 pm 

[quote author=Harry-as-a-boy link=board=general;num=1042649696;start=0#5 date=01/15/03 at 15:23:51]I am sure everybody will agree that lyrics, any lyrics, will never get worse than this:<br><br>"When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do<br>Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue"<br><br>From A Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins.<br><br>This one is particularly nice given that 'blue' means 'gay' in Russian  ;)...<br><br><br>[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:29 pm 

" If you can´t eat it or fuck it....<br>   Then Kill it!!"<br><br>That´s by a band called Carnivore. It was written by Peter Steele, who´s nowadays known for being the frontman of type o negative. I bet he was wearing a newspaper ´round his head when he wrote that...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:54 pm 

I can't remember the name of the group, Silver Convention, I think it was, and their "hit"---a very early disco tune, "Fly Robin Fly"<br><br><br>     Fly Robin, fly. Up, up to the sky.<br><br><br>This is the song in it's entirety, with the words sung over and over, and disco poot all over da place...........Hotcha! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:12 am 

<<'blue' means 'gay' in Russian>><br>?? what? are you kidding? unbelievable... :o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:14 am 

The world is full of cool lyrics,<br>in fact, there are no bad lyrics,<br>if you don't believe that,<br>watch these: <br>"help, I need somebody, help ..."<br>or <br>"she loves you, yeah yeah yeah"<br>or<br>"she's got a ticket to ride"<br><br>these are all very sensitive lyrics with a very deep background,<br><br>don't you agree? ahoy, Ray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:59 am 

[quote author=white person link=board=general;num=1042649696;start=0#6 date=01/15/03 at 15:41:56]Well, the lyrics (chorii especially) of MacArthur Park and Horse With No Name have clung to the canyons of my mind like cranial dingleberries for lo these many years. I'm not gonna spew 'em out here...you've heard 'em, you know they suck.<br><br> :P[/quote]<br><br>MacArthur Park- You must really hate that song.  ;)<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:17 am 

She is D -disirable<br>she is I  - irrisistable<br>she is S - super sexy<br>she is C -hazy crazy<br>she is O-o-o<br>D.I.S.C.O.   D.I.S.C.O.<br><br>thanks to Otawan for that hazy crazy masterpiece

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:23 am 

Well,<br>     Amon Duul's "Wolf City" LP had some horrible lyrics...like the song "Green Bubble Rain-coated Man"!They sang about "frogmen" a lot...I don't think they knew what they were saying.They are German and seemed to know little English.It was weird though,their earlier Lps had fathomable lyrics and song titles.What happened?!<br>    The Flower Kings' (I think it's)"Psychedelic Pie" really sucks too!  Something like "We'll fly the Psychedelic Pie,Right into the sky...",you know what I mean?Every line ends in rhyme. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:27 pm 

"Shot through the heart, and you're to blame,  you give love, a bad name-a bad name"<br><br>"Tonight, Tonight, Tonight, Woe-oe, We're Gonna Make It Right, Tonight, Tonight, Woe-oe"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:35 pm 

Got mashed potatoes<br>Got mashed potatoes<br>Got mashed potatoes<br>Ain't got no T-Bone<br>Ain't got no T-Bone[repeat 100 times]<br><br>Neil Young "T-Bone"<br><br>Not really the worst lyrics ever. Not even bad lyrics....so, nevermind.  <br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:29 pm 

I've got no kick against modern jaaaaazz<br>Unless they try to play it too darn faaaaast<br>And change the beauty of the melodeeeee<br>Until it sounds just like a symphoneeeeee<br>        "Rock and Roll Music"<br><br>These lyrics have annoyed the hell out of me for THIRTY-FIVE YEARS!!!

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:42 am 

"I love dig...."<br>-George Harrison<br><br><br><br>hmmm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next