Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Iran Invasion Inevitable
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:16 am 

While listening to NPR and reading the article in the following link I predict Bush will start a war with Iran before the end of his term in office creating a bigger mess than the Iraq debacle and failure to capture Bin Ladin for the next administration.

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2006/0 ... 417fa_fact

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:36 am 

Yeah, and Congress last week, both houses passed legislation declaring Iran's army a terrorist group. Last July Tongress appropriated $150 billion for Iraq, they removed the wording requiring Bush to come to Congress first before attacking Iran, basically giving him the green light.

Now that Congress is back from August vacation, they just quietld appropriated ANOTHER $190 BILLION for the Iraq carnage...coupled with Congress declaring Iran army a terrorist group, they are basically good to go.

It makes one ask the question, what kind of country ae we, we legalized warrantless spying, torture, arrest and hold indefinately without charges or a lawyer, first strike wars...and the people that do it are STILL highest in the popularity polls....you talk about voting for someone who will not do these things and you're ridiculed and told to vote for killers because they are the more popular, and not to waste your time on non monied loser candidates.

...what kind of country are we? Spying, aresst without charges, first strike wars and a trillion dollars for corporate carnage in Iraq...is there ANYTHING the big monied candidates could do that would stop the sheep from supporting them? Anything?

Where's the outrage...sure, a few of us forumers are outrages, but look at the massive support these corporate fucks got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:46 am 

The Constitution states CONGRESS shall declare war, there is NO provision for delegation to one man and we're seeing the exact reason Washington said Congress must do it. Congress can't pre-declare war and delegate it off to the president so they can later focus all the blame away from themselves and onto Bush.

Congress shall declare war, that's it, period, end of story.

It's illegal what congress is still doing, but the sheep don't fucking care, go Hillarykiller, crush kill, destroy...we love you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:57 am 

baddy wrote:
...what kind of country are we? Spying, aresst without charges, first strike wars and a trillion dollars for corporate carnage in Iraq...is there ANYTHING the big monied candidates could do that would stop the sheep from supporting them? Anything?

They could try eating a live white American baby on National TV. That might make a dent in the polls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:09 am 

baddy wrote:
Yeah, and Congress last week, both houses passed legislation declaring Iran's army a terrorist group. Last July Tongress appropriated $150 billion for Iraq, they removed the wording requiring Bush to come to Congress first before attacking Iran, basically giving him the green light.

Now that Congress is back from August vacation, they just quietld appropriated ANOTHER $190 BILLION for the Iraq carnage...coupled with Congress declaring Iran army a terrorist group, they are basically good to go.

It makes one ask the question, what kind of country ae we, we legalized warrantless spying, torture, arrest and hold indefinately without charges or a lawyer, first strike wars...and the people that do it are STILL highest in the popularity polls....you talk about voting for someone who will not do these things and you're ridiculed and told to vote for killers because they are the more popular, and not to waste your time on non monied loser candidates.

Where's the outrage...sure, a few of us forumers are outrages, but look at the massive support these corporate fucks got.

Why the country where all the high level Nazi's wound up after world war two, that's what country.

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:55 pm 

feetlightup wrote:
baddy wrote:

They could try eating a live white American baby on National TV. That might make a dent in the polls.

You can say that again...it would be a different story if a trillion dollars worth of bombs and carnage were raining down on the sheep over here, damn straight they'd smarten up in a hurry and stop voting for their border collies!

Seriously though, what's that over a third of a trillion dollars they've passed over to Bush in 3 months?

Have the sheep even heard Eisenhowers words: "Congressional-Industrial-Military-Complex?"

The shits damn outta control, it time to stop voting for Hillary and Rudy now...

THAT'S what I call "voting for losers."

Lol, my boss pissed me off today...can ya tell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:14 pm 

FOWL wrote:
Why the country where all the high level Nazi's wound up after world war two, that's what country.

And the same banks are in control...

Outer frame of the big picture.

I was rather shocked at first to hear that US banks loaned Hitler the money for the buildup, then Europe the money to fight him...a win-win for the Rothchilds and the Warburgs...like Rothchild said, "Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it's laws."

I wish the sheep would wake up soon though, we could live in such a rich and prosperous nation...most of us arent doing so bad seeing that most of us get to live off of just over point five percent of the nations wealth...Imagine if the top 1% richest (who contyrol 39% of the nations wealth), parted with just one percent, all our incomes would more than double. Talk about a rich nation!

Naaaa (or should I say baaaa), let's give the rest of what we got to the rich, Yay Hillary, yay Rudy, am I bending over far enough, or do you want me to get down on my knees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:50 pm 
Banned

Ahhhhh.........a THINK TANK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:45 pm 

At this point I think the impeachment Bush should be pushed to bring a stop to any notion of an Iran invasion. Anybody got a spare hundred million dollars to start a massive PR campaign to counter the pro-war right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:48 pm 

Impeachment is a great idea, except the left is JUST AS PRO WAR AS THE RIGHT!!! In fact I haven't heard any of the candidates on either side as vocal about attacking Iran as Obama.

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:48 am 

FOWL wrote:
Impeachment is a great idea, except the left is JUST AS PRO WAR AS THE RIGHT!!! In fact I haven't heard any of the candidates on either side as vocal about attacking Iran as Obama.
The US public is just exactly what those drooling over the very second an invasion of Iran becomes possible. They're terrified by domestic crime, beg for greater governmental protection, regard what they see happening on TV "crime shows" as reflective of daily reality and "the news" they watch consists mostly of the behavior of so-called "celebrities" with their alcoholism and drug use, who's baby is whose and who deserves to have custody of them, who is wearing what outrageous thing, "wardrobe malfunctions", who is "fat" but is successfully fighting not to be, who is going with or breaking up with whom, etc., ad nauseum -- because all that SHIT is very important to know!
Well, haven't infomercials taken on a credibility no ordinary commercials have ever had? No one behind them is losing any money!
Most everyone takes the whole '08 election and its celebrities very seriously and politically decisive when all it will change is who the Oval Office hood ornament is. The US population still has no idea that they've been told to go fuck themselves!
There has been nothing as pathetic as the sickening spectacle of the anti-war movement in the US repeatedly fall on its face and scamper like scared kids when there was obviously nothing they could do even to slow the warrior juggernaut down by the slightest degree.
This whole so-called "post 9/11 era" has been nothing but horrifying.

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:01 am 

Batchain1001 wrote:
FOWL wrote:
The US public is just exactly what those drooling over the very second an invasion of Iran becomes possible. They're terrified by domestic crime, beg for greater governmental protection, regard what they see happening on TV "crime shows" as reflective of daily reality and "the news" they watch consists mostly of the behavior of so-called "celebrities" with their alcoholism and drug use, who's baby is whose and who deserves to have custody of them, who is wearing what outrageous thing, "wardrobe malfunctions", who is "fat" but is successfully fighting not to be, who is going with or breaking up with whom, etc., ad nauseum -- because all that SHIT is very important to know!
Well, haven't infomercials taken on a credibility no ordinary commercials have ever had? No one behind them is losing any money!
Most everyone takes the whole '08 election and its celebrities very seriously and politically decisive when all it will change is who the Oval Office hood ornament is. The US population still has no idea that they've been told to go fuck themselves!
There has been nothing as pathetic as the sickening spectacle of the anti-war movement in the US repeatedly fall on its face and scamper like scared kids when there was obviously nothing they could do even to slow the warrior juggernaut down by the slightest degree.

--Bat

So So true Bat! I used to live next to the US 15 years ago and felt that your society was failing. But now a days the "Decline of the American Empire" seems to be completely underway! Unfortunatly it's probly going to take a war and an economic depression, the likes of which we have never known to make people wake the fuck up. But the sheep will not have time to wake up and will just be led to the slaughter house...for free!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:43 am 

zombie1210 wrote:
Ahhhhh.........a THINK TANK!

Actually, it is not.

There is no rocket science going on anywhere in the above threads.

There are only two things going on above threads, one is simple facts that are kept off the TV and therefore out of the minds of the sheep...and the other thing going on is basic minimum morals required by us all, basically, stop paying through the nose to kill your brothers in corporate resource wars.

To put those 2 things together, it's not rocket science to understand that voting for corporate fucks causes a lot of murders.

Simple, simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:02 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
At this point I think the impeachment Bush should be pushed to bring a stop to any notion of an Iran invasion. Anybody got a spare hundred million dollars to start a massive PR campaign to counter the pro-war right?

Survey says....

FOWL wrote:

Ding-ding-ding-ding...This IS the #1 answer given by our studio audience, (congressional approval is at an all time low, down around 20%)....though the sheep are still pretty much at a loss of what to do about it, voting for someone good instead of someone bad although the ONLY way out, is still not a viable answer to many of the 4 legged variety, (and a lot of the ABBers became so Bush centric that they cannot get out of that mindset in order to be able to see anything else...sure, they know congress is corrupt, but it's just words to many).

Luclily (unless you're one of the innocent families that's already been bombed), they say "things have to get worse before they get better," maybe things have gotten outragous enough (especially with Congress giving Bush .3 trillion for war in just the last 3 months), that enough people WILL go Independent (truly independent, not fake democrat-independemnt), just enough to get an Independent on the debate stage with the two corporate fucks.

For example, I saw in the "email" section at the end of Lou Dobbs the other night, MOST of the emails were disgust at Congress, letters like "I voted Democrat to end the war, now you can add ANOTHER Independent to the list." There were maybe 5 emails, 3-4 of them talked about becoming Independent. Maybe the emails were hand picked, but still, that's powerful stuff putting it on CNN for the sheep to see.

The Democrats and Republicans took over control of the debates from the League of Women Voters, and raised the entry threshold to 15%. They hope that will insure that they will be the only ones on the debate stage from now on. But in 2000, Nader got up to 12.5%, only 2.5% away from hitting the debate stage.

15% gets an Independent on the debate stage, and 34% makes him(her) president..and Nader got to 12.5%. Factor this in with the near universal disgust now at Congress, at trillion dollar PNAC / resource wars, at loss of rights, at loss of medical, at loss of jobs...a lot has changed since 2000, including recently a nice fist fuck from the Democrat Congress. I think about those emails on Lou Dobbs, you never would have seen something like that even a year ago before the Dems took over Congress.

12.5% before all this shit went down, can we get someone 2.5% more this time? Maybe. Word on the street is not static, it's ever changing, it's not the same as it was last year, or as it was in in 04, many more people know now it's not just "Bush's wars."

I've lost hope in the corporate fucks, it's useless to try to lobby them without $20, 000 in your wallet to buy their ear...but when you think about all that's changed since 2000, and all we need is another 2.5% to prevent another "Corporate Fuck Show" posing as a "debate" again.

I think getting on the debate stage is pivotal for many reasons...and we were only 2.5% away before.

Well, you never know how close you are to the pussy ( :) ), ...and maybe you also never even know how close you are to a wonderful, secure, nation of plenty.

It's up to us...literally.

(And PS SPACEBROTHER, I totally agree Bush (and Cheney), need to be impeached, it's is Congresses Constitutional duty. Wouldn't it be nice to have that hundred million you spoke of the get Congress' ear.)

One question is though, if Hillary (or Obama), get's in there, how are we gonna stop HER from attacking Iran?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:08 am 

Batchain1001 wrote:
FOWL wrote:

--Bat

Kudo's Bat, kudo's to all.

One comment, maybe if you tell someone to go fuck themselves enough, they will one day they will rise up flip YOU the bird!

(I don't mean "you" as in you Bat, I mean a hypothetically speaking "you").

IMHO, word on the street, (which we need to support and promote), is we gotta beat these corporate fucks...every voice helps, and everyone who keeps quiet hurts. Keep up the good fight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:22 am 

Ooops, I made a mistake in one of the above...Congress just gave Bush $150 million more for wars....not $190 billion. I think the supplimental's been put off.

Sorry 'bout that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:54 am 

Iran says US too tied up to fight

Washington's military commitments to Iraq and Afghanistan would hamstring an attempt to wage war on Iran, the Iranian foreign minister has said.

"Our analysis is clear: [the] US is not in a position to impose another war in our region, against their taxpayers," Manouchehr Mottaki told reporters.

He warned Washington against making such a "mad decision".

Iran rejects accusations that it is seeking to build atomic weapons under the cover of a nuclear power programme.

Despite its conviction that the US would find launching another military assault extremely taxing, Iran was making preparations for such an attack, Mr Mottaki said on the fringes of a UN General Assembly session in New York.

He said information had been received which gave specific details of planned strikes.

The US says it is pursuing a diplomatic resolution but has refused to rule out a strike against Iran.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7026754.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:47 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Iran says US too tied up to fight

Washington's military commitments to Iraq and Afghanistan would hamstring an attempt to wage war on Iran, the Iranian foreign minister has said.

"Our analysis is clear: [the] US is not in a position to impose another war in our region, against their taxpayers," Manouchehr Mottaki told reporters.

He warned Washington against making such a "mad decision".

Iran rejects accusations that it is seeking to build atomic weapons under the cover of a nuclear power programme.

Despite its conviction that the US would find launching another military assault extremely taxing, Iran was making preparations for such an attack, Mr Mottaki said on the fringes of a UN General Assembly session in New York.

He said information had been received which gave specific details of planned strikes.

The US says it is pursuing a diplomatic resolution but has refused to rule out a strike against Iran.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7026754.stm
Of course a strike against Iran does not have to be a military strike using conventional manpower to make that strike. Does anyone recall how freely the phrase, "Limited nuclear warfare" was used during most of Reagan Administration's years? If another military strike is made by US forces it does not have to mean a manned strike at all. If a manned invasion of Iraq failed to produce anything like the expected shock and awe the heads disappointed by that expectation may be thinking of a very different kind of "shock and awe" the military is quite capable of inflicting.
This is something I don't care to contemplate at all but I am compelled to.

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:52 am 
Banned

Yes, yes.....nuke them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:20 am 

Paging Sen. Biden
by Patrick J. Buchanan

Posted: 10/02/2007

Many in Congress deeply regret having voted President Bush a blank check for war in October 2002. And they are frustrated at their inability to compel him to begin bringing the troops home.

Why, then, is Congress pushing for a new confrontation, with Iran, which could involve us in a war with a nation four times the size of Iraq?

In July, the Senate voted 97 to zero to censure Iran for complicity in the killing of U.S. soldiers by enhanced IEDs that Iran's Quds Force is said to be providing Iraqi insurgents. Last week, the Senate voted 76 to 22 to designate Iran's Revolutionary Guard a "terrorist organization."

The Senate resolutions track the testimony of Gen. David Petraeus, who accused Iran of conducting a "proxy war" against us:

"Iran, through the use of the Quds Force, seeks to turn the Iraqi Special Groups into a Hezbollah-like force to ... fight a proxy war against the Iraqi state and coalition forces in Iraq."

The War Party is said to be readying a rollout of a big propaganda campaign for war on Iran like the one that stampeded us into the war in Iraq. President Bush got the ball rolling at the American Legion Convention:

"Iran ... is the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism. ... Iran funds terrorist groups like Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, which murder the innocent and target Israel. ... Iran is sending arms to the Taliban. ... Iran's active pursuit of technology that could lead to nuclear weapons threatens to put a region already known for instability and violence under the shadow of a nuclear holocaust. ...

"Iran's leaders cannot escape responsibility for aiding attacks against coalition forces and the murder of innocent Iraqis."

And has Bush already authorized military action against Iran?

"I have authorized our military commanders in Iraq to confront Tehran's murderous activities. ... We've conducted operations against Iranian agents supplying lethal munitions to extremist groups."

Bush's shifting rationale for war on Iran is consistent with what The New Yorker's Sy Hersh reports. The case for war and the initial target list have been changed -- from Iran's nuclear program to Iran's Quds Force.

If Iran is supplying enhanced IEDs to Iraqis to kill Americans, that is an act of war. And President Bush has the same right to go after the nests of terror as did President Nixon in ordering the 1970 invasion of the Viet Cong sanctuaries in Cambodia.

But while Nixon and LBJ bombed North Vietnam, we did not strike China or Russia, which were providing far more weaponry to the NVA and VC than Iran has provided Iraqi insurgents. And President Truman fired Gen. MacArthur, who wanted to go to the source, in China, of the men and weapons killing Americans in Korea.

The point here is this: If the United States has a case for war, why has Congress not held hearings to give us answers to the crucial questions, before Bush plunges us into that war?

How solid is the evidence Iran is providing roadside bombs to kill Americans? How solid is the evidence Tehran has approved of or assisted in these attacks?

If Tehran is complicit in the killing of Americans, is it being done in reprisal for what President Ahmadinejad described as terror attacks against Iran? While he did not name names, the Kurdish Pejak, an offshoot of the PKK, which has engaged in terror attacks against Turkey, has reportedly been operating inside Iran.

Jundallah, the Party of God, has been killing Iranian soldiers in Baluchistan. The Mujahideen-e-Khalq, which the State Department has labeled a terrorist group, is said to be operating against Iran.

Is Iran killing our boys because they think we are killing theirs?

U.S. air strikes on the Quds Force in Iran would bring retaliation, and escalation to U.S. strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities. This would solidify the mullahs and could lead to Iran's distributing surface-to-air missiles to agents and proxies in the Middle East, the unleashing of Shia attacks against our allies and a hellish situation for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention attacks on Gulf tankers, $200-a-barrel oil, a worldwide recession and a 2,000-point plunge in the Dow.

Iran cannot want a war with the United States. If it did, it could have had that war any time in the last 30 years. But Iran did not start any war in those three decades.

If they do not want war, and as Sen. Joe Biden says, he does not want war, why is his Foreign Relations Committee not holding hearings on what exactly Iran is doing in Iraq, how advanced its nuclear program is, what Iran is asking to stop short of nuclear weapons, what Iran is willing to pay for peace with the United States, and what we are willing to offer to get them to back off in Iraq and give up nukes?

If we are going to war, Congress, not George Bush, should take us into it. Isn't that how the Constitution reads?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:42 am 

As a matter of fact, according to Iran's president, Iran hasn't started a war during the last 1000 years....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:30 am 

feetlightup wrote:
baddy wrote:

That baby was a terrorist. Fucking traitor!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:44 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:55 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

Without wanting to be drawn into any political debate, thumbs up!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:15 pm 

It's not rocket science. If your wealth is caught up in cigarettes and it's proved beyond a doubt that they are very bad for health and people start giving up en masse you're going to lose a lot of that wealth. If your wealth is caught up in weapons of war, or the kinds of reconstruction that take place after the destruction of war, or whatever, then war becomes your currency. Who benefits? Certainly not the people who have to actually fight the war.

Last edited by polydigm on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.