Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:24 am 

This isn't the double album I've been working on, that one won't be ready for some time. Anyway, here's 'Return,' half an hour of fairly heavy going stuff which probably won't be to most people's tastes. It's a very personal work, and I would advise most people not to download it.

I'm using Badongo for the mp3 encodes for the time being, as MediaFire (and essentially every other file hosting site I can find) is being a raging piece of shit.

MP3

FLAC

Listen and download on Last.fm (MP3)

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 pm 

I have a new album and it is called Pierce Brosnan Ultrachrist, I'm not sure why, it just is. Out of sheer tiredness, I think I forgot to include liner notes in the MP3 upload, but you're not really missing out on much.

MP3

FLAC

Last.fm

Rate Your Music

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:02 pm 

Hello all, just a quick update. For those of you who are interested, there's more Planetary on the way soon, and I'm working on a two hour orchestra type thing as well as another full length album. I've been kind of busy lately working on a commission for a video game soundtrack, it's pretty restrictive in terms of the sort of music I'm allowed to make, but it's a job, and the first sign of my being able to make a living doing what I love to do. Anyway, this was just to let those who are interested in my music know that I'm not dead, and working on getting some new stuff out in the coming months.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:52 am 

Howdy folks! I present to you now a suite of music originally composed for a video game that no longer exists. I have titled this suite 'Xajae,' and it's alright. The music is written for accordion, organ, clavinet, bass and drums.

FLAC (96/24)

FLAC (44.1/16)

MP3

Enjoy, and, if you get either of the FLAC torrents, don't forget to seed.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:58 pm 

Hi Crud-o! Good to see you around and making great music! Also, thanks for your immense generosity to share this all for free with us... I might consider a donation sometime, if that is OK with you. Keep up the great work 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:20 am 

Thanks GG. Of course people can donate money, I don't have a paypal account or anything like that at the moment so I would advise anyone considering a donation to wait for a while, the last time someone abroad sent cash it got stolen during transit.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:11 am 

And now... I am pleased to be able to bring you this year's obligatory solo guitar release; Pizazza III... woo...

mp3

FLAC

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:51 am 

Thanks! Looking forward to listen!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:53 pm 

Hey G G are you familiar with Mariano Massolo? This guy can really play great harmonica.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:34 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Hey G G are you familiar with Mariano Massolo? This guy can really play great harmonica.

No, not yet. But thanks, I will keep aware of it, in case I can hear some...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 pm 

He is from Brazil has some on you tube.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 am 

There is a famous harmonica player around, I haven't had the chance to see yet, called Gabriel Grossi, check him out too on yt. Thanks again.

Dan, listening the second track right now, Oo... the percussive acoustic is very Brazilian... Nice! Check Weber Lopes with Paulo Bellinati.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:51 am 

Grossi is good but you have to check out Mariano Massolo, watch him play a django tune, minor swing, his quintet is amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:52 pm 

Guys, not wishing to be a bother, but I'd appreciate it if we could keep the Brazilian harmonica player discussion out of this thread.

Thanks.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:09 pm 

Howdy folks. I just noticed I haven't updated this thread in a long time. So, before I get to what I was actually planning to say, here are all the releases I've made since Pizazza III.

Birthday
Recorded, mixed and released, appropriately, on my birthday. Features a largely improvised and very stupid song, a track for bongos and electric guitar, and a lengthy guitar solo backed by four sitars.

Voodoo Shitbats Ate My Dick in Vietnam
Part stress release, part tribute to the late Captain Beefheart. A rambling alto sax improvisation. As with most things the name is chosen more for amusement than relevance.

Bodrak, vol. 1
One of three releases I made during a serious creative slump (personally, I think it shows) brought on by trying too hard and forgetting why I wrote music in the first place.

How's My Plagiarism?
Pseudo sonata for pipe organ. Written during the "Bodrak" (AKA creative desert) period and really not very good, but here it is, warts 'n' all.

Bodrak, vol. 2
The last of the creative desert EPs, and pretty much on par with the other two.

Pizazza IV
The shortest of my guitar improv series, featuring only one long-ish track.

That takes care of the releases I missed here.

Now, I know there are some people here who like what I do, if only a few, and I'd like to apologise for being pretty crappy work flow and quality wise this year. I tried a few new things, most of them didn't work out that well, but a little experimentation has gone hand in hand with my work pretty much since the beginning. The main problem is chronic depression, which it would seem I've had for a few years now, possibly as early as 2007. I'm not the kind of person who uses illness of any kind as a crutch, and in the past I've always tried to work through it as best as I can, but my strength, concentration, ability to take care of myself properly is fading or has faded, and it's difficult to deal with. Again, to people who like or have taken the time to listen to my stuff, I'm sorry about this.

In spite of all this, I still have big plans for 2012. First off, Planetary, which I know at least one guy here really liked, will be back and will see a more regular release schedule, and The Adventures of Mr. Pachuco, which I guess I've been building up to since The Salad, will be out with super duper super-ness (or something like that). Night Music, a chamber work for piano, flute, piccolo and glockenspiel will finally be ready to go, after two years of something like development hell. On top of that I have many single pieces in various stages of completion that will be coming out in a haphazard fashion for quite some time.

I don't expect anyone to read this, I know the impending release of the Carnegie Hall set and, well, pretty much everything else that goes on around here and wherever else is much more interesting, but if you are reading this; thanks. Many of the fine people here, including Mr. Green Genes, feetlightup, pedro and baddy, were great sources of encouragement and inspiration when I first came here in 2007, and I haven't forgotten any of you.

Anyway, here's wishing well to all at the Zappa forum, hope everyone's having a good day!

Stream my music here.