Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:09 pm 

Why can't you type in the word m o r t g a g e on this board? It comes up as *SPAM*. Here's an example. I'm typing the word *SPAM* without the spaces.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:46 pm 

From the Why-do-people-bother-having-children file: :roll:

PD: Mother Kicked Out of Concert for Having Baby in Pit Area

Whatever happened to hiring the neighborhood babysitter? If tots aren't dying in hot cars they are being subjected to moshpits. Not too bright.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Sleep-Train-Amphitheatre-Concert-Mom-Baby-Kicked-Out-of-Pit-266787251.html

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:41 pm 

I can remember as five year olds my cousin and I being left in the car whilst my father and uncle were having a driking session at the pub....sob sob, however the car would always be strategically parked in such a way so that they could hand us big glasses of raspberry and lemonade out of the pub window....we loved it, our respective mothers would have frowned....Way back in those enlightened times NZ pubs closed at six pm, six days a week, so we weren't kept out to all hours. Due to the early closing waaaaay back then a phenomenon developed known as the six o'clock swill, which entailed masses of people mostly men, this after all was NZ in the sixties, rushing from their places of work directly to the nearest boozer and consuming as much alcohol as was humanly possible prior to six pm. Six fifteen pm became a dangerous time to be on the road in those pre seatbelt and airbag days......

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:59 am 

MB:
I had no idea there were mosh pits at Brad Paisley concerts. :mrgreen: But, I do agree that it was poor judgement on her part. My son's first concert was an Ozzfest at the age of 5. We had seats underneath the pavilion at the amphitheater so he wouldn't be in the hot sun all day on the lawn, and he wore earplugs. Most people thought it was cool, but we did get a few nasty remarks from some people who thought we had no business bringing him to the show. But, how many people his age can say that they saw the original Black Sabbath perform? Although I must say that Sabbath seemed to have a hard time following Judas Priest in my opinion.

GG:
That was an interesting story, and I can imagine that 6:15 wouldn't have been a good time to be on the road in those days.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:54 pm 

Plook wrote:

Good luck Zgirl... :!:

Philostopher wrote:

Good luck to you. I lost a pretty cool house in my divorce. It didn't go to the wife, it just went back to the lending company.

I wish you all the best. :)

Thank you. We put an offer in on one of the two houses we looked at yesterday. I'm not getting my hopes up this time. I learned the hard way, buying a house here isn't......well, it just isn't normal. We've been to escrow twice and I lost count of how many offers we've submitted over the past year.

Sigh.....I just want a house. :(

Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:41 pm 

It will happen, life has a way of making us wait for the good stuff...I think we appreciate more... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:53 am 

zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:

Good luck Zgirl... :!:

Philostopher wrote:

Good luck to you. I lost a pretty cool house in my divorce. It didn't go to the wife, it just went back to the lending company.

I wish you all the best. :)

Thank you. We put an offer in on one of the two houses we looked at yesterday. I'm not getting my hopes up this time. I learned the hard way, buying a house here isn't......well, it just isn't normal. We've been to escrow twice and I lost count of how many offers we've submitted over the past year.

Sigh.....I just want a house. :(

:( :(

This is really wearing me down....

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 pm 

A colleague at work is going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow. He hasn't stopped telling people for the last 4 months or so, since he booked. For the last couple of days though he is literally telling everybody about how he will be sitting on the beach in a couple of days time and what the count down is until he flies.
To set the scene, he is 46 and married with a 6 year old daughter and he's been away loads of times throughout his life.
My question is why is he going on about so much. We all look forward to our holiday but I'm wondering if there is a deeper psychological reason behind this really over the top behavior. Earlier I said that my wife and I will be having a picnic on Saturday as it's our birthday and his response was that he will be on the beach on Saturday.

It's almost like he's trying to convince himself but I know that he is genuinely looking forward to it, if you know what I mean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:09 am 

Sounds like a snob with a big ego, from the way you tell it.

My habit of wearing gloves to stop my sun allergy has given me a peculiar tanline.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:22 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:
A colleague at work is going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow. He hasn't stopped telling people for the last 4 months or so, since he booked. For the last couple of days though he is literally telling everybody about how he will be sitting on the beach in a couple of days time and what the count down is until he flies.
To set the scene, he is 46 and married with a 6 year old daughter and he's been away loads of times throughout his life.
My question is why is he going on about so much. We all look forward to our holiday but I'm wondering if there is a deeper psychological reason behind this really over the top behavior. Earlier I said that my wife and I will be having a picnic on Saturday as it's our birthday and his response was that he will be on the beach on Saturday.

It's almost like he's trying to convince himself but I know that he is genuinely looking forward to it, if you know what I mean

Setting up an alibi, for an upcoming heinous crime.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:

Maybe he's not coming back.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:28 am 

zappagirl wrote:
thenoisydrum wrote:

Maybe he's not coming back.

Hopefully not!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:35 pm 

Can you imagine how much you will hear about it when he gets back... :shock: ...of course who am I to talk, I post what I had for lunch... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:04 am 

Thing is he is the kind of guy who really thinks he hates his job but if he took a step back he'd realise how good he has it. He#s just always grumpy and stressed.
It's his marriage that he is unhappy about. When he comes back from holiday he'll be even grumpier than usual because he is back at work.........

That's what I was trying to get across initially and I do wonder whether there is a deeper psychological thing going on?

PS - what did you have lunch Plook? I've got Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese on toast 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:00 am 

I just had a falafel wrap with humous and moroccan chutney.
I thought it would have been a lot better :|
TT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:32 am 

I had a Falafel Tuesday (I posted it my thread Plook on Tour...lol) Wednesday I had a salad (trying to lose more weight)... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 am 

I love falafel. The best falafel I've ever had was when I worked in New York City in Hell's Kitchen, there was this little dumpy, hole in the wall across the street from my office that had the best falafel and it was cheap for NYC. I miss it a lot.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:16 am 

I do too - but this one was dry n stale.
I remember in the simpsons they were dumb-downed called 'crunch patties', and the humous was called 'flavor sauce'.
TT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:29 am 

I have been making my own raw hummus lately. The last time I put way too much garlic in it.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:20 pm 

My friend made some falafel once and being an inexperienced cook, and a bit of a tosser in general, he put in a whole bulb of garlic in thinking that was what a clove was!

Last edited by thenoisydrum on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:13 am 

My cousins did that too, on national television, when they were on Big Brother 5.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:26 am 

Just edited my previous post as it didn't make sense - I think BBP got it though 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:54 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:
Just edited my previous post as it didn't make sense - I think BBP got it though 8)

She's super smart... :!:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:06 pm 

Aw Plook, you're so friendly... :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:44 pm 

thenoisydrum wrote:
My friend made some falafel once and being an inexperienced cook, and a bit of a tosser in general, he put in a whole bulb of garlic in thinking that was what a clove was!
:mrgreen: So I'm not the only one! When I was a kid my parents were out one day and I decided to surprise them by making dinner. The instructions on the jar of spaghetti sauce said to add two cloves of garlic for extra flavor but I added two bulbs, thinking they were cloves. They walked in and said they could smell it from out in the street. Well they were definitely surprised.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next