Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Perhaps
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:56 am 

... apparently I am crossing some invisible line here. No, not leaving.
What I am thinking (uh oh!) is this: Perhaps you could tell me exactly what it is
that I am doing that seems to be causing this ripple of aggravation.

You'll notice that I did not address any one person in particular.
In other words, this thread is custom made and unisex.

I am hoping we can - as a group... as 1 entity - come to a conclusion.
I understand this may take a series of suggestions and spats. I am fine with that.
What is the old saying... "you have to crack a few eggs to eggs to make an omelette".
I'd rather crack a few smiles, and make a friend sandwich.

A couple things to remember:

1. There are no wrong answers.

2. This means you.

Sound like a plan?

your favorite polecat wolf pup,
lapsed maps

Post subject: Re: Perhaps
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:19 am 

Hi LM.
I haven't got a problem with you at all, but if I had to analyse your 'performance', maybe the results might show thus...
1/. 600+posts in a month - thats a lot.
2/. a reasonable amount of 'quoting' and critiquing of comments (like 'good post') included there.
3/. the conjoined words thing spilling onto several threads.
4/. misunderstanding arkays post - IMO it was adding to the humourous angle of the previous posts.
5/. maybe there's not enough 'engagement' of the members, and too much 'entertaining yourself'.
There is evidence of members trying to be accommodating - so keep it up.
TT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:42 am 

maps wrote:
What is the old saying... "you have to crack a few eggs to eggs to make an omelette".
I'd rather crack a few smiles, and make a friend sandwich.

Are you Titone's brother? :wink: 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:48 pm 

deuce wrote:
Hi LM.
I haven't got a problem with you at all, but if I had to analyse your 'performance', maybe the results might show thus...
1/. 600+posts in a month - thats a lot.
2/. a reasonable amount of 'quoting' and critiquing of comments (like 'good post') included there.
3/. the conjoined words thing spilling onto several threads.
4/. misunderstanding arkays post - IMO it was adding to the humourous angle of the previous posts.
5/. maybe there's not enough 'engagement' of the members, and too much 'entertaining yourself'.
There is evidence of members trying to be accommodating - so keep it up.
TT

Thanks double T. Noted and appreciated.
Also, thank you for not taking that friend sandwich thing the wrong way.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:49 pm 

coevad wrote:
Are you Titone's brother? :wink: 8) :lol:

Should I "get" that?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:04 pm 

I personally have no problem with you. We actually talked on the phone for an hour last weekend. I'm not that much of a phone person unless I enjoy the conversation. I have no clue what the stringing words ordeal is? I don't really understand all the rules, so I don't participate in those threads. TT does raise a point about board presence. Perhaps, some people are annoyed by your almost 13 post a day average? Perhaps, some people might think you are trying to force them to be your friend? Perhaps, the way you talk in riddles all the time annoys some people? Just speculating.

I will say this. I do appreciate the behind the scenes support you have given me in my life's struggles. We can be friends, but that sandwich will have to be a Philly Cheese Steak. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:59 pm 

It’s not the number of posts, since I pulled out my Crapdetector first I will ring in.

First and foremost I think your intelligent, witty, and can be an asset to our little family here.

Second you came in and seemed a lot like a couple of posters that were around for a while and drove everyone nuts (Saber Tooth Fairy and Hobby Stuff). One or both left and tried to return under other names but could only play it straight for about two weeks and exposed themselves again (they kinda got ran off).

Unfortunately for you your writing format and style is very similar to theirs and it made you pop up on the radar immediately (I was contacted by more than one person who was suspicious), probably causing you confusion because I can now see that you have no relationship to them other than your quirky style.

Third I think you have been doing great for the last couple of weeks, you settled in, found your rhythm and it seems cool.

Fourth the dust up with Arkay is to be expected in this format because the written word is easily miss-understood. Also we are all different people no matter how much we have in common arguments and discontent occur at times and sometimes between people who have previously gotten along…shit happens.

Fifth we are all smart (and I know I am the Ringo of the Band…lol) and sarcastic, with weird sense of humor (to be expected on a Zappa site)…that alone can cause trouble occasionally.

I think once we get to know you better and you understand us better we can all love each other long time.

I knew you weren’t a troll when you didn’t go in to my thread and desecrate the sacred ground I consider it to be and I thank you for that.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:16 pm 

Plook wrote:
It’s not the number of posts, since I pulled out my Crapdetector first I will ring in.

First and foremost I think your intelligent, witty, and can be an asset to our little family here.

Second you came in and seemed a lot like a couple of posters that were around for a while and drove everyone nuts (Saber Tooth Fairy and Hobby Stuff). One or both left and tried to return under other names but could only play it straight for about two weeks and exposed themselves again (they kinda got ran off).

Unfortunately for you your writing format and style is very similar to theirs and it made you pop up on the radar immediately (I was contacted by more than one person who was suspicious), probably causing you confusion because I can now see that you have no relationship to them other than your quirky style.

Third I think you have been doing great for the last couple of weeks, you settled in, found your rhythm and it seems cool.

Fourth the dust up with Arkay is to be expected in this format because the written word is easily miss-understood. Also we are all different people no matter how much we have in common arguments and discontent occur at times and sometimes between people who have previously gotten along…shit happens.

Fifth we are all smart (and I know I am the Ringo of the Band…lol) and sarcastic, with weird sense of humor (to be expected on a Zappa site)…that alone can cause trouble occasionally.

I think once we get to know you better and you understand us better we can all love each other long time.

I knew you weren’t a troll when you didn’t go in to my thread and desecrate the sacred ground I consider it to be and I thank you for that.

This is all bullshit. It's the way you comb your hair. Do something about it. Then we'll accept you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:25 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:

This is all bullshit. It's the way you comb your hair. Do something about it. Then we'll accept you.

This will require professional advice.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13180

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:27 pm 

That's right Cal I still have an unanswered question over there... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:16 pm 

Who the hell would name a thread perhaps? That takes a lot of nerve if you ask me.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:01 am 

Philostopher wrote:
Perhaps, some people are annoyed by your almost 13 post a day average?

Yeah, I am a shy person.
*takes more notes* "break out of shell!"

Philostopher wrote:
some people might think you are trying to force them to be your friend?

I wouldn't say "force", but if they don't... I will smash them with my fists.

Philostopher wrote:
Perhaps, the way you talk in riddles all the time annoys some people?

Perhaps.
But those people will have to work to be my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:19 am 

Plook wrote:
the dust up with Arkay

About that... I don't really see it as a "dust up" (that means "minature argument", right?).
I view that thing as a healthy and cute push-n-pull.

Plook wrote:

riddles/yuks aside and turned off - Yeah man, I wouldn't do that. I am not a cruel person.
+ I have no problem with you.

Plook wrote:
you came in and seemed a lot like a couple of posters that were around for a while and drove everyone nuts (Saber Tooth Fairy and Hobby Stuff). One or both left and tried to return under other names but could only play it straight for about two weeks and exposed themselves again (they kinda got ran off).

Yeah, I can guarantee (for what it is worth) that I am not a former poster.
I am a complete and total newcomer.

I play the whip on the cymbals of the fog.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:23 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
It's the way you comb your hair. Do something about it.

Oh cal, you make me feel so pretty.

(I don't comb my hair)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:25 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Who the hell would name a thread perhaps? That takes a lot of nerve if you ask me.

Heh, you should see me on the shuffleboard!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:36 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:

Heh, you should see me on the shuffleboard!

Perhaps you're a dab hand on the ouija board as well, and Scrabble, forget about it.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:47 am 

Forget about what?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:52 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
Forget about what?

Scrabble......you're just too good

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:50 am 

period

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:14 am 

It's your hairspray or something...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:36 am 

Where I come from, good use of sarcasm is an art form. I get some good entertainment from a lot of you forumers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:48 am 

I've been trying to remember a quote from some random tv show I saw 6 months or so ago. Someone is talking about The South with its good cooking and characteristic style and the reply was a sarcastic, "Well, I'm from the Midwest, we only have sarcasm". Kernel of truth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:52 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I've been trying to remember a quote from some random tv show I saw 6 months or so ago. Someone is talking about The South with its good cooking and characteristic style and the reply was a sarcastic, "Well, I'm from the Midwest, we only have sarcasm". Kernel of truth.

Perhaps not... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:10 pm 

That's so interesting, Arkay.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:24 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

That's so interesting, Arkay.

Was that a little close to the cornhusk Cal.... :mrgreen: