Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:32 pm 

ReetyAwrighty wrote:
thenoisydrum wrote:
My friend made some falafel once and being an inexperienced cook, and a bit of a tosser in general, he put in a whole bulb of garlic in thinking that was what a clove was!
:mrgreen: So I'm not the only one! When I was a kid my parents were out one day and I decided to surprise them by making dinner. The instructions on the jar of spaghetti sauce said to add two cloves of garlic for extra flavor but I added two bulbs, thinking they were cloves. They walked in and said they could smell it from out in the street. Well they were definitely surprised.

Did they eat it?

This is a great story.

Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:39 pm 

I grew up in LA and was lucky enough to discover Salaams Falafels in Bellflower at an early age, there no longer there, but they were named best falafel in the country a couple of times (I think 5).

It was an old donut stand that had the big donut sign, sign is gone and now it’s a taco stand. Well they made their patties fresh for each sandwich which was a half a pita pockets with cabbage radishes pickles and the best Tahini sauce ever.

We used to go buy a dozen patties and put them in spaghetti for vegetarian spaghetti, it was excellent.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:08 pm 

Plook wrote:
I grew up in LA and was lucky enough to discover Salaams Falafels in Bellflower at an early age, there no longer there, but they were named best falafel in the country a couple of times (I think 5).

It was an old donut stand that had the big donut sign, sign is gone and now it’s a taco stand. Well they made their patties fresh for each sandwich which was a half a pita pockets with cabbage radishes pickles and the best Tahini sauce ever.

We used to go buy a dozen patties and put them in spaghetti for vegetarian spaghetti, it was excellent.

Now I'm hungry!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:19 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
ReetyAwrighty wrote:
thenoisydrum wrote:
My friend made some falafel once and being an inexperienced cook, and a bit of a tosser in general, he put in a whole bulb of garlic in thinking that was what a clove was!
:mrgreen: So I'm not the only one! When I was a kid my parents were out one day and I decided to surprise them by making dinner. The instructions on the jar of spaghetti sauce said to add two cloves of garlic for extra flavor but I added two bulbs, thinking they were cloves. They walked in and said they could smell it from out in the street. Well they were definitely surprised.

Did they eat it?

This is a great story.
They didn't, but I did! Chopping up that much garlic numbs your sense of smell and you don't realize how strong it is while you're eating it. For the next two or three days I couldn't taste anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:06 pm 

ReetyAwrighty wrote:
thenoisydrum wrote:

Yep. Did that the first time I made chili, from scratch. I was mosquito free for a month!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:59 am 

CNN reporter on the impact of the Ukraine plane crash: "It's a small country, under 10 million I think..."

You'd think he'd have done some research, would it be that hard to come up with the 17 million figure?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:25 pm 

BBP wrote:
CNN reporter on the impact of the Ukraine plane crash: "It's a small country, under 10 million I think..."

You'd think he'd have done some research, would it be that hard to come up with the 17 million figure?

There to busy keeping the hologram machine working... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 am 

I'm the best procrastinator I know.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:19 pm 

zappagirl wrote:

I need to introduce you to the Daughter Plook the Elder, you and her could have a contest and see who can put shit off the longest but still get it done on time...hey that may be a TV show... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:04 pm 

Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

I need to introduce you to the Daughter Plook the Elder, you and her could have a contest and see who can put shit off the longest but still get it done on time...hey that may be a TV show... :mrgreen:

Ha, that is so me! Maybe we are long lost BFFs.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 pm 

Well, I don't have to go to San Francisco to fire one of my employees now because she did me a favor and got another job. Now I just need her resignation letter so I can start looking for a replacement for her sorry ass. Good riddance I say!

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:26 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
Well, I don't have to go to San Francisco to fire one of my employees now because she did me a favor and got another job. Now I just need her resignation letter so I can start looking for a replacement for her sorry ass. Good riddance I say!

Dam Zgirl, I could have got Kapt.Kiirk and KU and met you for lunch in SF... :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:36 pm 

Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

Dam Zgirl, I could have got Kapt.Kiirk and KU and met you for lunch in SF... :!:

Well, I sure hope I can take you up on that when I have to come up to hire a replacement!

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:04 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

Well, I sure hope I can take you up on that when I have to come up to hire a replacement!

Let's us know.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:19 am 

I just made the realization that I'm the only person in my office that listens to music while working.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
I just made the realization that I'm the only person in my office that listens to music while working.

Wow. I'm lucky since I work at home, I can play it pretty much as loud as I want. I can't imagine being in an office and not listening to something (if it's allowed).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

Wow. I'm lucky since I work at home, I can play it pretty much as loud as I want. I can't imagine being in an office and not listening to something (if it's allowed).

These days people raise a stink about other peoples music at work, it is not uncommon for there to be an outright ban at a business... :!:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:29 am 

If the boss says no music then so be it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
If the boss says no music then so be it.

Sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

I'm lucky too, I couldn't work at a place where they told me I couldn't listen to music. Friday's are pretty dead in the office so if I'm here, I can pretty much turn it up as loud as I want. Then around 3:00, we open some wine and it goes even louder. :)

The only thing I sometimes wonder about is, sometimes I'll walk away from my office without turning the music off and then come back and something like "Blabber 'N Smoke" is playing and I wonder if anyone came to my office while I was gone and was like "what the hell is she listening to?"

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:32 pm 

I'm glad I don't live at this end of Sunset Blvd.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... er=nbcnews

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 pm 

Will the County fine themselves for breaching their own water restrictions.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:40 am 

Let's rename Valentine's Day "Single Awareness Day".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:02 pm 

And let's rename Sweetest Day "Enough Already, Remember Valentines Day!!?".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:11 pm 

I hate my motorcycle helmet.

my bongos in the dirt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next