Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:45 am 

So, I don't know how many of you remember me, but those who do might remember I posted my first album up here back in early 2008. If you liked it, you might like some of my new work too, check it out if you'd be so kind. It's all free by the way.

Note: FLAC uploads are currently unavailable for most releases, I uploaded them in torrents on Demonoid, but their site and tracker is currently down. I could attach the torrents to this post, but the tracker's down, and the chances of you being able to connect through DHT or peer exchange are poor at best.

Listed in chronological order...

Residential Home Music (EP, experimental/drone) - FLAC / MP3

An Evening of Light Musical Entertainment (LP, synthetic chamber ensemble and orchestra) - MP3

The 20th Century (LP, various styles, all synthetic) - MP3
- Organ Short #3, this track is apparently corrupted in The 20th Century zip folder, so here's the individual track - http://www.mediafire.com/?ighjytylzg0

Stuff That Doesn't Suck Quite as Bad as the Rest of the Stuff (EP, noise, the best bits culled from two hours of largely awful material) - MP3

Tableshit (EP, odd short pieces made on primitive sequencer software called TablEdit, contains two sets of arrangements) - MP3

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you decide to download any of it then I hope you enjoy. Any and all feedback is welcome, positive or negative.

Thanks everyone, good to be back on the forum!

Non Demonoid users interested in obtaining my albums in FLAC click here.

Stream my music here.

Last edited by Crudblud on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:39 am 

Certainly one of the most talented composer that ever shared his work here in the forum...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:56 am 

Hey Crud! How are you doing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 am 

Hi BBP! I'm doing well, or something like that. How about you?

And GG, thankyou for the compliment, I'm not very good at taking them but that means a lot to me.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 am 

Thanks Crudblud :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 am 

sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!
MORE new music!
thanks guy!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:41 pm 

"Hello boys, I missed you...."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:50 pm 

All of the albums in the OP contain excellent material, except "Stuff That Doesn't Suck..." which I have not yet listened to and so cannot comment on. I recommend downloading one, if not more of them.

Also, here is a compilation I created a while back (with the artist's permission, of course) of some material from his earlier works (specifically, Pizazza EP, The Salad and Kwannukamas). The first track is a mash-up of two others, and the tracks from Pizazza have been remastered to fit in with the sound of the whole. I have tried to mix up genres a bit more than in the original albums, and also have constructed segues so the whole thing flows as it were a piece. I like to think of this as being to Pizazza, The Salad and Kwannukamas what Läther is to Zappa in New York, Studio Tan, Sleep Dirt and Orchestral Favorites, but that's just my own viewpoint as somebody who often spends more time focusing on the miniscule edits between tracks than the music itself.

Anyway, without further ado, I present to you Some Asshole Butchered My Work! (Vol. 1):

Download as Ogg Vorbis (58.02 MB)
Download as mp3 (62.87 MB)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:09 pm 

Marqueson's Chicken wrote:

Wow...there's some cool shit in there, thanks. It's goin' on a bike riding MD, right after FOWL's Instormental :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:46 am 

Marqueson's compilation does actually make for a good sampler of my earlier work, so I'd recommend checking it out. It doesn't contain any of the new material I have posted here, but it's pretty good summary of my early style.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:29 pm 

New! Fresh! Get it while it's hot!

As I said in the OP, I once posted an EP here by the name of Pizazza EP, and it is now time to proudly present you with Pizazza LP, an album recorded in its entirety today!

Pizazza LP - FLAC part 1, FLAC part 2, FLAC part 3 (split archive, simply save all three parts to your hard drive and extract the first part, the other two will be extracted automatically)

Download Pizazza LP in MP3

Tracks -
01. I Deafen Myself Because I am Cool
02. I Attempt to Soothe My Ears With a Classical Guitar
03. I Provide a Fairly Useless Update
04. Theme from Roman Polanski's Arse
05. Cthulhu's Bar & Grill (part 1)
06. Cthulhu's Bar & Grill (part 2)
07. Cthulhu's Bar & Grill (part 3)
08. Train Station

Total running time: 35:19

Pizazza will be my last big release this year, and with that in mind, here's a little taste of what I'm working on right now, all of it is due for release in 2010.

2010 EP - FLAC / MP3

Tracks -
01 - String 13
02 - String 11
03 - Sailor's Alphabet [Instrumental Demo] (from the upcoming Bucket O' Dan side project, album title "Grog!" In hindisight, I probably should've warmed up on the mandolin before recording, so the playing is a little bit clunky and it's full of mistakes, but it is only a demo after all!)
04 - George's Wedding - 1st Movement (brand new large scale chamber ensemble work)

Total running time: 07:10

Thanks for reading, I hope you'll give these a listen and tell me what you think!

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:43 pm 

Hey there Dan/Crud! I've downloaded some of this stuff and I'll be sure to report back with the good news!
Good to see you again.

Edit: thanks for putting up an mp3 option. I'm not quite at FLAC level yet... some things never change...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:53 pm 

Hey Feets, good to see you're still hanging around these parts!

If it was up to me, I'd only put up an MP3 option, but some people do like to complain about that stuff... a lot.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:16 am 

I'm more of an occasional visitor these days... guess I've already said all I need to say about Zappa and Trendmonger.

On a preliminary listen, I really enjoyed the "Light Music" LP of yours. Your sequencer work is great, and your pieces are exciting and interesting. Listening to "Tableshit" now, and enjoying that too. I sampled a few of your guitar-based tracks too, and those didn't grab me as much, but I'll give them a fuller listen today. I downloaded em all, and put them on my iPod, so I'll give more feedback later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:31 am 

Crudblud wrote:
New! Fresh! Get it while it's hot!

As I said in the OP, I once posted an EP here by the name of Pizazza EP, and it is now time to proudly present you with Pizazza LP, an album recorded in its entirety today!

Pizazza LP - FLAC part 1, FLAC part 2, FLAC part 3 (split archive, simply save all three parts to your hard drive and extract the first part, the other two will be extracted automatically)

Download Pizazza LP in MP3

Tracks -
01. I Deafen Myself Because I am Cool
02. I Attempt to Soothe My Ears With a Classical Guitar
03. I Provide a Fairly Useless Update
04. Theme from Roman Polanski's Arse
05. Cthulhu's Bar & Grill (part 1)
06. Cthulhu's Bar & Grill (part 2)
07. Cthulhu's Bar & Grill (part 3)
08. Train Station

Total running time: 35:19

Pizazza will be my last big release this year, and with that in mind, here's a little taste of what I'm working on right now, all of it is due for release in 2010.

2010 EP - FLAC / MP3

Tracks -
01 - String 13
02 - String 11
03 - Sailor's Alphabet [Instrumental Demo] (from the upcoming Bucket O' Dan side project, album title "Grog!" In hindisight, I probably should've warmed up on the mandolin before recording, so the playing is a little bit clunky and it's full of mistakes, but it is only a demo after all!)
04 - George's Wedding - 1st Movement (brand new large scale chamber ensemble work)

Total running time: 07:10

Thanks for reading, I hope you'll give these a listen and tell me what you think!
Thanks crudblud...it's downloading now...I'll take it out on the afternoon bike ride :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:28 am 

The "20th Century" LP is definitely a winner. Especially liked "Patience".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:25 am 

feetlightup wrote:

I agree, "Patience" is fantastic. In fact, it's one that I've considered covering if Crudblud agrees (I'd like to learn to play at least one of his compositions). The only thing I don't like about The 20th Century is the first three tracks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:40 pm 

feetlightup wrote:

I agree, "Patience" is fantastic. In fact, it's one that I've considered covering if Crudblud agrees (I'd like to learn to play at least one of his compositions). The only thing I don't like about The 20th Century is the first three tracks.

Well, to be fair, he did name them "Shit". :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:15 pm 

Just to satisfy my completionist tendencies, here are some old releases, I don't think they're particularly good in comparison with more recent work, but here they are anyway...

The Salad (LP, 2008, largely synthetic, does feature guest performances from other musicians such as our own Billy (Suterb), and Steve (Marqueson's Chicken).

MP3 part 1 (tracks 1-13 and 15), MP3 part 2 (tracks 14 and 16 (Pancho's Revenge)) / FLAC (Currently unavailable)

The original Pizazza EP (2008, guitar improv, poor recording quality)

MP3 / FLAC (currently unavailable)

Edit: Yes, these have been posted on here before, but they've probably been lost under a thousand threads since I first posted them.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm 

Oh this is more forumer music! I thought it was about jobs so I've been avoiding this thread! hahahhaha I'll have to check out your music.

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:58 am 

All of the albums in the OP contain excellent material, except "Stuff That Doesn't Suck..." which I have not yet listened to and so cannot comment on. I recommend downloading one, if not more of them.

Also, here is a compilation I created a while back (with the artist's permission, of course) of some material from his earlier works (specifically, Pizazza EP, The Salad and Kwannukamas). The first track is a mash-up of two others, and the tracks from Pizazza have been remastered to fit in with the sound of the whole. I have tried to mix up genres a bit more than in the original albums, and also have constructed segues so the whole thing flows as it were a piece. I like to think of this as being to Pizazza, The Salad and Kwannukamas what Läther is to Zappa in New York, Studio Tan, Sleep Dirt and Orchestral Favorites, but that's just my own viewpoint as somebody who often spends more time focusing on the miniscule edits between tracks than the music itself.

Anyway, without further ado, I present to you Some Asshole Butchered My Work! (Vol. 1):

Listened to this this morning. Great music, and a fine compilation.

I'm a Dan Fan!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:35 pm 

I'm glad my work is getting such a warm reception here, I don't strive for the approval of others, but it's nice all the same.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 pm 

Here's a little Christmas present for all my friends here on the Zappa forum!

Noël: Improviser sur l'orgue

Essentially a Messiaen style -though nowhere near as good as Messiaen- organ improvisation on an old electric organ I found in a charity shop for £90. Probably the ugliest celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ by a non-Christian you will ever hear, this recording comes in mono complete with an obnoxious French title which is likely incorrect!

MP3

FLAC

And just to let everyone know, I have a new album coming out on New Year's Day, download links will be provided as soon as it's ready to go. Until then, merry Christmas to everyone here!

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:50 pm 

Merry Christmas Crudblud, and thanks! You da man :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:22 am 

Hey hey! Happy new year everyone!

Here's 54 minutes of brand new, raw unbridled fuckery. Yes indeed, it's "George's Wedding," enjoy!

MP3

FLAC

Stream my music here.