Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: THE LOOTING OF AMERICA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:30 am 

Just wondering if anyone would like to discuss...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-2 ... ng-america

From the link:

"Give a small number of people the power to enrich themselves beyond everyone's wildest dreams, a philosophical rationale to explain all the damage they're causing, and they will not stop until they've run the world economy off a cliff."
Philipp Meyer

"Wall Street is not being made a scapegoat for this crisis: they really did this."
Michael Lewis

"My daughter asked me when she came home from school, “What’s the financial crisis?” and I said, it’s something that happens every five to seven years."
Jamie Dimon

"The greatest tragedy would be to accept the refrain that no one could have seen this coming, and thus nothing could have been done. If we accept this notion, it will happen again."
Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission (2009–2011)

The US has been in a cycle of bubbles, busts, and crashes since at least 1995, and more likely since Alan Greenspan became the Chairman of the Federal Reserve in August, 1987.

The cycle is the same, only the depth and duration seems to change in a continuing 'wash and rinse' of the public money and the real economy.

It has become a machine for transferring income, wealth, ownership, and power to the very top.

This is not 'the new normal.' This is financial corruption and the erosion of systemic integrity.

Are there any markets that have not been shown to have been systematically manipulated, for years?
This is just institutionalized looting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:09 pm 

Did I hear correctly? Did you move out to CA, rope, or did I get that all wrong? More people out there are willing and able to talk about such things and have been. People in other places, certain pockets, have a harder time finding out enough bits to put together, to connect the dots and make sense of it all. I saw the contraction coming at least a dozen years ago. Didn't think people would let it go on to such disastrous lengths. I feel I complained about it a lot here 5-7 years ago. There's stuff people can do to counter the looting, as you put it. Keep asking questions. Put up with people treating you like a rube to learn what they know. Nobody has all the answers. Some are far better than others.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:34 pm 

Yeah, I've moved to southern California. Not sure if I'll make it.

I'm pretty old to just now be learning about how the monetary system works. That's a great FDR quote, by the way.

I like the Zero Hedge website, as they seem to have a more realistic outlook than some of the more mainstream sites. Of course, I don't have a dime to invest, but I do find it quite interesting how money actually works. The comments at the website are also very informative and often really hilarious.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - Henry Ford

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... TgvvZcR.99