Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:20 am 

sleeping in a jar wrote:
brainpang wrote:
a zappa fans nose i wripped off his ugly motherfucking face circa 1977 14th street. pussies, like all y'all. brooklyn and queens boys spells it out. insert here. 12 bucks.

did he say, "leave my nose alone, please..." :?

He's got a nose and he knows where it goes... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:59 pm 

Trendmonger's anal virginity. Latest offer: $1.27. There's a lot of skepticism out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
Trendmonger's anal virginity. Latest offer: $1.27. There's a lot of skepticism out there.

The brown nose might be more valuable - it's from a celebrity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:51 pm 

Wish I could make the claim to having sold this but one of the best things ever sold on Ebay, Blackness:

http://obadike.tripod.com/ebay.html

Quote:
This heirloom has been in the possession of the seller for twenty-eight years. Mr. Obadike's Blackness has been used primarily in the United States and its functionality outside of the US cannot be guaranteed. Buyer will receive a certificate of authenticity. Benefits and Warnings Benefits: 1. This Blackness may be used for creating black art. 2. This Blackness may be used for writing critical essays or scholarship about other blacks. 3. This Blackness may be used for making jokes about black people and/or laughing at black humor comfortably. (Option#3 may overlap with option#2) 4. This Blackness may be used for accessing some affirmative action benefits. (Limited time offer. May already be prohibited in some areas.) 5. This Blackness may be used for dating a black person without fear of public scrutiny. 6. This Blackness may be used for gaining access to exclusive, "high risk" neighborhoods. 7. This Blackness may be used for securing the right to use the terms 'sista', 'brotha', or 'nigga' in reference to black people. (Be sure to have certificate of authenticity on hand when using option 7). 8. This Blackness may be used for instilling fear. 9. This Blackness may be used to augment the blackness of those already black, especially for purposes of playing 'blacker-than-thou'. 10. This Blackness may be used by blacks as a spare (in case your original Blackness is whupped off you.) Warnings: 1. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used during legal proceedings of any sort. 2. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while seeking employment. 3. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used in the process of making or selling 'serious' art. 4. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while shopping or writing a personal check. 5. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while making intellectual claims. 6. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while voting in the United States or Florida. 7. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while demanding fairness. 8. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while demanding. 9. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used in Hollywood. 10. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used by whites looking for a wild weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 pm 

zzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by pedro2 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:52 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Why the hell would you post this FAKE ad ??? :twisted: :evil:

And some people here call me a racist :roll:

I am afraid you missed the point. It was NOT a fake ad. It was a real ad posted by a BLACK artist, attempting to make an ANTI-racist commentary:

http://blacknetart.com/coco.html

Quote:
Keith Townsend Obadike is a multimedia artist based in New Haven. Last month he attempted to sell his blackness on ebay as a net.performance. The description of what buyers would obtain in exchange for money was full of ironic but ellusive references to the history of objectifying black bodies in the slave trade and the contemporary commodifying of black culture. He received a wide range of responses from ebay visitors, black entrepreneurs, and European net.art curators.

But someone sure sounds sensitive about potentially being labled a racist.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:22 pm 

zzzz

Last edited by pedro2 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:43 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
That was an ad from 2001 and taken down by Ebay in one day.

By what criteria would you call that auction :? Anti-Racist ?

Yes, it was an ad from 2001 and taken down after four, not one as you have suggested. I never claimed anything else. I simply said that it was NOT a fake ad, as you claimed that it was. As for the Anti-racist:

Quote:
Warnings: 1. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used during legal proceedings of any sort. 2. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while seeking employment. 3. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used in the process of making or selling 'serious' art. 4. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while shopping or writing a personal check. 5. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while making intellectual claims. 6. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while voting in the United States or Florida. 7. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while demanding fairness. 8. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while demanding. 9. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used in Hollywood.

If it is difficult for you to understand the message, it is an attempt to point out the potential injustices blacks have experienced while seeking employment, trying to get a fiar trial, trying to be taken seriously by the art world, shopping and being assumed to be a thief or a writer of bad checks, having fair voting rights, or expecting to be treated fairly in general terms. He is claiming if you were to buy his blackness, you would have the difficulties he described above.

I must admit, I have a difficult time imagining how you could not see that was his intent. Was he CORRECT to say that all of these injustices have occured? Yes, they HAVE occured. Are they still happening TODAY on a regular basis? I honestly don't think they are nearly as widespread as they once were, but that does not mean that they have never happened.

Or, is it just your opinion that anyone attempting to point out any sort of racial injustice must themselves be racist? Is even making any comment about racism AT ALL racist to you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm 

duchamp wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
That was an ad from 2001 and taken down by Ebay in one day.

By what criteria would you call that auction :? Anti-Racist ?

Yes, it was an ad from 2001 and taken down after four, not one as you have suggested. I never claimed anything else. I simply said that it was NOT a fake ad, as you claimed that it was. As for the Anti-racist:

Quote:
Warnings: 1. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used during legal proceedings of any sort. 2. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while seeking employment. 3. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used in the process of making or selling 'serious' art. 4. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while shopping or writing a personal check. 5. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while making intellectual claims. 6. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while voting in the United States or Florida. 7. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while demanding fairness. 8. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used while demanding. 9. The Seller does not recommend that this Blackness be used in Hollywood.

If it is difficult for you to understand the message, it is an attempt to point out the potential injustices blacks have experienced while seeking employment, trying to get a fiar trial, trying to be taken seriously by the art world, shopping and being assumed to be a thief or a writer of bad checks, having fair voting rights, or expecting to be treated fairly in general terms. He is claiming if you were to buy his blackness, you would have the difficulties he described above.

I must admit, I have a difficult time imagining how you could not see that was his intent. Was he CORRECT to say that all of these injustices have occured? Yes, they HAVE occured. Are they still happening TODAY on a regular basis? I honestly don't think they are nearly as widespread as they once were, but that does not mean that they have never happened.

Or, is it just your opinion that anyone attempting to point out any sort of racial injustice must themselves be racist? Is even making any comment about racism AT ALL racist to you?

I have known and presently know many Blacks and although racism has lessoned, it is still alive and well in the USA today, some aspects of it will not die until most of us are gone because the people who still pramote it will have to die to stop. I may have mentioned this before but a lot of people (and they are nice people) in my area are closet racists, they will act right when a black person is present or they are not well known to everyone present, but if they believe they are amongst friends...away we go and the N-bomb be ah dropping, this is not exclusive to where I live...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:19 pm 

"Closet Racism" is something that all races have in common.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:32 pm 

KillUgly2 wrote:

And a few other things :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 pm 

cleon wrote:
KillUgly2 wrote:

And a few other things :mrgreen:

...including African ancestors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:48 pm 

We're so racist here in Ontario that our official Groundhog Day groundhog (Wiarton Willie) is white! And...we're proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:15 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
We're so racist here in Ontario that our official Groundhog Day groundhog (Wiarton Willie) is white! And...we're proud of it!

Does he have a shaved head and tats... :smoke: