Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 9/11
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:19 pm 

Post subject: Re: 9/11
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:46 am 

Living alone back then, I woke up that day around 9am and read a Mickey Spillane story for about an hour before switching on the tv. Saw the live transmission of the 2nd tower collapse with my jaw wide open and in a state of disbelief because it seemed like something from a movie. I was glued to the tv for about three days to hear all the reports and speculations.

Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:54 am 

I worked in NYC until 8/31/11. On 9/11, I was working on the top floor of 1500 Market Street in center city Philly. At the time, I was petrified to fly and had just bought tickets to fly out to California to see Oysterhead in the fall of 2011. I was sitting in my new office in Philly when my boss called me from NYC to see if I'd hear that a plane had just flown into the Trade Center. I thought he was fucking with me because he knew I was getting ready to fly....

By the time I got down to the street and headed home, a few blocks away, the streets of Philly were kind of in a panic. My husband was still asleep when I walked in the bedroom and just turned the TV on. My family didn't know I had moved my office to Philly and they were all in a panic, they couldn't reach me at my NY office, they couldn't get through on my cell because it was a NY number. My coworkers sat at their desks and watched people jumping out of the windows. I don't think I've ever felt so scared.

Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:09 pm 

I was working in Sacramento doing Internet Backbone build-outs for AT&T, we got to work before 6 am and I heard on the radio a plane had hit the WTC.

We were going to be running cable from the Internet room on 7 to the 2nd floor, we had to go through the battery room on 5 that supplied power to 2 floors of internet equipment, we were having our "tailgate" meeting with a crew of 9 installers going over our planned activities and a guy in a suit comes running up saying two planes hit the WTC.

I called my daughters at home and asked them what was going on, she told me so I called the Quality and Safety Director and he told us to stand down and wait for a call.

The call back came and we were instructed to follow our back out procedures and to help AT&T to secure the building and then to go home.

When we were done we were told to use the stairs, it was about noon, we later talked about coming down 9 floors of stairs and how the people at the WTC had to come down 90.

The drive home was spooky because there was almost no one on the road, the I80 I5 interchange is usually bustling at that time on a week day. I got home and put my flag out as I did this morning.

:(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:15 pm 

I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was awakened by a my significant other who in a panic was saying "Oh my God...Oh my God. We're under attack". Like everybody else, I turned on the television to see what was up and found myself glued to it for several days. I had the VCR recording from the moment I woke up until I stopped watching and have all of the real time footage recorded.

My initial response was "Thanks Bush". :roll: The guy, who wasn't even elected, but appointed by a Republican/Libertarian dominated Supreme court who blocked the Florida statewide recount effort, had proven his and his party's complete incompetence right from the get go and the country just fell apart, which we are still recovering from. Libertarians and Republicans don't fucking know how to run a country and should never be allowed to be in any position of power. These same Republicans/Libertarians also used 9/11 as an excuse to start a war in Iraq. Of course, they tried to blame their fuck-ups all on Clinton, despite that they are the ones who controlled every single branch of gov't at the time.

Fast forward to today, 9/11/2014, and now we get a bunch of wacko conspiracy theorists pissing and shitting all over the memories of those who were lost by creating lies like "it was an inside job", just to divert the blame away from the incompetence of Republicans and Libertarians. :roll:

My thoughts and heart goes out to those and their families who have been directly impacted by this act of terrorism and the incompetence.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:38 pm 

Fast forward to today? I've been doing this for thirteen years.

I'm quite tired of it. You can point a finger at me, but it is you that are dishonoring the memory of those that died by honoring those that lied.

Do I really need to drop a link here? If you were even trying to see the truth, you would have seen it by now, but you don't want truth, you want "something to believe in".

...and you absolutely could not live without an enemy. Hate is what you are all about.

So easily duped, so thoroughly conned...and yet, still you insist that your own eyes lie.

On that day, I was working in a skyscraper in Chicago. It's just simple physics. Buildings do not collapse into dust in a matter of seconds because of fire and damage, even structural damage. Buildings shot to pieces by mortar shells don't fall into dust. You know this, but you insist that you cannot be fooled.

It's pathetic. I'm willing to let you have your day of remembrance, but you had to lash out at people that are only trying to help you see. You are desperately hoping that the cover-up stays intact, lest you be shown stupid.

This has been argued to death. The truthers are right, for the most part. Look into it before you judge...here's a good place to start...

www.ae911truth.org

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:01 pm 

The CIA killed Bob Marley, Courtney love had Kurt killed and no-one landed on the moon IMO.

But two planes definitely flew into the WTC.

RIP all those who died....

TT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:03 pm 

Sweet mother of God gentlemen, have you no respect for the thread, especially one where we are trying to relive our experience’s from that dark day, give your account and leave the supposition out… :!:

I challenge you both to come back in and edit out your posts, this will tell us who the real men among you are… :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:35 pm 

Plook wrote:
Sweet mother of God gentlemen, have you no respect for the thread, especially one where we are trying to relive our experience’s from that dark day, give your account and leave the supposition out… :!:

I challenge you both to come back in and edit out your posts, this will tell us who the real men among you are… :idea:

+1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:00 pm 

I was sitting in my car, listening to a last bit of news before going to work. When this story came on it was so horrid and surreal. When I gathered my senses, I called my wife, who happened to be working across the street from the Sears Tower in Chicago that morning. I told her to get out of there and come home, because I'd heard that the Sears Tower was thought to be another target. She said I'm way ahead of you.....

I was watching the original news footage on MSNBC this morning. Really brought it back like the hot kiss at the end of a wet fist. Seriously, that was some shit.

Has anyone seen the Flight 93 movie? It's an excellent movie, based entirely on news reports and passenger phone calls to their families. The people on that plane are true heroes in my book. They fought back to save folks on the ground, while knowing they were all going to die in that plane anyway.

It'll probably be on tonight..... It might be HBO tho.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Last edited by Ronny's Noomies on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:38 pm 

I will be boarding a plane in a few minutes! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:43 pm 

I was at work, but glued to the radio all day. I didn't have a shithead for a boss at the time. We hardly did anything that resembled work that day. Just listened to the radio all day, and couldn't believe what was happening.

My parents were married on September 11, 1964. Today is their 50th anniversary. They don't even really get to celebrate their day, because it is tarnished now forever.

RIP to all the victims that day! And much love to all those families left behind, who can no longer celebrate the anniversaries, birthdays, etc. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:46 pm 

I was watching Imus In The Morning on MSNBC that morning. Warner Wolf, the part-time sports newscaster for the show, was enjoying a day off when he telephoned to the show and was put on the air. He said that he has a view of the Twin Towers from his apartment, and he just saw what looked like a plane crash into one of the buildings. The Imus crew joked that a pilot of a small plane must have fucked up. I surfed all the news channels and network television, but no one was talking about this. As far as I know, Warner Wolf, sports newscaster, broke the story.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:14 pm 

I was in a 7am est meeting that ended around 8:30. Afterward, a bunch of us were standing around bullshitting when a woman got a call from her daughter telling her that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center. We all just kind of shrugged it off, thinking a small plane had lost control. She then got a second call from her daughter, looked at us and said, "Another plane flew into the World Trade Center". So help me, my first thought was that a second small plane had been checking out the damage from the first plane and had gotten too close.

A few minutes later, this other guy and I walked out of the room and into the hotel lobby where a giant screen tv showed the two towers burning. We just kind of stupidly stared at the tv, literally not comprehending what was happening. I remember looking at him and saying, "What the fuck is going on?" and him just shaking his head like he didn't know, but not looking away from the tv.

As we stood there someone announced that the Pentagon had been hit. That's when it hit us. Rather than head into work, I rushed home to tell my wife who was with my two young sons. She was in the bedroom vaccuming and hadn't heard the phone ringing with people calling her. There were about 7 unanswered messages on the phone. I turned on the tv and we watched the south tower collapse. What a day.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:15 pm 

Just watching some anniversary footage of various news crews walking the streets and capturing images and scenes. Witnessing the NYFD getting suited up and heading into the 2nd tower knowing that they are going to their deaths is chilling. They had to climb to 78th or 80th floors with about 100 lbs of equipment. Even a person in top physical condition would be worn out rather quickly. Fucking Pandemonium!

Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:14 am 

Verily Unto Thee, man:::
Watching the towers sink my heart sang.
Overwhelming first thought:
How can I use this to score political points?
No horror
No outrage over who was flying that plane
Not at all.
This was like a dream come true.
Validation of my personal Crusade
The greatest day of my life.
Now all will inherit my Brilliance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:29 pm 

deuce wrote:
The CIA killed Bob Marley, Courtney love had Kurt killed and no-one landed on the moon IMO.

But two planes definitely flew into the WTC.

RIP all those who died....

TT

Exactly.

A rope leash wrote:
some misguided reasoning, lack of actual knowledge and gullibility all wrapped into a post that I won't bother to repost
The conspiracy theorist bullshit is a total dishonor to the victims. Totally lame. A rope leash is a complete tool. A complete gullible tool. :roll:

btw - the buildings didn't collapse in a matter of seconds. High intensity heated rocket fuel burning at between 4500 and 5800 degrees in the buildings for an hour would, could, and definitely did take them down. Apparently conspiracy theorists have no knowledge of this newfangled invention called science and physics, just the bullshit they read on them internets. Working in a building does not make one a demolitions or architectural expert. :roll: