Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2865
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Scrutie's completely on the mark on this one.

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Scrutie's completely on the mark on this one.
Not exactly. He will not know whether to protect his children, his wife, or himself from Nappie if he lived in his neighborhood. After all, we don't know what Nappie rapes next.

As I understand the argument, when these people are let out of prison, they have not paid their debt to society. They pose a perpetual danger, and it is now up to the people to search the net to provide necessary protection against being offer for a crime. It just don't seem to me the right way to handle crime. I think it is a too serious matter to be put in the hands of those who can search imperfect databases.

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Actually, Central Scrutinizer, I do remember reading earlier in this thread that you yourself got into a heated argument with another forum member about whether the numbers attached to the description of the crime indicated a) how many rapes had been committed b) whether it was referring to a subsection of the law. You also argued that this site was concerned with only sex crimes against children and another forum member disagreed. Now, I've no idea who is right in this situation and I'm not taking sides - however doesn't this indicate that the info given is an encouragement to gossip, misunderstanding and theory making? As far as this thread goes I think we've (and I include myself) been doing very little else.
Earlier on some posters were indicating that urination in public might have been the offence.
Is there a difference between what kind of rape occurs (male, female, child, animal, after a few drinks, on being lead on, to humilate a partner, falsely accused, incest etc etc) or is everything the same for you? I'd be interested to know.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 533
Location: in a small town someplace i used to be
Nappi might be an alledged pervert, but at least hes not a little overweight like that Ike Willis.

_________________
BANNED and FAT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5813
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Caputh wrote:
Actually, Central Scrutinizer, I do remember reading earlier in this thread that you yourself got into a heated argument with another forum member about whether the numbers attached to the description of the crime indicated a) how many rapes had been committed b) whether it was referring to a subsection of the law. You also argued that this site was concerned with only sex crimes against children and another forum member disagreed. Now, I've no idea who is right in this situation and I'm not taking sides - however doesn't this indicate that the info given is an encouragement to gossip, misunderstanding and theory making? As far as this thread goes I think we've (and I include myself) been doing very little else.
Earlier on some posters were indicating that urination in public might have been the offence.
Is there a difference between what kind of rape occurs (male, female, child, animal, after a few drinks, on being lead on, to humilate a partner, falsely accused, incest etc etc) or is everything the same for you? I'd be interested to know.


no i didn't get into a heated argument. i made an error by thinking the (2) signified 2 counts of the crime which was defined as rape by force. I'm re-iterating this point to make clear that there is no debate over whether his crime was peeing in the street. Regarding whether the victim was an adult or underage came from my belief that the site was primarily for those who had committed offences against children. I may be wrong in that, so i withdrew it.

You make no logical sense in your final paragraph. You start off by suggesting once again the offence could have been peeing in the street, then conclude it by asking me if i think all rape is the same???

To answer your question directly and make a point once again i've already made here on numerous occasions, if you'd only have cared to read the thread properly. There is no debate over the nature of the crime, it says rape by force.

I have no intention of answering your last point as i find it insulting, idiotic and i wouldn't lower myself to that level. That's the sort moron-level psychoanalysis you expect from halfwits who don't really have anything to say...but say it anyway.

I will make this point though, his defenders here are offering all sorts of mitigating circumstances, ranging from drink to peeing in the street (surely the most bizarre of them all). They offer these mitigating circumstances without a shred of evidence to support them. I have said nothing more than he was on a sex reigster for the crime of rape by force. I say this with verifiable evidence for everyone to see. So i feel no need to explain my position on this, or defend my position either and i certainly don't see why my morals should be up for scrutiny because of it.

Can everyone defending him ask yourselves this;

If Napi was just some regular black guy with no zappa connections convicted of rape by force. Would you be so quick to offer all these great defence actions in his favour?

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
I'm very sorry if you felt insulted by my post as it was not my intention to a) psychoanalyse you or b) question your morals. As you obviously had this impression, I apologize for any moronic, half-witted comments on my part.
My intention was also not to defend NMB for raping somebody, but rather to highlight, as you yourself, an obviously intelligent individual, admit at the beginning of your last post, the fact that this information is obviously difficult to interpret to the untrained eye and is thus open to distortion. It was my (probably mistaken) impression that in a prior post you had indicated that the information was crystal clear.
I am also not condemning you for putting up the information on this board. It's there on the net for everyone to see, rather I am questioning the effectiveness and legitimacy of the decison made by the authorities to make this kind of information available to the general public. This is something to which you obviously violently disagree, but I don't know if it is necessary to take any disagreement by others of your views quite so personally. It's the issue, not the person I am questioning.
The information given appeared to me to be insufficient i.e. not fulfilling its own purpose in providing people with a forewarning - "rape by force" covers a lot of territory IMO.
Thus it seemed to me to be ineffective on its own terms.
Although I'm repeating myself, I'll try and make this absolutely clear: The offence was wrong and I condemn it. The decision by the authorities to publish this kind of information in this form can lead to speculation, gossip and the desire for revenge in some members of the public in my opinion.
Thus it appears to me to be not legitimate for the authorities to publish this information on the net
The reason my "last paragraph" seemed to make two, unconnected points for you is probably because they are two, unconnected paragraphs, making two, seperate points, which is why I indented the penultimate paragraph; I probably should have left a space between the two paragraphs, but find that my text starts dancing up and down while I'm formulating it, if I go on too long.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
this site is for people who've committed offences against minors and it says (2) meaning 2 counts. so they must have at least some evidence. they couldn't put him on the list without it.
One of those must be rape by force on a minor,unless it did a third which i cant see he be doing a roy time :smoke:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
If you like flogging that dead horse,have at it as you always do! Yippie I O Ty A! :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
What the fuck you on about protecting nonces.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Actually, Central Scrutinizer, I do remember reading earlier in this thread that you yourself got into a heated argument with another forum member about whether the numbers attached to the description of the crime indicated a) how many rapes had been committed b) whether it was referring to a subsection of the law. You also argued that this site was concerned with only sex crimes against children and another forum member disagreed. Now, I've no idea who is right in this situation and I'm not taking sides - however doesn't this indicate that the info given is an encouragement to gossip, misunderstanding and theory making? As far as this thread goes I think we've (and I include myself) been doing very little else.
Earlier on some posters were indicating that urination in public might have been the offence.
Is there a difference between what kind of rape occurs (male, female, child, animal, after a few drinks, on being lead on, to humilate a partner, falsely accused, incest etc etc) or is everything the same for you? I'd be interested to know.


no i didn't get into a heated argument. i made an error by thinking the (2) signified 2 counts of the crime which was defined as rape by force. I'm re-iterating this point to make clear that there is no debate over whether his crime was peeing in the street. Regarding whether the victim was an adult or underage came from my belief that the site was primarily for those who had committed offences against children. I may be wrong in that, so i withdrew it.

You make no logical sense in your final paragraph. You start off by suggesting once again the offence could have been peeing in the street, then conclude it by asking me if i think all rape is the same???

To answer your question directly and make a point once again i've already made here on numerous occasions, if you'd only have cared to read the thread properly. There is no debate over the nature of the crime, it says rape by force.

I have no intention of answering your last point as i find it insulting, idiotic and i wouldn't lower myself to that level. That's the sort moron-level psychoanalysis you expect from halfwits who don't really have anything to say...but say it anyway.

I will make this point though, his defenders here are offering all sorts of mitigating circumstances, ranging from drink to peeing in the street (surely the most bizarre of them all). They offer these mitigating circumstances without a shred of evidence to support them. I have said nothing more than he was on a sex reigster for the crime of rape by force. I say this with verifiable evidence for everyone to see. So i feel no need to explain my position on this, or defend my position either and i certainly don't see why my morals should be up for scrutiny because of it.

Can everyone defending him ask yourselves this;

If Napi was just some regular black guy with no zappa connections convicted of rape by force. Would you be so quick to offer all these great defence actions in his favour?


Ahh the Central Scrutinizer - I wish he still posted. Hot-headed but sincere; I'm sorry if I pissed him off.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
cleon wrote:
What the fuck you on about protecting nonces.

Please to explain,Ingwish is my second language,so sorry,what!?!?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
cleon wrote:
What the fuck you on about protecting nonces.

Please to explain,Ingwish is my second language,so sorry,what!?!?

Go Fuck Yourself and check what's above,Why are you say dead horse flogging your full of shit asshole 8)

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6945
Location: South wales
Image

Image

More proof too accounts.
maybe minor or major though force 8)

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
cleon wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
cleon wrote:
What the fuck you on about protecting nonces.

Please to explain,Ingwish is my second language,so sorry,what!?!?

Go Fuck Yourself and check what's above,Why are you say dead horse flogging your full of shit asshole 8)

I love you cleon! :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5813
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Caputh wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Actually, Central Scrutinizer, I do remember reading earlier in this thread that you yourself got into a heated argument with another forum member about whether the numbers attached to the description of the crime indicated a) how many rapes had been committed b) whether it was referring to a subsection of the law. You also argued that this site was concerned with only sex crimes against children and another forum member disagreed. Now, I've no idea who is right in this situation and I'm not taking sides - however doesn't this indicate that the info given is an encouragement to gossip, misunderstanding and theory making? As far as this thread goes I think we've (and I include myself) been doing very little else.
Earlier on some posters were indicating that urination in public might have been the offence.
Is there a difference between what kind of rape occurs (male, female, child, animal, after a few drinks, on being lead on, to humilate a partner, falsely accused, incest etc etc) or is everything the same for you? I'd be interested to know.


no i didn't get into a heated argument. i made an error by thinking the (2) signified 2 counts of the crime which was defined as rape by force. I'm re-iterating this point to make clear that there is no debate over whether his crime was peeing in the street. Regarding whether the victim was an adult or underage came from my belief that the site was primarily for those who had committed offences against children. I may be wrong in that, so i withdrew it.

You make no logical sense in your final paragraph. You start off by suggesting once again the offence could have been peeing in the street, then conclude it by asking me if i think all rape is the same???

To answer your question directly and make a point once again i've already made here on numerous occasions, if you'd only have cared to read the thread properly. There is no debate over the nature of the crime, it says rape by force.

I have no intention of answering your last point as i find it insulting, idiotic and i wouldn't lower myself to that level. That's the sort moron-level psychoanalysis you expect from halfwits who don't really have anything to say...but say it anyway.

I will make this point though, his defenders here are offering all sorts of mitigating circumstances, ranging from drink to peeing in the street (surely the most bizarre of them all). They offer these mitigating circumstances without a shred of evidence to support them. I have said nothing more than he was on a sex reigster for the crime of rape by force. I say this with verifiable evidence for everyone to see. So i feel no need to explain my position on this, or defend my position either and i certainly don't see why my morals should be up for scrutiny because of it.

Can everyone defending him ask yourselves this;

If Napi was just some regular black guy with no zappa connections convicted of rape by force. Would you be so quick to offer all these great defence actions in his favour?


Ahh the Central Scrutinizer - I wish he still posted. Hot-headed but sincere; I'm sorry if I pissed him off.


I just seen this, no you didn't piss me off! I enjoy a bit of debate, I'd actually forgotten all about this thread! I was quite possibly pissed off at the time, but I'm pissed off about 30 times a day, ask my wife and kids! :mrgreen: But I soon recover my calm disposition and rarely harbour grudges! :smoke:

I remember how I felt when I started this thread, I didn't enjoy posting it and almost didn't do it, but it certainly was news related to Zappa, albeit not the greatest news and I felt people should know about it and people can choose to believe me or not, but I took no satisfaction whatsoever from making the post, nor did I particularly want to either. However, I didn't then and still don't now, think it was something that should have been kept hidden from his fans and I'm one of them.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2208
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Knowledge is worthwhile Scrutinizer, although not always pleasant.

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

I just seen this, no you didn't piss me off! I enjoy a bit of debate, I'd actually forgotten all about this thread! I was quite possibly pissed off at the time, but I'm pissed off about 30 times a day, ask my wife and kids! :mrgreen: But I soon recover my calm disposition and rarely harbour grudges! :smoke:

I remember how I felt when I started this thread, I didn't enjoy posting it and almost didn't do it, but it certainly was news related to Zappa, albeit not the greatest news and I felt people should know about it and people can choose to believe me or not, but I took no satisfaction whatsoever from making the post, nor did I particularly want to either. However, I didn't then and still don't now, think it was something that should have been kept hidden from his fans and I'm one of them.


I enjoyed it it too and am glad my posts weren't a reason for your absence. Been doing any music recently?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5813
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Caputh wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

I just seen this, no you didn't piss me off! I enjoy a bit of debate, I'd actually forgotten all about this thread! I was quite possibly pissed off at the time, but I'm pissed off about 30 times a day, ask my wife and kids! :mrgreen: But I soon recover my calm disposition and rarely harbour grudges! :smoke:

I remember how I felt when I started this thread, I didn't enjoy posting it and almost didn't do it, but it certainly was news related to Zappa, albeit not the greatest news and I felt people should know about it and people can choose to believe me or not, but I took no satisfaction whatsoever from making the post, nor did I particularly want to either. However, I didn't then and still don't now, think it was something that should have been kept hidden from his fans and I'm one of them.


I enjoyed it it too and am glad my posts weren't a reason for your absence. Been doing any music recently?


There's nothing like a good invite :mrgreen: Yeah I'm generally always working on something. This is my latest CD release, an ambient album that I did in its entirety with heavily-effected electric guitar. It went out on Feb 2nd this year.

Image

http://solipsism.bandcamp.com/album/soliloquy (full album can be streamed from the link)

And I've also just finished a new ambient album, this one was done with my electric guitar again, but i've incorporated my microkorg this time also.

Image

http://solipsism.bandcamp.com/album/weaving-spiders The first track from this one is available for streaming and free download, I don't know when it's being released in full though.

My live set from a gig in Glasgow back in March is also available for free download

Image

http://solipsism.bandcamp.com/album/liv ... ck-sparrow

bet you wish you never asked now lol :mrgreen:

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your very good music
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Good stuff! Particularly, the live album.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your very good music
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5813
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Caputh wrote:
Good stuff! Particularly, the live album.



Cheers! The gig itself was shit to be honest though :mrgreen:

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
How so? No audience? Bad audience? BTW are you into Bill Laswell/Axiom Ambient at all? Some of it reminds me a bit of him.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5813
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Caputh wrote:
How so? No audience? Bad audience? BTW are you into Bill Laswell/Axiom Ambient at all? Some of it reminds me a bit of him.



Yeah, there was only about 15-20 people there, about half of whom were friends of the first act. I had to set my gear up partly on the couch along the wall of the bar and partly on a wobbly 3 legged bar table and the sound system lacked WHOOOMPH!

Apart from that it was alright though :mrgreen:

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
"Apart from that" is great! :lol:
It still sounds pretty good to me, though. In fact, I've put it on my MP3 player and will torture my kids and wife with it in the car on the way to France this summer :mrgreen: You should charge for it, though.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5813
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Caputh wrote:
"Apart from that" is great! :lol:
It still sounds pretty good to me, though. In fact, I've put it on my MP3 player and will torture my kids and wife with it in the car on the way to France this summer :mrgreen: You should charge for it, though.


Well, I give people the option to "name your price" on the live set ones. That means they can pay as low as 0 or as much as they like, most folks choose 0!

I hope the family enjoys it!!

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group